Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Fuel Efficiency and bodykit

+5
NiVleK
JuanST
alpineccm
Spiritseye
air51
9 posters

Go down

Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty Fuel Efficiency and bodykit

Post by air51 15th March 2010, 5:31 pm

Hello everyone here

May i know if anyone of you out here ever thought of what is the impact of the BK over FC?

Would the extra weight increase FC?

Any comment anybody?

air51

Back to top Go down

Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Empty Re: Fuel Efficiency and bodykit

Post by Spiritseye 15th March 2010, 7:19 pm

more or less affect abit only...Increase by a small amount but not significant at all Smile
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 15th March 2010, 7:26 pm

No effect. In fact I think my car's fuel efficiency has improves after the bodykit was fitted but that could be due to circumstances as well Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Icon_wink
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 16th March 2010, 7:55 am

not much difference.....as in negligible.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 16th March 2010, 7:57 am

My FC 9 only...pathetic. LOL
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 16th March 2010, 8:01 am

NiVleK wrote:My FC 9 only...pathetic. LOL

last sat, i got 6.7.... from loyang to bukit panjang...hehehehe.... now it is back to 8.8..... Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Icon_sad
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16th March 2010, 8:18 am

with BK my car is doing 14.5km per L or 6.9L/100km consistantly =) then of cos there are other mods to save fuel too =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by air51 16th March 2010, 8:42 am

my feel is that the BK increase drag in many areas.
For instance the spolier at the boot and the front bumper which is lowered.

I believe naturally it will affect the FC.

But anyway thanks for all who responsed.

Enjoy your Forte!!

air51

Back to top Go down

Post by purefish 16th March 2010, 11:16 am

Divine wrote:with BK my car is doing 14.5km per L or 6.9L/100km consistantly =) then of cos there are other mods to save fuel too =)

Bro, how u did it? Was 7 - 8L/100km from west to tampines but slowly goes back to 9L/100km after the 100km mark from pumpping full tank and reset all meters.

Make me happy for a while only, but then FC usually 11-12km after Amt of Petrol Pumped/Amt of Distance Travelled. Install Pivot VS with grounding & K&N filter. Any other MODs for SX model? Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Icon_biggrin
purefish
purefish

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 16th March 2010, 11:53 am

purefish wrote:
Divine wrote:with BK my car is doing 14.5km per L or 6.9L/100km consistantly =) then of cos there are other mods to save fuel too =)

Bro, how u did it? Was 7 - 8L/100km from west to tampines but slowly goes back to 9L/100km after the 100km mark from pumpping full tank and reset all meters.

Make me happy for a while only, but then FC usually 11-12km after Amt of Petrol Pumped/Amt of Distance Travelled. Install Pivot VS with grounding & K&N filter. Any other MODs for SX model? Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Icon_biggrin

he traverses singapore everday... almost 100% hiway driving..... Fuel Efficiency and bodykit Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Godson 16th March 2010, 12:56 pm

Hi Divine,

did u replaced your air filter? Does installation of air filter increase or decrease the FC?

Godson
Godson

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 16th March 2010, 1:25 pm

so bad for the 1.6L??? even my 2L I'm getting avg around 9~10
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16th March 2010, 1:37 pm

Godson wrote:Hi Divine,

did u replaced your air filter? Does installation of air filter increase or decrease the FC?

yes bro air filter does plays a part in increasing/reducing FC currently using hurricane.. before this mod i was doing abt 13.5 km ave. per l or 7.4 L/100km thats addition 1 km every L 1 tank i save abt 50km liao this may not seems alot but in long run.. save quite abit..

ok i have brisk silver, hurricane and fk messimo engine oil in my ride. before all these i was only doing 12 plus km per L of fuel.

JuanST : i dun work changi anymore hehe now i work paya lebar and still getting the 14/L recently after the engine oil change i am hitting 700km before the empty light lights up =) i can take pic to proof if u all want hehe and the mod i do is installed 1 by not all all 3 together as i want to test the efficency.. the one that make the most difference is the air filter. followed by the silver plugs then the fk messimo engine oil..<--- on dyno the engine oil on a china car gain 3 hp extra =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by purefish 16th March 2010, 1:58 pm

i see....... our forte is so heavy, hate jams and stopping/moving off as can hear and feel the pull...... currently 3900km so still on mineral, thought of changing to fully-synthetic at next 5k servicing (10W40) or 5W30 if i do at my mechanic side..... Denso spark plugs are next! follow by replace stock 17" rims & tires......
purefish
purefish

Back to top Go down

Post by Godson 16th March 2010, 2:03 pm

purefish,

your warranty will be void if you send yr car out for servicing other than CNC...

hai, any idea how to counter this problem?

purefish wrote:i see....... our forte is so heavy, hate jams and stopping/moving off as can hear and feel the pull...... currently 3900km so still on mineral, thought of changing to fully-synthetic at next 5k servicing (10W40) or 5W30 if i do at my mechanic side..... Denso spark plugs are next! follow by replace stock 17" rims & tires......
Godson
Godson

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16th March 2010, 2:20 pm

purefish wrote:i see....... our forte is so heavy, hate jams and stopping/moving off as can hear and feel the pull...... currently 3900km so still on mineral, thought of changing to fully-synthetic at next 5k servicing (10W40) or 5W30 if i do at my mechanic side..... Denso spark plugs are next! follow by replace stock 17" rims & tires......

bro i think u will be surprize if i tell u this i am still using mineral hehe =) but the feel of this mineral oil in my car is so much better then syn oil... you see to make syn oil u need alot of polymers and polymers DO NOT lub. ur engine is the oil that does the job. imagine how much polymer they need to make a multigrade syn oil like 5W40 <-- thats 35 wt differences in layman terms the more the wt difference the more polymer in a given volume of syn oil. hence less oil. for me i am using FK messimo flashing super mineral 5W30.. on dyno this engine oil actually make a china car gain 3 hp. well with all said u have to try to believe loh =).. =p anyway which denso r u refering.. iridium and platinum have the lowest electric conductivity in the material list. where silver,gold and copper being the best.. if u want performance stay with ur copper plugs they perform better then iridium/platium.. if u want even better then get silver electrode. only advantage the iridum/platium plugs have is that they generally last longer. but then again this thing goes in ur engine moving parts i dare not risk it. =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16th March 2010, 2:21 pm

Godson wrote:purefish,

your warranty will be void if you send yr car out for servicing other than CNC...

hai, any idea how to counter this problem?

bro can u ask C&C wat thing in ur engine bay is under warrenty? everything u ask them they will tell u its wear and tear then why go back to them when they are so exp? i nv believe in agent unless someone bang me and i claim him lolx bro even a simple air filter mod they tell u void warrenty.. best i bring my own engine oil additive they tell me that will void warrenty... then again wat is under warrenty? all **** la as long as u dun use their product it void warrenty.. u tell me does that means all other engine oil cannot be use? only shell? lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 16th March 2010, 5:23 pm

Divine...u driving EX(M) right, if i not wrong?

Your FC is good!
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 17th March 2010, 8:34 am

Spiritseye wrote:Divine...u driving EX(M) right, if i not wrong?

Your FC is good!

yes bro =) ultimately still ur right foot's weight hehe
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down