Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Kite Flying (old passion hobby)

+12
jameshong
shin365
Daniel^Bigcow
Pegasus
kapitan
samuelj
keigo
JuanST
lukester
geraldtay
ctoh
impact2001
16 posters

:: General :: Hobbies

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty Kite Flying (old passion hobby)

Post by impact2001 20th December 2009, 6:06 pm

Hi all, not sure how many of you really appreciate flying kite especially trying to find a suitable place to fly kite is getting lesser and lesser..

Recently I just started to hook up to kite flying (intro by my colleague).. the feeling really not bad.. When u see ur kite soar high up there, with those beautiful leds blink blink here and there.. Kinda really relaxing.. Down there, you start TCSS with all the peoples there while your KITE roaming high up..

Perhaps next time I would like to try out stunt kites (kinda like form of excercise when play that kind of kite).

How abt you guys? Interested bo?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Empty Re: Kite Flying (old passion hobby)

Post by ctoh 20th December 2009, 10:36 pm

The field opposite the new Sengkang swimming pool is a popular location for kite flying. West Coast park (where we had our 3rd MU) is also popular.
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by geraldtay 20th December 2009, 11:56 pm

i'm in for sengkang, got uncle selling kites in his van there, can "zhng" blinkers onto your kite summore Smile
geraldtay
geraldtay

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 21st December 2009, 11:06 am

why not try marina barrage, can even fly at night.

but got lots of people also though.

maybe can instead kite fight.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 21st December 2009, 11:19 am

used to make my own newspaper and bamboo stick kites when i was young.... carefree days.... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_bounce and run thru the rice fields (dry season)
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 21st December 2009, 12:21 pm

huh.. Juan u recommending us to go find padi fields in SG???

jialat, dunno where to start..
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 21st December 2009, 12:26 pm

no lah.... where got here.... oh yeah.... lim chu kang maybe have.... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 21st December 2009, 4:54 pm

Nowadays, i been making trip down to sengkang anchorvale link there to fly.. sometimes you can see abt 10 to 20 kites flying ard.. hahaha.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st December 2009, 9:59 pm

impact2001 wrote:Nowadays, i been making trip down to sengkang anchorvale link there to fly.. sometimes you can see abt 10 to 20 kites flying ard.. hahaha.

got mei.. I never see you lei... my block is directly facing the field.. I got kite got the night light but no time to do down to fly... Laughing
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 22nd December 2009, 3:59 pm

maybe next time MU can be kite flying MU
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 22nd December 2009, 8:41 pm

keigo wrote:
impact2001 wrote:Nowadays, i been making trip down to sengkang anchorvale link there to fly.. sometimes you can see abt 10 to 20 kites flying ard.. hahaha.

got mei.. I never see you lei... my block is directly facing the field.. I got kite got the night light but no time to do down to fly... Laughing

haha.. i hidding somewhere flying my kite la.. if u saw a forte there, it could be mine.. No time to fly is really an excuse la.. haha.. i myself so busy still can make time to go there and fly kite to ard 9pm, and drive back to wdls..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 23rd December 2009, 9:42 am

impact2001 wrote:
keigo wrote:

haha.. i hidding somewhere flying my kite la.. if u saw a forte there, it could be mine.. No time to fly is really an excuse la.. haha.. i myself so busy still can make time to go there and fly kite to ard 9pm, and drive back to wdls..

wow 9pm huh.... maybe can call me next time.. then I go down fly with u... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_lol
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelj 5th January 2010, 12:07 pm

Opposite Tampines Mrt, quite a few people fly kites there. Of course IMO the best place to fly kites and have a romantic picnic at the same time is @ Marina barrage...

samuelj

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 5th January 2010, 1:30 pm

who into kite flying... put your name down... then maybe we can organise an outing for kite flying...

1. impact2001
2. Keigo
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 5th January 2010, 1:42 pm

who into kite flying... put your name down... then maybe we can organise an outing for kite flying...

1. impact2001
2. Keigo
3. ctoh
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 5th January 2010, 8:50 pm

cool.. recently the uncle selling the kite seem to hijack up the price liao leh.. haha
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 5th January 2010, 8:58 pm

Got kite fighting, then got meet to make glass covered line to fly the kite. Must start looking for glass bottle and start pounding it to powder lioa.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 5th January 2010, 10:23 pm

impact2001 wrote:cool.. recently the uncle selling the kite seem to hijack up the price liao leh.. haha

lolz.. ya i realise that too....

but his kite design very normal...

me recently purchase a new kite from oversea it's a 3D firebird which is 7ft big..... at least it is something more different...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 5th January 2010, 10:35 pm

There's a event coming up end of the month organised by the Singapore Kite Association:

January 30-31, 2010
3rd Singapore International Kite Day @ Punggol and Teens' Day 2010
Punggol Field Walk (vacant field adjacent to Blk 128C)
10:00am to 9:00pm

http://ska.askwing.com/

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 5th January 2010, 10:47 pm

kapitan wrote:Got kite fighting, then got meet to make glass covered line to fly the kite. Must start looking for glass bottle and start pounding it to powder lioa.

if you flying then I better avoid you or use those lousy kite to fly... else my ex kite will really fly high and never return... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_evil
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 6th January 2010, 11:00 am

I used to fly kite a lot last time!! Fly ppl's kite!! Hahaha!! :-)
Joking... :-)

Ohh I remember last time I was working at Central Mall, there were always ppl flying those kites with leds just beside Riverside Point. Beside Brewerks there. :-)

I asked the price before. Think plus like lessons and all, cost more than hundred or a few hundred. But those kind is the remote controlled type. Hehehehe!! :-)

As for the string kind, I heard Marina Barrage has got pretty strong winds at times thus making it a lot easier to get your kite in the air!! :-)

A friend lost his kite there. Flew away. :-)

Maybe I should go msia and get those big kites from like sabah/sarawak. Those old kind they call 'wau'!! Hehehe!! :-) Then mod with LED lights!! Sure damn 'power'!!! Hahahaha!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 6th January 2010, 11:45 am

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:I used to fly kite a lot last time!! Fly ppl's kite!! Hahaha!! :-)
Joking... :-)

Ohh I remember last time I was working at Central Mall, there were always ppl flying those kites with leds just beside Riverside Point. Beside Brewerks there. :-)

I asked the price before. Think plus like lessons and all, cost more than hundred or a few hundred. But those kind is the remote controlled type. Hehehehe!! :-)

As for the string kind, I heard Marina Barrage has got pretty strong winds at times thus making it a lot easier to get your kite in the air!! :-)

A friend lost his kite there. Flew away. :-)

Maybe I should go msia and get those big kites from like sabah/sarawak. Those old kind they call 'wau'!! Hehehe!! :-) Then mod with LED lights!! Sure damn 'power'!!! Hahahaha!! :-)

lolz.. then come over sengkang and fly... I bet all eye will be on your 'wau' kite...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 6th January 2010, 10:00 pm

keigo wrote:
impact2001 wrote:cool.. recently the uncle selling the kite seem to hijack up the price liao leh.. haha

me recently purchase a new kite from oversea it's a 3D firebird which is 7ft big..... at least it is something more different...

post the pic? interest to see how it look like? Is it tough to fly up?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 6th January 2010, 11:07 pm

impact2001 wrote:
keigo wrote:

post the pic? interest to see how it look like? Is it tough to fly up?

it still shipping so i wont know how hard it is to fly it up.. but hope not that hard...

anyway here is the pic...

Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Firebird
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by shin365 7th January 2010, 8:48 am

keigo, how come the kite need to shipped de, tot i saw this design in sengkang, one of the stall there got sell this design mah.

recently i also started to pickup kite flying, got my kite from sengkang, recently did some flying at sengkang and wcp ( i stay west coast).

shin365

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 7th January 2010, 10:11 am

Wahhhh!! Stay west coast, go all the way to Sengkang to fly kite??!!! Sure bo???!!! Must be 'someone important' staying in sengkang rite?? Hhehehee!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by shin365 9th January 2010, 9:09 am

haha, the kite that fly in SK is nicer and the field is bigger also. that why go SK fly..

also my gf stay hougang lar.. haha !!!

shin365

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 9th January 2010, 9:28 am

impact2001 wrote:Hi all, not sure how many of you really appreciate flying kite especially trying to find a suitable place to fly kite is getting lesser and lesser..

Recently I just started to hook up to kite flying (intro by my colleague).. the feeling really not bad.. When u see ur kite soar high up there, with those beautiful leds blink blink here and there.. Kinda really relaxing.. Down there, you start TCSS with all the peoples there while your KITE roaming high up..

Perhaps next time I would like to try out stunt kites (kinda like form of excercise when play that kind of kite).

How abt you guys? Interested bo?

Remind me of my kiddy time sunny ! Have not been kiting for long long time liao and it's the time for me to bring my son to fly kite lo cheers !
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 11th January 2010, 12:17 am

keigo wrote:
it still shipping so i wont know how hard it is to fly it up.. but hope not that hard...

i see that is 3 strings right? SK doesn't sell this one definately, but sell a similar type, call phoneix (by china guy). Keigo this one seem to look much better...

Give me the link where u purhase? I want to see got any other patterns for me to purchase too..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th January 2010, 10:56 am

impact2001 wrote:
keigo wrote:

i see that is 3 strings right? SK doesn't sell this one definately, but sell a similar type, call phoneix (by china guy). Keigo this one seem to look much better...

Give me the link where u purhase? I want to see got any other patterns for me to purchase too..

as mention it is 3D.. what the china guy selling only 2D...

Lastly do take note.... if you flying Kite at Sengkang during peak period.. cause guess someone string is those cutting type..

mine kite string had been cut yesterday and same do around 4 more people around the same time.

I'm getting in Kevlar string for my 3D kite cause I wont want other to cut my line...For those who know about string..

Kevlar string is well know as a strong string and most dangerous cause they cut people line..and is ban from lots of competition.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 11th January 2010, 11:02 am

wah lau... must go online to buy kite... last time I buy tracing paper and thin bamboo strip and make own kite... string also make with goo peh kor and glass powder... no kelvar string...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th January 2010, 11:03 am

impact2001 wrote:
keigo wrote:

you can go ebay and look for pawzilla...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th January 2010, 11:04 am

kapitan wrote:wah lau... must go online to buy kite... last time I buy tracing paper and thin bamboo strip and make own kite... string also make with goo peh kor and glass powder... no kelvar string...

If you say last time...
my last time kite is those NTUC plastic bag lor...and string.. I use sewing string lor... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_razz
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th January 2010, 11:06 am

kapitan wrote:wah lau... must go online to buy kite... last time I buy tracing paper and thin bamboo strip and make own kite... string also make with goo peh kor and glass powder... no kelvar string...

your chair for sale..?? me interested to get 2 lei...gd chair for me to fly kite..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 11th January 2010, 11:10 am

keigo wrote:

your chair for sale..?? me interested to get 2 lei...gd chair for me to fly kite..

sorry, chair not for sale....

try Carrefour.. they have quite extensive range, though not as cheap as what I paid....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th January 2010, 11:11 am

kapitan wrote:
keigo wrote:

sorry, chair not for sale....

try Carrefour.. they have quite extensive range, though not as cheap as what I paid....

so sad... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_sad
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 11th January 2010, 10:29 pm

Wow, so nice to see this thread!

I'm planning to go Sengkang/Archorvale there to fly kite this Sunday ard 5 pm!

Any bros interested can OT OT MU there! =)
Now, we got one more "Go Fly Kite MU"!
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Lol
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by layangman 12th January 2010, 6:59 pm

Hi All,

I am a newbie, awaiting my Metal Bronze Forte within this couple of days Smile Happen to see a Hobby thread and glad to see Kites as one. My nick is Layangman and I operate an online kite store. I have been flying stunt kites since 1992.

Since I am in this group, let me know if any kites interest you.

Cheers,
Patrick
layangman
layangman

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 12th January 2010, 7:31 pm

jimixer wrote:Wow, so nice to see this thread!

I'm planning to go Sengkang/Archorvale there to fly kite this Sunday ard 5 pm!

Any bros interested can OT OT MU there! =)
Now, we got one more "Go Fly Kite MU"!
Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Lol

too bad me in gentling...else sure join you..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 15th January 2010, 10:25 am

keigo, no worries... next time bah... Smile

Layangman, wat's ur website?
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by layangman 15th January 2010, 10:56 am

Remove Post

Last edited by impact2001 on 16th January 2010, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No sales talk)
layangman
layangman

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 15th January 2010, 10:59 am

LAyangman??!! Hahaha!! Cool!! :-)

Why dun we get a Forte/Koup designed kite?? Then hang it out our car when we convoy?? Sure wont have anyone missing from convoy!! Hahahaha!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by layangman 15th January 2010, 11:00 am

Nice idea Smile
layangman
layangman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 15th January 2010, 11:30 am

layangman, all your kites very pro leh!
too pro for a beginner like me... haha...

got more entry level one? Smile
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by layangman 15th January 2010, 11:31 am

Have, anyway now all single line kites on *** discount.

Last edited by impact2001 on 16th January 2010, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No sales talk)
layangman
layangman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 15th January 2010, 11:55 am

all single line kites as displayed in d website? or u have others?

looking at simple one...
intend to fly kite this sunday at sengkang/archorvale... Smile
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by layangman 15th January 2010, 12:00 pm

Simple and big - Rainbow Delta with tails, now at XXXXXinclusive of 30M line on winder. Size is about 2.1M wingspan. EZ launch and stays in the air as long as there's wind.
Made of Ripstop Polyester and fibre glass frame.

Last edited by impact2001 on 16th January 2010, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No sales talk)
layangman
layangman

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 15th January 2010, 10:00 pm

jimixer wrote:all single line kites as displayed in d website? or u have others?

looking at simple one...
intend to fly kite this sunday at sengkang/archorvale... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_smile

been there on a few occasions.....such a beautiful sight with hundreds of kites flying over the setting sun.....

bring your love ones (and camera too) there between 630pm to 7pm......... Kite Flying (old passion hobby) Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 16th January 2010, 4:38 pm

Ya, saw once n I was fascinated!
Realli very beautiful!

Bringing my friend's little cutey princess to see tmr... Smile
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th January 2010, 10:28 pm

just come back from sengkang after kite flying.. Today really many ppls fly sia.. My friend's kite kena cut and flown off.. lol... too many liao.. but beautiful sight..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next