Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi.

+10
ong
muff
Kiang
pessimizt
darksoul
liplip
JuanST
eeyore79
mighty meow
kenneth
14 posters

Go down

Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi.

Post by kenneth 17th March 2010, 10:14 am

Anyone one of you have this kind of problem? when i cold start my engine. it sound like a taxi. the sound is very rough and also have some metal knocking.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty Re: Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi.

Post by mighty meow 17th March 2010, 10:15 am

wah.. sounds like a taxi? so serious?? u keep ramping ur ride itzz??
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Empty Re: Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi.

Post by eeyore79 17th March 2010, 10:19 am

got same problem. 9 month old... but after u start engine for 2-3 min u can hear the sound go down. if not quite a bit of smoke coming out from the exhust for about 1km.
eeyore79
eeyore79

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th March 2010, 10:29 am

wah sound so serious.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 17th March 2010, 1:58 pm

eeyore79 wrote:got same problem. 9 month old... but after u start engine for 2-3 min u can hear the sound go down. if not quite a bit of smoke coming out from the exhust for about 1km.

yah same problem. My is 8 months old haha...I don't ramp my engine often. usually the max i ramp until 2.5K during move off from stationary other than that seldom more than 2.5K. Petrol pumped range from ron 95 to v-power.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 17th March 2010, 8:12 pm

mileage?

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 17th March 2010, 11:35 pm

liplip wrote:mileage?

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by darksoul 17th March 2010, 11:39 pm

i also have the same problem my also abt 8month ba but after the engine is hot meaning after move off the sound will be gone so for me not a problem any more since i cant cure it C n C cant do anything i jus got to live with it lol enjoy my ride haha

darksoul

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 18th March 2010, 9:15 am

ok..now got 3 of us have this kind of problem. 3 car around the same age. 8-9 months. hhhmm....anymore?

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 18th March 2010, 9:22 am

My EX (A) does sound loud during cold starts in the morning (thought its normal ?). The RPM goes to about 1.8k and will slowly come down.
But like what eeyore79 mentioned, i waited for 40sec to a min or so and the RPM will go down (to about 1k rpm) and the engine will not be so noisy before i move off.

As for smoke, i didnt really realised it. Could it be too much engine oil ? Or dirty engine oil ?

My mileage is 14k+
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore79 18th March 2010, 9:43 am

the smoke due to engine not warm up cos i go out at 6+ am when car behind shine on my back then can see after warm its ok but noise compare to WRX is nothing, my mileage 17k 9 month.
eeyore79
eeyore79

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th March 2010, 10:05 am

pessimizt wrote:My EX (A) does sound loud during cold starts in the morning (thought its normal ?). The RPM goes to about 1.8k and will slowly come down.
But like what eeyore79 mentioned, i waited for 40sec to a min or so and the RPM will go down (to about 1k rpm) and the engine will not be so noisy before i move off.

As for smoke, i didnt really realised it. Could it be too much engine oil ? Or dirty engine oil ?

My mileage is 14k+

same as u bro ...

mileage 20k+
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 18th March 2010, 10:12 am

Kiang wrote:
pessimizt wrote:My EX (A) does sound loud during cold starts in the morning (thought its normal ?). The RPM goes to about 1.8k and will slowly come down.

My mileage is 14k+

same as u bro ...

mileage 20k+

Bro kiang, yours got smoke ?

I dont remember seeing any though but will try to take note of it when i go to work in the mornings. Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. Icon_cry
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th March 2010, 10:25 am

it is normal for the RPM to be high after you have just started the engine due to the extra fuel injected into yr engine (most modern engine has this feature). This is to assist the engine to start-up. If you insert yr key and turn it to the end in the early morning, you'll be able to hear the sound of a short burst of moving fluid .....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 18th March 2010, 9:03 pm

maybe your oil died early? My father stretched his engine oil for 15km and he said that after changing the engine note is smoother. There are some people who lambast Shell for making an oil that turns bad very fast... maybe it is true...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th March 2010, 8:00 am

Well, i assume it should be normal for the engine to be louder during cold-start.
But if the engine noise still persist after driving for about 10-15mins, maybe its time to visit CNC and let them hear it.
Cheers.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 19th March 2010, 11:58 am

mine only 6 month only 6900km only milaage
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 19th March 2010, 2:05 pm

think so forte engine stroke is kind of long.. cos during idle, it vibrates quite badly... i feedback this before.. and surprise... after 10k service.. its gone.. and for reference, i topped my forte to 180... and now well...
only time i worry about the engine is when i attempt g.brinchiang of cameron.. caused some bad smell from engine. HTH

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 19th March 2010, 2:11 pm

bro its most likely to be the engine oil... i did have this problem before when using shell syn.. but after i change to thi FK messimo there is no should sound anymore and engine is very smooth and quite =) best part 3 HP more lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 19th March 2010, 2:24 pm

divine... next time when we go c&c change oil cacn we use out own oil bo?? they allow??
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 19th March 2010, 3:19 pm

mighty meow wrote:divine... next time when we go c&c change oil cacn we use out own oil bo?? they allow??

yes they do but they charge u $28 and void ur engine warrenty i tired thats wat they say
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 19th March 2010, 3:37 pm

kenneth wrote:Anyone one of you have this kind of problem? when i cold start my engine. it sound like a taxi. the sound is very rough and also have some metal knocking.

You are talking about starting ur engine 1st thing in the morning right?

Cold start... Idling high.. Engine Oil already settle down to the sump and thus very little E.O is left @ the upper part of the engine. The E.O will need time to travel the whole engine and lubricate the parts.
Thus starting will be rough... after +/- 3 mins. U will see that the idling significantly slow down and vibrations will be less.

Its something that most of the newbies should know about petrol engine. Similarly applied to Diesel engine as well.

It is best advised to warm up at least 5 mins (after the engine has been switched off for more then 8hours) b4 you move off.

IF WEIRD SOUND PERSISTED OR WORST BEcomes louder.. You should go back to your garage to get it checked ASAP ^_^
Sian My SX 1.6 AT engine sound like a taxi. 332362
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 19th March 2010, 3:55 pm

call ano he will check for u lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by r11s 20th March 2010, 8:24 pm

The smoke in the morn jus after drive off is not engine oil. It's vapour. If engine oil it will be continously til u off ur engine. N black smoke is better than bluish smoke.

r11s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down