Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy

+25
lukester
tish
evibot
eraser
Leonard
nofears
dandeana21
Divine
andikong
lawrenceke
Fortec
ForKia
sktan10
newsman
lordhawk
impact2001
greatgazoo
Redbean
26JMC
Cypher
nothing
Pegasus
keigo
ahben
whyeme
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty Re: Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy

Post by lordhawk 30th May 2009, 12:28 am

Yah, what physics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, now macham chemistry also throw in.
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy - Page 2 Empty Re: Concerns on aircon piping insulation diy

Post by tish 30th May 2009, 12:14 pm

looks like i'll benefit alot since i'm getting my car quite late hehe
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 30th May 2009, 7:08 pm

Haha.. I see this thread so amused... lots of questions... Well if some dun like cable tie or glue.. Follow my company inhouse contractor style.. USE VELCRO (some more same color)... SURE SWEE and NICE..

FEON is the heat transfer agent but in terms of more physics and thermodynamics, we know the cooling rate is very dependent on one of the factors, FLOW RATE.. The slower the flow rate, the less cool u will be getting.. Smile

To insulate or not to, really voice down to individuals preferences. Whether got problem or not, that will be too early to tell.. But anyway this is meant to be DIY knowledge for everyone.. Cheers.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 11th June 2009, 2:47 pm

I am interested to insulate my a/c pipe when i get my ride next week. Anyone care post a pic of how their insulation looks like, and perhaps can share exactly which is the pipe to insulate?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 11th June 2009, 2:53 pm

zzz, can someone write a 4-page report to summarise findings and propose appropriate recommendations? lol!
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 11th June 2009, 4:25 pm

I have removed mine abt 2 wks ago bcos done the lazy way only with cable ties but couldn't spare time to redo..but air con was cold enough even on very hot afternoon maybe bcos I set at 23deg at 1 bar.... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 11th June 2009, 4:32 pm

I presume that actually if a/c no nid on so high, it will save abit on fuel consumption too. That is based on my experience on my old rides. and since everyone's before and after testimonial, seems like it worth it. 1 bar 23 deg is cold in Sg weather should be very cool in the car.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 11th June 2009, 10:47 pm

My verdict of my forte

1 bar 23 is cool
1 bar 24 sometime cool sometime hot
1 bar 25 confirm warm!
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th June 2009, 10:53 pm

lukester wrote:I presume that actually if a/c no nid on so high, it will save abit on fuel consumption too. That is based on my experience on my old rides. and since everyone's before and after testimonial, seems like it worth it. 1 bar 23 deg is cold in Sg weather should be very cool in the car.

Actually not true.. my uncle deal with air-con for 15 yrs.. and he actually told me to set my home air-con not higher then 24 deg cause if anything higher you are wasting more elect cause your compressor will be going on-off more often compare to you setting the temp at 23 deg.

Last edited by keigo on 11th June 2009, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th June 2009, 11:13 pm

If that's case how come there has TV ads and home advertising saying 25 degree is the best temperature to save energy???
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th June 2009, 11:14 pm

greatgazoo wrote:If that's case how come there has TV ads and home advertising saying 25 degree is the best temperature to save energy???

I don't know... but you believe TV or you believe someone whom run his air-con business for 15 yrs???
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 11th June 2009, 11:19 pm

I believe in mother nature... In the past where got so hot one?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th June 2009, 11:21 pm

impact2001 wrote:I believe in mother nature... In the past where got so hot one?

In the past we still in ice age la.... lol!

Nowaday so hot how to not have fan or aircon...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 11th June 2009, 11:24 pm

When I first got my car, I need to set it to 24degrees for it to feel comfortably cool. After the insulation, 26degrees get me the same feeling. Only during extremely hot afternoon when I initially start the car, I'll set it to 25degrees until it is comfortable, then put it back to 26degrees.

The only harm you do to the aircon from setting it at 25-26degrees is that the relay will spoil faster from constantly switching on/off. I killed one in my Vios after 3yrs. But it's only 20bucks, and you can change it yourself..it's located in the fusebox. The amount of petrol I save from a low setting is far more than 20bucks per year.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 12th June 2009, 12:37 am

keigo wrote:
lukester wrote:I presume that actually if a/c no nid on so high, it will save abit on fuel consumption too. That is based on my experience on my old rides. and since everyone's before and after testimonial, seems like it worth it. 1 bar 23 deg is cold in Sg weather should be very cool in the car.

Actually not true.. my uncle deal with air-con for 15 yrs.. and he actually told me to set my home air-con not higher then 24 deg cause if anything higher you are wasting more elect cause your compressor will be going on-off more often compare to you setting the temp at 23 deg.

Ermm no offence, but from what i understand is that aircon at home and car quite different.

To cut my explaination short, the aircon is belt driven by the engine. therefore when you need more cool air from the a/c, then more power is needed from the engine to make the a/c work harder. Wonder if you have seen mechanics pump in the fluid for your a/c? they actually rev my old ride (in this case i really mean very old) abit so that the fluid will go into the aircon fluid reserve (not sure is it the correct term to use), definitely there is some correlation.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 12th June 2009, 1:10 am

tiny wrote:When I first got my car, I need to set it to 24degrees for it to feel comfortably cool. After the insulation, 26degrees get me the same feeling. Only during extremely hot afternoon when I initially start the car, I'll set it to 25degrees until it is comfortable, then put it back to 26degrees.

The only harm you do to the aircon from setting it at 25-26degrees is that the relay will spoil faster from constantly switching on/off. I killed one in my Vios after 3yrs. But it's only 20bucks, and you can change it yourself..it's located in the fusebox. The amount of petrol I save from a low setting is far more than 20bucks per year.

You are right bro Tiny, with today hot weather, outside temp as high as 34 degree, I do set my car temp at 24 to 23.5 degree day & night. Never below 23 degree for sure, very comfortable level and at the same time save fuel enegry.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th June 2009, 1:28 am

My car air con is always at 26 degree, fan 1. I find it cool enough. Maybe seldom park in the sun?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 12th June 2009, 2:00 am

Fortec wrote:My car air con is always at 26 degree, fan 1. I find it cool enough. Maybe seldom park in the sun?

Wow! you're doing your part to save the earth – global warming.
Talking about global warming, my previous ride Toyota Collora - the air-con unit last almost close to seven years without topping up the gas and still very cold at 24 degree setting. No coil cleaning and never have the filter changed.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 12th June 2009, 2:26 pm

andikong wrote:
Fortec wrote:My car air con is always at 26 degree, fan 1. I find it cool enough. Maybe seldom park in the sun?

Wow! you're doing your part to save the earth – global warming.
Talking about global warming, my previous ride Toyota Collora - the air-con unit last almost close to seven years without topping up the gas and still very cold at 24 degree setting. No coil cleaning and never have the filter changed.

previous generations corolla good car.

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 5:09 pm

26deg may not be good, the aircon will constantly on heater and cooler to maintain that temp.....very taxing...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 12th June 2009, 6:48 pm

nothing wrote:26deg may not be good, the aircon will constantly on heater and cooler to maintain that temp.....very taxing...

I also agree and think so.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th June 2009, 7:30 pm

i didnt know they heat the gas too
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 7:57 pm

There is heater function in our aircon system....if not driving in Korea during winter will be affraid
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th June 2009, 8:10 pm

nothing wrote:26deg may not be good, the aircon will constantly on heater and cooler to maintain that temp.....very taxing...

Noted.

Out of curiosity, just what difference does it makes if I switch to 23 or 18? The heater will never be on? 26 is also quite below the outside temperature which is usually >30 these days.

Always thought climate control sys has a controller that will combine the cold air from the air con and hot air from the heater to provide the desired temp.

Enlighten me.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 12th June 2009, 8:28 pm

Fortec wrote:

Noted.

Out of curiosity, just what difference does it makes if I switch to 23 or 18? The heater will never be on? 26 is also quite below the outside temperature which is usually >30 these days.

Always thought climate control sys has a controller that will combine the cold air from the air con and hot air from the heater to provide the desired temp.

Enlighten me.

Not 30 bro Fortec, today at 2.30pm while driving out of a shaded car park towards PIE , I have a outside reading from the car unit recorded at 37 degree. The highest so far.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th June 2009, 8:31 pm

andikong wrote:
Fortec wrote:

Noted.

Enlighten me.

Not 30 bro Fortec, today at 2.30pm while driving out of a shaded car park towards PIE , I have a outside reading from the car unit recorded at 37 degree. The highest so far.

37 is >30 is still correct mah...^^
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th June 2009, 10:06 pm

hmmm, they didnt remove the heater function when its mean for SG?

i tot like some cars, the heater not working when i shift away from cold to hot?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th June 2009, 10:08 pm

Don't thing OEM will remove, those that done it was doing a bypass by local wkshop....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12th June 2009, 10:11 pm

andikong wrote:Not 30 bro Fortec, today at 2.30pm while driving out of a shaded car park towards PIE , I have a outside reading from the car unit recorded at 37 degree. The highest so far.

Only 38? After parking under the hot sun for the whole day, my outside reading says 38. Shocked

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 12th June 2009, 10:24 pm

tiny wrote:
andikong wrote:Not 30 bro Fortec, today at 2.30pm while driving out of a shaded car park towards PIE , I have a outside reading from the car unit recorded at 37 degree. The highest so far.

Only 38? After parking under the hot sun for the whole day, my outside reading says 38. Shocked

Outside 37-38
Inside muz be above 50
The AirCon work hard n fast to cool the interior.........this muz b the best point abt the Forte.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Merduka 19th July 2009, 2:09 am

Hi bros,

Anyone can sent me the DIY for this please?

Thanks

Merduka

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 19th July 2009, 4:17 am

Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2