Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Sound proofing Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Sound proofing Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Sound proofing Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Sound proofing Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Sound proofing Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Sound proofing Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Sound proofing Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Sound proofing Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Sound proofing Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Sound proofing

+9
joepele
max
epig
VAG
Corgel
FriesL
scalar
alpineccm
KOD
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sound proofing Empty Sound proofing

Post by KOD 14th January 2010, 9:35 am

Dear Bro & Sis. does you guy know any good workman ship and cheap sound poofing as I do not know whether your guy had this problem when you turn on loud music and high bass there is varbration on the door board so have to solve this problem
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Sound proofing Empty Re: Sound proofing

Post by alpineccm 14th January 2010, 9:48 am

Cheap SP, I think there is a couple of lobangs that were posted in this forum. But for good workmanship it may not come as cheap, as the quality of the SP material (and consequently the pricing) does play a part, plus good installers may also charge a premium for their services.

But if better sound quality and more solid bass if what you are looking for, the minimum should be 2 layers of SP on the 2 front doors, or better will be all 4 doors (if it is a Forte). The rest will depend on your budget, and tolerance to slight decrease in FC (due to extra weight)
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 9:52 am

bro kod, wanna diy? cos bro max ytd suggested to me to diy... will be much much cheaper.....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 14th January 2010, 9:56 am

hi, think so this issue is due to the HU OVER-bass setting, try checking your firmware and update which iirc will reduce the bass setting thus avoid the vibration.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 14th January 2010, 10:05 am

scalar wrote:bro kod, wanna diy? cos bro max ytd suggested to me to diy... will be much much cheaper.....

I know how to repair engine but never do this acc before ha ha ha
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 10:14 am

dat's why need max's help.....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 14th January 2010, 10:16 am

finally found it: http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/expose-your-forte-koup-f3/project-s-t-not-juz-forte-but-koup-too-t2098-150.htm#92884

Terrier DIY for his door...

got another post someone do $220 for 2 layers at bishan one... u decide which one u want ba...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 10:39 am

wow, $220 for 2 layers is inexpensive....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 14th January 2010, 10:50 am

scalar wrote:wow, $220 for 2 layers is inexpensive....

That is definitely cheap. But do check on what is the SP material used and observe the skill of the installer. Of course if can DIY will be the best.
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 14th January 2010, 11:06 am

For me I use some Ikea drawer mat for SP. Done up 4 doors, rear wheel arc and trunk cover. Able to reduce some road noise. The cost is $9 per piece. Sound proofing Icon_smile

Sound proofing Dsc01010
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 14th January 2010, 1:51 pm

VAG wrote:For me I use some Ikea drawer mat for SP. Done up 4 doors, rear wheel arc and trunk cover. Able to reduce some road noise. The cost is $9 per piece. Sound proofing Icon_smile

Sound proofing Dsc01010

how's ur sound system after u do it?
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 14th January 2010, 2:02 pm

Corgel wrote:
VAG wrote:For me I use some Ikea drawer mat for SP. Done up 4 doors, rear wheel arc and trunk cover. Able to reduce some road noise. The cost is $9 per piece. Sound proofing Icon_smile

how's ur sound system after u do it?

Can hear more bass for the stock sound system. Need to adjust the treble level higher.
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 14th January 2010, 11:33 pm

FriesL wrote:hi, think so this issue is due to the HU OVER-bass setting, try checking your firmware and update which iirc will reduce the bass setting thus avoid the vibration.

ok bro, now how the do the setting and checking on the firmware
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 14th January 2010, 11:45 pm

bro for just need to solve the vibartion because now I not into the sound system anymore as my last 2 cars have mod will heavy sound system and spend too much.

one the frist car I had spend around 7k on the sound system now I rather take the 7k for heavy mod on the engine for more more power
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 15th January 2010, 1:21 am

KOD wrote:Dear Bro & Sis. does you guy know any good workman ship and cheap sound poofing as I do not know whether your guy had this problem when you turn on loud music and high bass there is varbration on the door board so have to solve this problem

bro, do you mean a plastic vibrating sound?

if yes, check ur 2 doors side pocket. there's a cap for the screw inside the both the doors side pocket.

i had tht vibrating sound, told cnc and they cant find anything.

then finally i found out it's coming from the plastic cover cause it's lose.

my solution is just 2 pcs of scotch tape tape over the screw cap and dont have tht sound anymore.

told cnc before, initally only from left side, when return, both door got.

also if u want to reduce the vibration, u can also adjust the HU's bass. cause standard when given to us is on 'high' mode.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 15th January 2010, 1:28 am

i think i oso have dis problem.... Sound proofing Icon_pale
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 15th January 2010, 1:32 am

scalar wrote:i think i oso have dis problem.... Sound proofing Icon_pale

eh.. normal de.. the way they open up the screw cap.. lol.. i see the plastic ard the cap all like dented liao..

sian..

btw hope ur ride dont have the sunroof problem..

farking until now they still havent come back to me.

must i find out for them the root cause.

but nvm la since they ordering new parts for me.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by max 15th January 2010, 1:34 am

epig wrote:

eh.. normal de.. the way they open up the screw cap.. lol.. i see the plastic ard the cap all like dented liao..

sian..

disconnect the rear speaker solve the problem .... anyway back speaker useless wan

max

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 15th January 2010, 1:40 am

max wrote:
epig wrote:

sian..

disconnect the rear speaker solve the problem .... anyway back speaker useless wan

u sure back speaker useless 1???
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by max 15th January 2010, 1:44 am

scalar wrote:

u sure back speaker useless 1???[/quote]

yep .... I sure disconnect the rear speakers ... U dun need ... front enuff liao thumbsup

max

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 15th January 2010, 1:49 am

cos yr back never sit anyone la bro... Sound proofing Icon_cool
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by max 15th January 2010, 1:51 am

scalar wrote:cos yr back never sit anyone la bro... Sound proofing Icon_cool

bro staging dun need back speaker wan .... only front Smile

max

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 15th January 2010, 1:57 am

oic... i dun know as i'm not a ice modded.... Sound proofing Icon_cool
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 15th January 2010, 8:33 am

max wrote:
scalar wrote:cos yr back never sit anyone la bro... Sound proofing Icon_cool

bro staging dun need back speaker wan .... only front Smile

Usually most ICE guys only use the front speakers, just like if you listen to a concert, most of the sound comes from the front.

Rear speakers can still be useful as rear fill.

But to get a proper staging with both front and rear speakers, you'll need to do some tuning. With our stock HU, this will be difficult, and most probably you'll only get a narrow stereo sound. But some HU comes with time alignment or other similar function, can help to adjust the sound to seem to come from the front, and may even "widen" the soundstage.
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 15th January 2010, 9:22 am

hahahaha.....

Soon... we gonna be hearing about TA, aka Time Alignment.
Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 15th January 2010, 11:00 am

epig wrote:
KOD wrote:Dear Bro & Sis. does you guy know any good workman ship and cheap sound poofing as I do not know whether your guy had this problem when you turn on loud music and high bass there is varbration on the door board so have to solve this problem

if yes, check ur 2 doors side pocket. there's a cap for the screw inside the both the doors side pocket.

my solution is just 2 pcs of scotch tape tape over the screw cap and dont have tht sound anymore.

also if u want to reduce the vibration, u can also adjust the HU's bass. cause standard when given to us is on 'high' mode.

Ok the plastic cover is ok. the vibartion is not come from there is from the door board as I try to put my hand on the door board act as a sound proof the vibration is gone

Now I ture the HU P.Bass to low the vibration is not so much. bcause most of the muisc I heard is heavy ha ha ha
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 15th January 2010, 11:02 am

bro max, is wanted a good sound all speaker must have just like 5.1, my last ride I have told of 8 speaker in the car and 1 15inch woofor
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 15th January 2010, 3:42 pm

KOD wrote:
FriesL wrote:hi, think so this issue is due to the HU OVER-bass setting, try checking your firmware and update which iirc will reduce the bass setting thus avoid the vibration.

ok bro, now how the do the setting and checking on the firmware

hi, bro

you could find the download from kiatechinfo, or below link

Sound firmware link

hth

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 15th January 2010, 3:53 pm

KOD wrote:Ok the plastic cover is ok. the vibartion is not come from there is from the door board as I try to put my hand on the door board act as a sound proof the vibration is gone

Now I ture the HU P.Bass to low the vibration is not so much. bcause most of the muisc I heard is heavy ha ha ha

lol... u on too loud liao lar... think some sound proofing should be enough to eliminate the vibrations, no need very expensive ones if u're not too concerned about sound quality...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 15th January 2010, 3:59 pm

KOD wrote:bro max, is wanted a good sound all speaker must have just like 5.1, my last ride I have told of 8 speaker in the car and 1 15inch woofor

Don't mix up music with movies. Unless you are talking about SACD or Bluray, most music are 2 channels only.

Most probably your previous rides has only 4 sets of speakers, and is using either a 3 way component front speaker plus rear coaxial speakers or front & rear 2 way component speakers. Both combination also add up to 8 speakers. The tweeter is also considered as 1 speaker in car audio.

But if you are not particular about soundstaging, then the above will not be a concern. Still if vibration is a concern, do consider soundproofing the doors. It will also help with the sound quality from the speakers.
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by S.C 15th January 2010, 5:51 pm

i got this problem also.. always got some rattling sound on the left side.. thanks for the advice will do a check later!!

epig wrote:

S.C

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 15th January 2010, 6:40 pm

Corgel wrote:
KOD wrote:Ok the plastic cover is ok. the vibartion is not come from there is from the door board as I try to put my hand on the door board act as a sound proof the vibration is gone

lol... u on too loud liao lar... think some sound proofing should be enough to eliminate the vibrations, no need very expensive ones if u're not too concerned about sound quality...

Bro scalar and bro Max and I are still discussing
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 15th January 2010, 6:41 pm

Corgel wrote:

Bro scalar and bro Max and I are still discussing
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 15th January 2010, 6:41 pm

Corgel wrote:

No worry bro
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by edmundino 15th January 2010, 7:02 pm

Is it due to this issue?

Click on the link to download the PDF file.
Kia Tech Info: Front or Rear Door rattling sound

You can read more KIA Tech info provided by impact2001 from this section of the forum.
KIA Techincal Information (PDF files)
edmundino
edmundino

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 15th January 2010, 10:43 pm

can buy aircon material for sound proofing. it has proven to me it is useful and CHEAP!!! done on my vios b4. i tink we will need 6 meters. material is quite thick. so 1 lay is enough. material can be bought at:

Aircon Materials Asia P/L
60, Tannery Lane, Spore 347803
Tel: 67434456
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 15th January 2010, 11:28 pm

loveforte wrote:can buy aircon material for sound proofing. it has proven to me it is useful and CHEAP!!! done on my vios b4. i tink we will need 6 meters. material is quite thick. so 1 lay is enough. material can be bought at:

Bro, how is look like
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 17th January 2010, 8:23 pm

Sound proofing Dsc01010

Bro, what is the materail as next week I will go Ikea want to meet if you are free so that I know
which to buy
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 22nd January 2010, 10:32 pm

can buy aircon material for sound proofing. it has proven to me it is useful and CHEAP!!! done on my vios b4. i tink we will need the most 6 meters. material is quite thick. so 1 lay is enough. material can be bought at:

the material is 9mm thick.
1 meter - $12
so if u buy 6 meter, im quite sure u can do total 6 doors. just in case...bought it for spare

loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 22nd January 2010, 10:32 pm

just went to buy the material again. will tk a pic of how it look like. sunday den will start DIY it. Razz
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 22nd January 2010, 10:35 pm

one more thing to be added in, the material can be use to wrap ur aircon pipe, which many of the fortes is doing to their naked aircon pipe. it is a heat shield material which can be wrap onto our air filter box too!
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 23rd January 2010, 12:59 am

Sound proofing 19049_283848880968_640305968_3992934_4230916_nSound proofing 19049_283848885968_640305968_3992935_2295580_n
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 23rd January 2010, 10:11 am

is it spooo because the clearane in between the door and the door pander is very close I worry the design of Koup and Forte is different
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 23rd January 2010, 11:16 am

wah... so thick? very heavy too i guess...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 23rd January 2010, 1:14 pm

9mm shld b no prob
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 23rd January 2010, 1:25 pm

loveforte wrote:9mm shld b no prob

really bro can try
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 23rd January 2010, 6:59 pm

the material is not heavy. it is alot lighter than those 'real' sound proof material.
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 23rd January 2010, 7:35 pm

why are all the newbie posting in wrong thread huh???

This section is for thread about people showing their koup or forte only.

Please kindly create in the right section so that other newbie can easily seach for history data.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by KOD 24th January 2010, 1:28 am

loveforte wrote:the material is not heavy. it is alot lighter than those 'real' sound proof material.

So bro when will you start your project
KOD
KOD

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 24th January 2010, 2:19 am

KOD wrote:
loveforte wrote:the material is not heavy. it is alot lighter than those 'real' sound proof material.

So bro when will you start your project

might b sunday afternoon. muz see whether got feeling or not..LOL.. wan join me huh?
cfm have some big different after DIY. as i had done it in previous ride before. 1 noticeable thing is the door closing sound.
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next