Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here

+26
FriesL
PillowER
tish
tower7
kysoong
pauchai
impact2001
melburn
joepele
Jason
miko komi
ultraxin
greatgazoo
kei66
mwerkz
Mahinda
antzng
myforte
andikong
Daniel^Bigcow
Juz@kid
Leonard
leedevil
ctoh
keigo
SpicyRed
30 posters

:: General :: Meet Ups

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here

Post by SpicyRed 6th July 2009, 1:21 pm

antzng wrote:Thq to Bro SpicyRed for all the helps.........

hey bro, np. i must said, it was a great MU except for the rain mad
did u manage to complete ur piping?
for me, it was a rush job due to the rain.
i might miss out some part, cos, even after yday DIY, i still don't feel the coldness No

like what andi bro said, some of the piping that i secure might come loose due to the rain.
reach hm quite late last nite, didn't chk whether piping loose or not.
will chk after work, i might wana redo again this sun, any bros wana join me bounce bounce bounce

materials with me:
1m rubber insulator(abt 5pcs)
one + 1/2 can of adhesive glue

any bros still holding to the rubber adhesive tape & cable ties?
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 6th July 2009, 1:39 pm

SpicyRed wrote:

i might miss out some part, cos, even after yday DIY, i still don't feel the coldness No

like what andi bro said, some of the piping that i secure might come loose due to the rain.
will chk after work, i might wana redo again this sun, any bros wana join me bounce bounce bounce

materials with me:

Hey bro, any chance you can teach me how to do it?? And this sunday meeting where if you all meeting??
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 6th July 2009, 1:52 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:

materials with me:

Hey bro, any chance you can teach me how to do it?? And this sunday meeting where if you all meeting??

teach u, np alien alien
my master andi sifu have part some of his DIY to me....right andi bro bow bow bow
hey, u suppose to pickup the material from me right, was u there scratch
maybe u r there, but too much distraction(my children, bros/sis, so many fortes & damn rain mad )

as for where to DIY, i prefer sun/east
i think there r a few easter bros did get to DIY yday
maybe i will start another thread
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 6th July 2009, 2:30 pm

SpicyRed wrote:
Daniel^Bigcow wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:

materials with me:

teach u, np alien alien
my master andi sifu have part some of his DIY to me....right andi bro bow bow bow
maybe u r there, but too much distraction(my children, bros/sis, so many fortes & damn rain mad )

I was late. But I did make it a point to try to get there. But by time I got there, everyone left already!! :-(

I dun mind east side either although from the west. But must let me know earlier. Hahahaha!! Cos I not as familiar with the roads there. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 6th July 2009, 2:31 pm

SpicyRed wrote:
Daniel^Bigcow wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:

materials with me:

teach u, np alien alien

Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by antzng 6th July 2009, 2:39 pm

Hi Bro Spicy Red,

I have completed mine, but i have yet to check on the result whether did all binds togather.

I did not have the things, i thinks it is with one of the guys near to you.

Thank you.
antzng
antzng

Back to top Go down

Post by myforte 6th July 2009, 4:35 pm

SpicyRed wrote:

materials with me:

Hey, good idea. I still left a little bit to complete everyday.
East is great ...let us know the exact location and time

myforte

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 6th July 2009, 5:31 pm

When i finish mine i remb passing the adhesive to Leonard's father..as for the cable ties i really dunno who is holding it le...jus nw went to check ming...some part also start to come loose liao..tink next meetup or wat have to redo some of it..haha...anyway thx spicyred for buying the stuff...thx alot

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 6th July 2009, 5:59 pm

leedevil wrote:When i finish mine i remb passing the adhesive to Leonard's father..as for the cable ties i really dunno who is holding it le...jus nw went to check ming...some part also start to come loose liao..tink next meetup or wat have to redo some of it..haha...anyway thx spicyred for buying the stuff...thx alot

it's ok bro, i'm arranging other MU DIY, link:
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/meet-ups-f15/12jul-air-con-unfinish-redo-new-diyprefer-east-area-t732.htm

if by this fri, the adhesive tape doesn't turn up, the most i'll go & buy another...small matter alien
more important it's great meeting up with the rest of u guys... thumbsup
but didn't get to know many of u as one part busy with DIY, another part worry abt the damn rain... Mad
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 6th July 2009, 6:16 pm

tish wrote:
andikong wrote:
tish wrote:i didnt get a chance to pick up my tubes lol

Tish, the rubber insulator is still with me, I can pass it to you any time.
ok uncle andi. is it cut up ones?

Yes its already cut to fit sizes.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 6th July 2009, 6:24 pm

SpicyRed wrote:
leedevil wrote:When i finish mine i remb passing the adhesive to Leonard's father..as for the cable ties i really dunno who is holding it le...jus nw went to check ming...some part also start to come loose liao..tink next meetup or wat have to redo some of it..haha...anyway thx spicyred for buying the stuff...thx alot

it's ok bro, i'm arranging other MU DIY, link:
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/meet-ups-f15/12jul-air-con-unfinish-redo-new-diyprefer-east-area-t732.htm

if by this fri, the adhesive tape doesn't turn up, the most i'll go & buy another...small matter alien
more important it's great meeting up with the rest of u guys... thumbsup
but didn't get to know many of u as one part busy with DIY, another part worry abt the damn rain... Mad

Bro SpicyRed, if you happen to go down NE air-con to purchase the adhesive tape, ask the sale people for another type of black adhesive tape without the soft rubber backing but a thinner version, more adhesive power and also cost $7 only.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th July 2009, 6:58 pm

andikong wrote:
tish wrote:
andikong wrote:

uncle andi, think my 2 liter buay gam the ones u cut up ones right? Since spicy red holding another mu for diy, i might join him
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 6th July 2009, 10:21 pm

ctoh wrote:Anyone have yet to complete (or started) the wrapping of the air-con pipes?

I didn't start bec I was late (followed the convoy fr Sengkang to W.Coast) and the RAIN

Anyone want to continue the DIY next weekend? preferable at a car park in the east

I couldn't wait liao. Took leave today and did it at my carpark. Basically quite happy with the job, except for the parts that are bulky or have clips holding the pipes. I "plastered" these areas massively and used up almost the entire 2m insulator. After driving the whole afternoon, I found that the some "stickers" came loose. I strongly suggest to use the black plastic cables to secure your "masterpiece". I bought a pack and you guys are welcome to use them.
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 6th July 2009, 10:39 pm

ctoh wrote:
ctoh wrote:Anyone have yet to complete (or started) the wrapping of the air-con pipes?

I didn't start bec I was late (followed the convoy fr Sengkang to W.Coast) and the RAIN

Anyone want to continue the DIY next weekend? preferable at a car park in the east

I couldn't wait liao. Took leave today and did it at my carpark. Basically quite happy with the job, except for the parts that are bulky or have clips holding the pipes. I "plastered" these areas massively and used up almost the entire 2m insulator. After driving the whole afternoon, I found that the some "stickers" came loose. I strongly suggest to use the black plastic cables to secure your "masterpiece". I bought a pack and you guys are welcome to use them.

Forgot to mention: the ride IS cooler after the DIY. OK for me with air con set at 24 to 25 degrees and 1 fan speed (in the day)
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 6th July 2009, 11:24 pm

can take a photo of ur DIY?
anyone can link me to photo of end result of the DIY? i try to find in the forum but in vain
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 6th July 2009, 11:32 pm

Here's the pic of the Air-con pipe after the insulations.
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 FinalPic1
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 6th July 2009, 11:34 pm

ctoh wrote:
ctoh wrote:

Forgot to mention: the ride IS cooler after the DIY. OK for me with air con set at 24 to 25 degrees and 1 fan speed (in the day)
Glad to know that after the DIY you enjoy a cooler ride... nice ah... Very Happy

Forget to mention, if the adhesive tapes come loose its because you did not tape hard on the rubber insulator
You can apply the glue adhesive to the end of the tape to secure it.

Last edited by andikong on 6th July 2009, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 6th July 2009, 11:38 pm

hmm, i realised there's condensation and water droplets from the aircon pipe. Will it affect the DIY insulation if we cover fully? Paiseh, a bit ignorant on such matters... Suspect
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 6th July 2009, 11:43 pm

kysoong wrote:hmm, i realised there's condensation and water droplets from the aircon pipe. Will it affect the DIY insulation if we cover fully? Paiseh, a bit ignorant on such matters... Suspect

You have to clean and dry the piping prior to the insulation.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 7th July 2009, 12:56 am

ok, i guess the insulation should cover the pipe fully and firmly to prevent any spot of condensation... Smile
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 7th July 2009, 1:25 am

tish wrote:
andikong wrote:
tish wrote:
andikong wrote:

uncle andi, think my 2 liter buay gam the ones u cut up ones right? Since spicy red holding another mu for diy, i might join him
The beginning half and the ending half is the same except the center portion is different by a marginal length only. You can exchange with other bros for the uncut length with yours. Don't waste!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by yummyking77 7th July 2009, 2:47 am

Hi Andi,

nice to see you in person this evening.
i missed the West Coast MU.
any idea when is the DIY session organised by Spicyred?

yummyking77

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 7th July 2009, 3:09 am

yummyking77 wrote:Hi Andi,

nice to see you in person this evening.
i missed the West Coast MU.
any idea when is the DIY session organised by Spicyred?

Same to you bro yunnyking77, I would suggest to do it this week end, either Sun or Sat. Anywhere will be fine for me.
And don't wait too long, especially those with half completed mod.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 7th July 2009, 7:55 am

just out of curiousity... are there any local shops that does insulation for cars? and how much they charge?
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 7th July 2009, 10:02 am

I thought I saw some tape type of insulation material...

Not sure if that would be easier to apply / install?

Something like this?

Armaflex

3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Armaflextape
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 7th July 2009, 11:11 am

think its too thin?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 7th July 2009, 11:49 am

joepele wrote:I thought I saw some tape type of insulation material...

Not sure if that would be easier to apply / install?

Something like this?

Armaflex

3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 Armaflextape

This is the tape for covering the rubber insulator tube and tighten it, and not for the insulation. Have a look at my pic
posted in this thread. Boo don't take the easy way out, its an hour job.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 7th July 2009, 4:04 pm

andikong wrote:Here's the pic of the Air-con pipe after the insulations.
3rd meetup Purchase and DIY air-con ...pls sign up here - Page 3 FinalPic1

Andi: Your craftsmanship is so good and the layout so neat. I plastered all the exposed areas, no wondered I used up all almost all the 2m insulator. In conclusion: my kung-fu no enough
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 7th July 2009, 7:03 pm

what the adhersive call ar?
Maybe i go get then do it at my own sweet time...
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 8th July 2009, 9:39 pm

andi, how u cover the place where there is a holder?
u remove it ? or u cover over it?
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 9th July 2009, 1:28 pm

turbo4ev wrote:andi, how u cover the place where there is a holder?
u remove it ? or u cover over it?
First use a pliers to take out the small black nut (size 10) then remove the cover and start the insulation from here.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3