Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must??

+9
nocash
tish
dandeana21
greatgazoo
newsman
impact2001
Fortessimo
mooscenic
ultrashine
13 posters

Go down

Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must??

Post by ultrashine 25th March 2009, 12:29 pm

Can i check if anti-rust is a must do after we get our new forte? Anyone of you decided not to go for it because of our climate (No Snow) ? Getting my ride next week so still deciding.... Wink

ultrashine

Back to top Go down

Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty Re: Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must??

Post by mooscenic 25th March 2009, 12:47 pm

In my opinion, think it is not necessary to put anti rust unless you stay or work near places with very corrosive elements...

Else I reckon the car manufacturers nowadays have employed sufficient rust proving technics to their cars and the fact is in Sillypore, we often own our cars for not more than 4 to 5 years and I do not think rust will have formed.

Maybe I will rust proof the car if it is a lesser ride from maybe Made in China products....

Just my 2 cents worth...

mooscenic

Back to top Go down

Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must?? Empty Re: Anti-Rust for the NEW Cerato Forte a must??

Post by Fortessimo 25th March 2009, 7:05 pm

ultrashine wrote:Can i check if anti-rust is a must do after we get our new forte? Anyone of you decided not to go for it because of our climate (No Snow) ? Getting my ride next week so still deciding.... Wink

Anti-rust don't need unless u planning to drive your Forte way past the COE expiry...cos factory default will haf some sort of anti-rust coating.

Maybe u can consider spending the money on either Paint Protection System or Grooming service. I'll be doing my CSII PPS soon.
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 25th March 2009, 8:37 pm

Fortessimo wrote:
ultrashine wrote:Can i check if anti-rust is a must do after we get our new forte? Anyone of you decided not to go for it because of our climate (No Snow) ? Getting my ride next week so still deciding.... Wink

Anti-rust don't need unless u planning to drive your Forte way past the COE expiry...cos factory default will haf some sort of anti-rust coating.

Maybe u can consider spending the money on either Paint Protection System or Grooming service. I'll be doing my CSII PPS soon.

How much is your CSII PPS quoted for FORTE? Is it done by unique?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 25th March 2009, 9:18 pm

81 Suzuki, 86 Ford Laser, 93 Hyundai Stella, 96 Kia Sephia, 2000 Hyundai Matrix & 2005 Aveo5....all these NEVER SEE ANY RUST. Very Happy

So SAVE YR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. flower

1968 Morris Mini Mk II........Rust everywhere.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 25th March 2009, 10:37 pm

Seems like nobody put the anti-rust on it Crying or Very sad But I did do the anti-rust cos I feel that one way in another it does protect the inner layer.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 25th March 2009, 11:31 pm

greatgazoo wrote:Seems like nobody put the anti-rust on it Crying or Very sad But I did do the anti-rust cos I feel that one way in another it does protect the inner layer.

i've intended to have my car rust-proofed.. coz i always have the tendency of running over the puddles.. Razz in addition, i'll oso do the paint protector.. now kenna a small scratch some where near the bonnet.. hiaz..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 27th March 2009, 10:06 pm

dandeana21 wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:Seems like nobody put the anti-rust on it Crying or Very sad But I did do the anti-rust cos I feel that one way in another it does protect the inner layer.

i've intended to have my car rust-proofed.. coz i always have the tendency of running over the puddles.. Razz in addition, i'll oso do the paint protector.. now kenna a small scratch some where near the bonnet.. hiaz..

PPS doesn't mean scratch free... just for your info.. Running over puddles won't cause your car to rust so fast also...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 27th March 2009, 10:10 pm

hmm.. ok lah.. at least PPS can give a little more protection bah.. coz the carpark at my place here is not multi-storey type and it's full of birds.. Every morning they always like to aim their shits down.. in addition, the cats love to leave their bum prints on top of the car some more.. aiyo.. over here it's like the animal paradise, somehow.. I juz cleaned off some bird shits juz now.. haiz...
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 27th March 2009, 10:14 pm

Lol... your places sure lotsa small animals... Well, if your area is like facing sea... perhap can consider anti-rust... The wind that blown from the sea promote rust faster.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 27th March 2009, 10:17 pm

yah lor.. but me stay in Hougang.. over here, think better call it a mini zoo... and every morning I dun nid my alarm clock.. the birds can give good morning call some more.. haiyo.. bounce
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 5th April 2009, 1:50 am

hougang very near my house also. u at hougang green ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 5th April 2009, 11:26 am

tish wrote:hougang very near my house also. u at hougang green ?

OH! tish, you live there?
My brother also live there..
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 5th April 2009, 11:51 am

i live near there loh, see my avatar location What a Face
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 5th April 2009, 7:57 pm

opp Yio Chu Kang Pri.. Shocked Razz
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th April 2009, 12:54 am

dandeana21 wrote:

opp Yio Chu Kang Pri.. Shocked Razz
Where is Yio Chu Kang Pri lol lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by m 6th April 2009, 2:21 am

if u in shipping line, have to go shipyard daily, deal with things related to sea, coastguard/etc: my best advice is go for it. even if u intend to only own the car for 5 years or less.

my father in law car now the surface is soooooooooooooo rough, like sandpaper. this is after parking his mazda beside office, with full body cover during working hours, for 4 years.
m
m

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 6th April 2009, 10:01 am

m wrote:if u in shipping line, have to go shipyard daily, deal with things related to sea, coastguard/etc: my best advice is go for it. even if u intend to only own the car for 5 years or less.

my father in law car now the surface is soooooooooooooo rough, like sandpaper. this is after parking his mazda beside office, with full body cover during working hours, for 4 years.

If your father is in the shipyard, then it is expected. Grit blasting of ships creates plenty of particles in the air, which will stick to the car surface. Some countries have banned grit blasting, even Vietnam, but not locally.

Yishun/Sembawang residents have been complaining about the grit getting into their home from the blasting ops at the nearby shipyard.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 11:24 am

Anyone can confirm "TUFF COAT" is anti rust? or is it a PPS?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 12:07 pm

Its anti-rust, they also have PPS called system 6....no need to waste money....as what mentioned above, that one is kana sandblast from shipyard...no amount of PPS can save u, have to go back from paint restoration with machine polish....anti-rust definitely not a must in local climate.....save the money for others..
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 12:17 pm

thanks for the info, i took off the tuff coat and got a discount for BK fro SE
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 12:21 pm

tish wrote:thanks for the info, i took off the tuff coat and got a discount for BK fro SE

that's a wise choice! Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 12:25 pm

haha thanks, been finding ways to get the BK free but only managed to get a discount.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 12th May 2009, 2:31 pm

tish wrote:haha thanks, been finding ways to get the BK free but only managed to get a discount.

So Tish, initially how much they charge you for the BK and after discount is how much. Mind you share with us Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 12th May 2009, 2:38 pm

i so far R.P for BK is 2K ..
after dis shld be either u pay 500 or 1K .
diff not much .
paid 500 for mine . so yup yup ..
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down