Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months

5 posters

Go down

ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months

Post by aswalkersg 8th March 2010, 6:42 am

Dear members,

My ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months, may I check with members anyone faces the same problem and is it recurring ? Not sure is it the orginal double sided tape used cannot stick properly to the steep angle Forte's windscreen?

Thanks.

Last edited by aswalkersg on 8th March 2010, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more details.)

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty Re: ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months

Post by zaf 8th March 2010, 8:04 am

Seems there have been quite a bit of failures for IUs as I understand from the guy who replaced my unit. My IU failed after 8 mths of use.
zaf
zaf

Back to top Go down

ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months Empty Re: ERP IU Unit falls off twice in 6 months

Post by aswalkersg 8th March 2010, 9:30 am

zaf wrote:Seems there have been quite a bit of failures for IUs as I understand from the guy who replaced my unit. My IU failed after 8 mths of use.

Soory Sir is yours the IU technically failed or the mounting falls off from the windscreen ? Thanks.

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 8th March 2010, 11:17 am

as

you can go Giant get the 3M black color heat resistance double side tape
Works like a charm.... Don both go back to wherever and change... DIY still best solution
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by zaf 8th March 2010, 8:44 pm

aswalkersg wrote:
zaf wrote:Seems there have been quite a bit of failures for IUs as I understand from the guy who replaced my unit. My IU failed after 8 mths of use.

Soory Sir is yours the IU technically failed or the mounting falls off from the windscreen ? Thanks.

Too quick with the reply, did'nt read your entire post. The IU unit failed completely. For the mounting tape, I would think you should the 3M translucent type that is transparent just like the original ones used a black or the white type might stick out like a sore thumb on the windscreen though it may stick well. Very Happy
zaf
zaf

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 8th March 2010, 9:33 pm

zaf wrote:
aswalkersg wrote:

Too quick with the reply, did'nt read your entire post. The IU unit failed completely. For the mounting tape, I would think you should the 3M translucent type that is transparent just like the original ones used a black or the white type might stick out like a sore thumb on the windscreen though it may stick well. Very Happy

Thanks to all for the reply.
C&C use back the original transparent type but also cannot stick well.
Tried not to DIY as can void warranty in case.

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 8th March 2010, 9:42 pm

If because of a SIMPLE SILLY TAPE, and they void the warranty, its better ask them to go fly kite.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 9th March 2010, 3:21 pm

aswalkersg wrote:
zaf wrote:
aswalkersg wrote:

=.= tat tape will not void warranty bro.. moreover tat IU unit is by LTA and warranty by LTA de.. If let say ur IU unit spoil, just go to ur nearest LTA authorised inspection centre (eg STA, Vicom) for replacement
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by zaf 10th March 2010, 8:05 am

hanxiang87 wrote:
aswalkersg wrote:
zaf wrote:
aswalkersg wrote:

=.= tat tape will not void warranty bro.. moreover tat IU unit is by LTA and warranty by LTA de.. If let say ur IU unit spoil, just go to ur nearest LTA authorised inspection centre (eg STA, Vicom) for replacement

As rightly pointed out by hanxiang87, the warranty of the IU is from LTA and not C & C. As such replacement of the tape should have no consequence on it's warranty.
zaf
zaf

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 10th March 2010, 11:56 am

hanxiang87 wrote:
aswalkersg wrote:
zaf wrote:
aswalkersg wrote:

my friend IU spoil....must pay LTA sia...lol
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down