Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last

+4
JuanST
firmrock
zlement
nothing
8 posters

Go down

Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last

Post by nothing 1st February 2010, 2:34 pm

Just to update:

For those that have plastic squeaking sound coming from the steering wheel when turning, AD will try to apply some lubrication at the steering wheel hub or replaced the clock spring. Such remedies only temp. as the sound will be back after couple of days....mine was one such case with lubrication done, clock spring changed, etc the sound will be back after couple of days...

As I have found the the sound was generated from the DAB module and the steering wheel centre hub, AD decided to do a trial with my ride, changing a whole new set of steering wheel. Now after a month, the sound is really gone and everything back to normal....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty Re: Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last

Post by zlement 1st February 2010, 9:27 pm

nothing wrote:Just to update:

For those that have plastic squeaking sound coming from the steering wheel when turning, AD will try to apply some lubrication at the steering wheel hub or replaced the clock spring. Such remedies only temp. as the sound will be back after couple of days....mine was one such case with lubrication done, clock spring changed, etc the sound will be back after couple of days...

As I have found the the sound was generated from the DAB module and the steering wheel centre hub, AD decided to do a trial with my ride, changing a whole new set of steering wheel. Now after a month, the sound is really gone and everything back to normal....

bro, i totally agree wif u, those remedies r only temp(i hv tried all of them)..

i got my steering wheel n DAB changed in late Dec 09, till now e clicking sound never come back.. e new DAB is screwed onto e steering wheel while e old DAB r clip onto e steering wheel..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Empty Re: Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last

Post by firmrock 2nd February 2010, 8:55 am

just went down to UBI C&C service center.

clarified with him regarding bout the clicking/squeaking sound. its impossible to change the DAB/steering wheel as the cost gonna be freaking high.

what they can do is, changing the quality of screw, clock spring etc. i dont know how true is it as ya guys stated ya had your DAB and steering wheel changed because, LK or PG isnt changing steering wheel/ DAB. They only do "so-called-mod" on the DAB/steering wheel to eliminate the sound.

firmrock

Back to top Go down

Post by firmrock 2nd February 2010, 8:56 am

made a appointment this coming thursday at ubi. will feedback once done.

firmrock

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 2nd February 2010, 9:13 am

did u pay or covered by warranty?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 2nd February 2010, 9:12 pm

JuanST wrote:

did u pay or covered by warranty?

i got my steering wheel & DAB changed at Leng Kee, covered by warranty...
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th February 2010, 9:46 am

Mine cover by warranty too, changed to new steering wheel and DAB...how true is it as questioned by someone as if I will gain something by ****? My older batch SX steering wheel have no red threading only the newer SX version comes with it and now I am one of the older SX with the red stitching steering wheel.oh ya.maybe they didn't actually change it but rewrap my old steering wheel Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last Sleep ...I am there watching as the technician was changing it.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 5th February 2010, 10:08 am

so good... I got them to change the 4 door panels and the steering wheel because they are stains on the silver plastic parts... onli give me the older versions i.e. no paddings nor red thread... sianz
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 11th February 2010, 4:04 pm

ahh great..

mine got this squeaking sound after servicing 10k at LK..

funny thing is..when travelling at low speed u will hear it very obvious.. but when travelling high speed the steering wheel get stiffer then the sound is gone..

will go down to get it changed after CNY as its quite annoying.. but new version of steering wheel doesnt match my ride =(
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 11th February 2010, 8:03 pm

I also have the squeaking noise at low speed. Wah, must arrange for a change oredi. Thanks nocash for the Steering wheel squeaking sound gone at last 332362 info!!

btw, what does DAB mean?
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 11th February 2010, 8:14 pm

Driver Air Bag
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 23rd March 2010, 9:04 pm

hmmm.. today sent my car for 20k servicing and also to fix the steering wheel sound.. guess they only change the DAB but nv chg steering wheel. Smile
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 23rd March 2010, 9:04 pm

anyway, it seem to finally solved the problem.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down