Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A)

+16
lawrenceke
khen1
geraldtay
JuanST
cyz
mengii
mamamia
mighty meow
boklsg
Forte002
VAG
damage
forte3737
lebet
varadero23
karunt
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A)

Post by thinkforte 17th March 2010, 5:52 pm

damage wrote:Hi

If you really want to compare the prices, you need to find out their OMV.

D

Many bros have mentioned that the OMV for Forte (and Korean cars in general) is not as high as their Japanese counterparts.

Maybe I didn't quite understand how they came to this conclusion, but shouldn't the car's price be factored in when determining if its OMV is "good"? Afterall, you can't expect the OMV of Jap and Korean cars to be the same when their prices are so far apart, right? In other words, to guage how "good" a car's OMV is, the value should be expressed as a percentage over the car price. Doing so would also reflect the relative value of the same car bought at different times and at different prices.

Therefore, using this formula, the 1.6 SX Forte's OMV ($14,300) based on the current price of $59,999 is now at 23.83% (of car price). This percentage goes even higher if you base it on earlier prices, which were significantly lower. For example, if you bought the 1.6 SX at the previous price of $55,999, the OMV as a percentage of car price can up go to 25.54%!

This value is very close to some Japanese models like the Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6 Elegance (A), whose OMV is 24.06% of its current car price, but still well below other Jap rides like Honda Civic 1.6 VTi (A) at 29.71%, or even the Honda Jazz 1.5 LA(A) at 27.90%.

This value also varies between the Forte's various trims. The 1.6 EX (A) for example, only has an OMV that is 20.55% of its current selling price. the 1.6 SX (A)'s stands at 23.83% while the 2.0 SX (A) is valued at 22.06%.

Using these figures, would it be fair to say that the relative OMV (in other words, it's real "value for money" in OMV terms) of the 1.6 SX(A) is the best all the other Auto transmission trims?

thinkforte

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 18th March 2010, 12:00 am

kapitan wrote:
JuanST wrote:
kapitan wrote:
kwangilbert wrote:Just got my Forte 1.6SX on Sat 13 Mar with Bro Melburn help and advise.
Paid $63,999.. COE upping even more soon.
For those looking for new forte can PM him, he is helpful and will advise on good SE too Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

wow!!! 63999, .. got mine at 47999.... yes!, 16k discount...

wah mine only 11.5k discount..... how can???? Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Icon_twisted

and I am glad I hauled the CFO to the showroom and made a rash decision to buy.... hahaha

Rash but great decision! If we sell car now... we are like driving free for 1 year! thumbsup
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 18th March 2010, 12:04 am

damage wrote:Hi

If you really want to compare the prices, you need to find out their OMV.

I narrowed my search according to my budget - similar to the cars compared in the current AA magazine issue. Honda Jazz, Latio, Forte and Cruz.

Not really willing to pay so much for the Jap cars so it was Forte or Cruz. Avante was out as the new model was coming out much later.

I went for great design and a lot of great equipment for the price that I pay. Cruz had 6 speed but it has lower BHP and fuel consumption is not great.

Forte's ride quality can be improved (too bumpy) but I can live with it.

I paid 58000 plus for engine start and whether worth it or not, I can't say as it is up to the individual. Those who bought when the COE was very low last year are selling their cars for a profit now or at least zero depreciation. This is because the buyers don't bother checking the COE, cost of car price last year etc. The buyers now buy it based on current price depreciation. Therefore, it is up to you whether you need a car at this present moment.

Have also driven a Hyundai for 8 years. It is very very reliable. Never failed me even going up North. Spare parts are cheap when you purchase from Ming Ghee or other suppliers. KIA has external suppliers as well.

Driven Jap cars before too and all cars are about the same when you reach the 6-7 year mark when everything starts falling apart.

If the Korean cars are not good, the taxi companies would have not have invested in them even though they are cheaper.

Petrol-wise, it is really whether you wish to sacrifice weight, safety over lighter cars. Check the Australian NCAP, Euro NCAP and NHTSA for all your choices. After having been in accidents before, I think that should be the most important consideration.

Take care
D

my omv is $13k since last year.. compare to the prices now.. not great difference.. but the selling prices are a world apart.. Cool
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 18th March 2010, 9:55 pm

Different car prices at different times of the year and different economic situations. No matter what the garmen has the last laugh

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 19th March 2010, 9:43 pm

I just recalled, an OPC Forte 1.6 A SX with all the gizmos and front & rear disc brakes was only $30,999.00..... and those who booked pre launch was even cheaper..... those who booked on launch date got their COE first week of March....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 19th March 2010, 10:44 pm

kapitan wrote:I just recalled, an OPC Forte 1.6 A SX with all the gizmos and front & rear disc brakes was only $30,999.00..... and those who booked pre launch was even cheaper..... those who booked on launch date got their COE first week of March....

Only those who bought forte since it was first launched has the last laugh!! Getting New Forte 1.6SX (A) - Page 2 Icon_lol
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2