Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM

+38
zlement
lukester
jimixer
SpicyRed
FriesL
Two_Fingers
bushi_do
forte118
longbow
andikong
pessimizt
joepele
Realm
kapitan
Divine
gravin
chiewjy
Mahinda
Siaoster
Fortec
Leonard
shendoh
muff
izz
fonefun610
ano57
dandeana21
ctoh
dubdew
kysoong
leedevil
Juz@kid
Daniel^Bigcow
nocash
JuanST
luvxiaobeng
keigo
tish
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: 4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM

Post by nocash 12th August 2009, 8:35 am

pessimizt wrote:Hello all, i want to come for the 4th meetup.
May i know what to get to do the air-con insulation ?
Or if anyone can supply and how much is it ?

Thanks in advance.

Try searching this link i believe you get some info here.
Don't miss this simple DIY to get a better drive experience on your Forte - Thx to AndiKong, Newsman for stepping forward.
As for insallation i can give you a hand... cheers
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: 4TH MEET UP 15 AUG 09 Sengkang Park Carpark 3PM

Post by SpicyRed 12th August 2009, 11:19 am

pessimizt wrote:Hello all, i want to come for the 4th meetup.
May i know what to get to do the air-con insulation ?
Or if anyone can supply and how much is it ?

Thanks in advance.

bro, here're the details if u decided to be grp volunteer.
sorry, was away, only manage to login to c how thing get going.

i did mine in the last MU & it works! feel coooool now.
below details r mean for 10 riders, maybe u wld wana just get 1/2 the qty.
i'm sure there will b many riders who haven't DIY their air-con.
cost of materials for each rider abt $4
i'll b there & b glad u give all of u a helping hand

daniel bro, i believe u pay up in the last MU for the material but didn't do it
i'll bring ur material on that day, hope to c u there ETA 1600hrs.

NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)

For 10 riders:
7 pcs 3/4" 2m rubber insulator ($2 per unit),
one can of adhesive glue ($7 per tin),
two rolls of rubber adhesive tape ($7 per roll in box) and if possible a pack of cable ties, thin and black type.
Bring
own pliers for taking out one of the nuts, scissors, cutter knives and
one tiny plastic bottle to contain the adhesive glue.
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 12th August 2009, 12:30 pm

Thanks. Dunno if I wanna do or not. Just afraid my back cant take it. What with my previous slip disc prob. :-(

To all those who are thinking of doing it, please do warmup first. Hahaha!! Seeing the other bros do it, I felt their pain already!! :-)

Should bring some back-rub along to rub after complete the installation. :-)

Ohh as for dry-ice, the person I know no longer working there already. Sorry.

So who going to get the dry-ice? :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 12th August 2009, 12:36 pm

got 2 of my rim scratch during the wkend while parking along the rd, anyone know how to fix it scratch
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th August 2009, 2:18 pm

I think dry-ice can get from those mobile ice-cream uncle......but dont know if they sell or not. I once bought quite a lot of ice-cream from him and he gave me quite a few dry-ice to keep my ice-cream cool.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th August 2009, 2:20 pm

Hello spicyred, thanks for the info on what to get for the insulation.
Am i suppose to get those stated items from the given address:

NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 12th August 2009, 2:30 pm

pessimizt wrote:Hello spicyred, thanks for the info on what to get for the insulation.

NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)

Can buy for me??
Smile

So I can do mine too...
(Wen my car comes.....) thumbsup
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th August 2009, 2:36 pm

Sure my neighbour !
Wana go to the MU together this Saturday ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 12th August 2009, 2:53 pm

SpicyRed wrote:got 2 of my rim scratch during the wkend while parking along the rd, anyone know how to fix it scratch

Well, if its to the circumference/edges of the rims, think can only sand if off. I mean for the standard rims we get. My old ride happened before and just sand it off. But then if your rims is spray painted or chrome then cant lor. :-)

Think thats the only way. But then maybe other bros here have other suggestions. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th August 2009, 3:08 pm

http://www.dryice.sg/contactus.htm

Its at Depot Road near CMPB.

Just called them up to check.
Can walk-in to buy small quantity (minimum 1kg).
1 block @ $2/kg
Small cubes @ $2.30/kg

Saturday opening hours: 0800 to 1200 hours
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 12th August 2009, 5:05 pm

pessimizt wrote:Hello spicyred, thanks for the info on what to get for the insulation.

NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)

bro, the address given is where i got all my materials to do air-con DIY.
this lobang was given to me by andi bro thumbsup
2m rubber insulator ($2 per unit) is more than enough for one ride.
i still ve some adhesive glue left from the previous DIY that i can spare but i might drop by aft 1600hrs
u might wana find some more ppl to share the adhesive glue & rubber adhesive tape

why don't u open a new thread for air-con DIY like i did, u b surprise how many ppl wana to do it.
grin
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 12th August 2009, 5:09 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:got 2 of my rim scratch during the wkend while parking along the rd, anyone know how to fix it scratch

Well, if its to the circumference/edges of the rims, think can only sand if off. I mean for the standard rims we get. My old ride happened before and just sand it off. But then if your rims is spray painted or chrome then cant lor. :-)

Think thats the only way. But then maybe other bros here have other suggestions. :-)

thks for ur advise bro
my 17" rim i believe is chrome
just ve to live w it... Sad
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 12th August 2009, 5:10 pm

SpicyRed wrote:
Daniel^Bigcow wrote:

thks for ur advise bro

sand it down with sand paper to make it a smooth surface, paste a colored lining along the rims thumbsup
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 12th August 2009, 5:16 pm

Siaoster wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:
Daniel^Bigcow wrote:

thks for ur advise bro

send it down to make it a smooth surface, paste a colored lining along the rims thumbsup

bro, how much do u think the damage will b?
or ve anyone done it b4?
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th August 2009, 6:26 pm

Thanks spicyred !
So far have cnc said anything about the air-con insulator when you do servicing (1k or 5k) ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 12th August 2009, 7:39 pm

pessimizt bro can buy for me too? tongue
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th August 2009, 8:18 pm

pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 12th August 2009, 8:46 pm

pessimizt wrote:Sure my neighbour !

Sounds good bro..
I'll ride there.

Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 12th August 2009, 8:49 pm

NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)

Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, this insuflex can also be used for the car's floor for SP road noise.

Used to have the pink one in my previous car.

Reduces the mid - mid low freq road noise...

Niot sure if anyone game to remove their seats and install this or not.
Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 13th August 2009, 12:02 am

sorry arh..why must diy the aircon?
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 13th August 2009, 8:39 am

To make it cooler without switching to higher fan thus saving energy. thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 13th August 2009, 8:45 am

joepele wrote:
pessimizt wrote:Sure my neighbour !

Sounds good bro..
I'll ride there.

Smile

ok see you !
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 13th August 2009, 12:40 pm

Saw in past MUs that there are useful DIY workshops...
Feel that these are especially beneficial for new owners (like myself)...

Shall we continue with the good practise so that every Forte owner can take home some good learnings/sharings after every MU?

Some suggestions of the DIY activities we can have:
1. Air-con pipe insulation (perennial fav for new owners! )
2. Car Waxing (Swee! thumbsup But need Shifus to impart skill...)
3. Car Wash (Think will be fun to do a mass car wash together! Can oso share cleaning stuffs that are seldom use...)
4. [Feel free to add-on pls...]
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 14th August 2009, 9:40 pm

So this meet up place is a Park?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 14th August 2009, 10:17 pm

Jus wan to confirm..from the description it says sengkang park carpark...bt if from the map e park izzit sengkang rivervale park?jus beside TPE de?and so wheres the carpark of the park?sorry ah..1st time in sengkang...sua ku..haha

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 14th August 2009, 10:31 pm

i suspect I have to stalk or tailgate suspectious Forte..
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 14th August 2009, 10:49 pm

leedevil wrote:Jus wan to confirm..from the description it says sengkang park carpark...bt if from the map e park izzit sengkang rivervale park?jus beside TPE de?and so wheres the carpark of the park?sorry ah..1st time in sengkang...sua ku..haha

the car park for the park is within the park and the park lots is within the car park and
you park your car in the park lots.... Laughing
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 14th August 2009, 11:00 pm

leedevil wrote:Jus wan to confirm..from the description it says sengkang park carpark...bt if from the map e park izzit sengkang rivervale park?jus beside TPE de?and so wheres the carpark of the park?sorry ah..1st time in sengkang...sua ku..haha

must remember that you need to turn left into the park's carpark early (the entrance is before you see the carpark itself) when you see the entrance to a big high roof white open structure.....if you passed that entrance you will still be able to see the carpark on yr left but then it is too late and you'll need to make a big U-turn..... Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 14th August 2009, 11:03 pm

is e carpark entrance along Anchorvale St?
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 14th August 2009, 11:56 pm

no....it is at fernvale St (same stretch of road but b4 Anchorvale)...
http://www.streetdb.com/singapore-street-directory-ADDRESS-p-SENGKANG-RIVERWALK-PARK.htm
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 15th August 2009, 12:01 am

Roger that...Thx alot guys for the info...see u there tom...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 15th August 2009, 1:32 am

Wonder how will the turnout be "today"...hopefully better than the last one..haha...see u guys soon!

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 15th August 2009, 5:34 am

last MU very bad meh ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 15th August 2009, 7:25 am

last MU actually not dat bad.... its e weather dat screw up e whole MU... bcoz of e rain dat e group got split up n some hv to leave early... still e attendance rate is quite good n thks to e rain dat a Race Queen was born.... angel
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 15th August 2009, 8:27 am

rain rain go away.......
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 15th August 2009, 11:41 am

Its drizzling here in Botak Batok No . Still, going down to wash car soon... What a Face
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 15th August 2009, 11:47 am

its raining in Yishun
will have clear sky at 3pm!!

think weather should be fine
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 15th August 2009, 12:16 pm

Hi all, so sry may not be able to make it for this meetup.
For those who are interested in the rims brouchers can either collect from me or pm me for the softcopy.

Have a great weekend, cheers!!!

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/advertisers-f16/car-mind-the-one-stop-info-for-all-your-car-needs-t580.htm#46049

Wink
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 15th August 2009, 1:30 pm

It's bright and shine here now. See you all later Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 15th August 2009, 1:41 pm

Just came back OCC (yishun). Was raining earlier in the morning and drizzling when i left. Hope it will be cooling in the noon bah. thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 15th August 2009, 2:44 pm

wah damn the sky is very dark
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 15th August 2009, 2:49 pm

Yishun looks ok ley
bro longbow where u at?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 15th August 2009, 3:42 pm

greatgazoo wrote:It's bright and shine here now. See you all later Very Happy

Bro ur sticker u want me to bring bo ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 15th August 2009, 3:45 pm

Siaoster wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:It's bright and shine here now. See you all later Very Happy

Bro ur sticker u want me to bring bo ?

yes
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 15th August 2009, 3:45 pm

sunny in Sengkang now... sunny
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by bushi_do 15th August 2009, 8:01 pm

the meet up was great guys...we look damn cool driving behind each other...somethin like tokyo drift. except this is sg...so it should be sg drift =)
bushi_do
bushi_do

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 15th August 2009, 10:05 pm

Where are the pictures?????
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 15th August 2009, 10:26 pm

Nice to meet everyone, although didnt really went around saying to everyone. Crying or Very sad

Its a nice meetup. thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 15th August 2009, 10:47 pm

lucky this time meetup i didnt have to wear raincoat ! made it to the MSCP juz in time before the downpour Twisted Evil
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 15th August 2009, 10:56 pm

Alamak... i forgot all the guys names i first met today...
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next