Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

scheduled servicing for our forte...

+14
lukester
muff
IvanLow
Chilex
nothing
aural
kenincf
liplip
ck7373
Nolicense2
redkoup
forte3737
JuanST
nsr182
18 posters

Go down

scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty scheduled servicing for our forte...

Post by nsr182 5th December 2009, 2:42 am

hi guys..
my forte is scheduled for 10k servicing soon...
since the first few batches only have 2 free servicing... (1k and 5k)
C&C is charging abt $150 for the 10k servicing...
servicing includes Shell fully syn oil and the package (oil filter, checks etc)...

the problem is.. not sure whether C&C uses the Shell fully syn oil
from the standard 4L bottle or they pump out from the big oil drum
and never give us the balance for future top-up...

thinking of using OWS Power NA Racing..
and service at outside workshop....
hopefully this does not effect the car warranty...
or just stick to C&C...
whats do you guys think???
nsr182
nsr182

Back to top Go down

scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty Re: scheduled servicing for our forte...

Post by JuanST 5th December 2009, 7:11 am

from my experience, they give the bottle.....not sure about other bros....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

scheduled servicing for our forte... Empty Re: scheduled servicing for our forte...

Post by forte3737 5th December 2009, 12:55 pm

trust CNC. they have a reputation to maintain

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 5th December 2009, 1:59 pm

$150 for 10k fully syn service is considered cheap. no point a public listed company to cheat on small sundry items like this.

besides, you've already paid for the warranty. why throw good money away by giving C&C the excuse to void it by servicing it outside? unless ur forte engine is highly modded n running on extra high compression, SHU is more than adequate for the forte.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolicense2 5th December 2009, 2:39 pm

forte3737 wrote:trust CNC. they have a reputation to maintain

Yup agree..... scheduled servicing for our forte... 332362
Nolicense2
Nolicense2

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 5th December 2009, 5:14 pm

The 10k servicing with shell fully syn oil is now at $147 w/o gst. I've also done the wheels rotation and balancing total almost $180 with gst....!!! i thought the price has increased a fair bit and they have not inform their customers.....no extra oil was returned to me as i believed CNC used big oil drum to pump into our car using ther auto dispensing system in the workshop...... scheduled servicing for our forte... Icon_neutral
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by nsr182 6th December 2009, 11:07 am

ck7373 wrote:The 10k servicing with shell fully syn oil is now at $147 w/o gst. I've also done the wheels rotation and balancing total almost $180 with gst....!!! i thought the price has increased a fair bit and they have not inform their customers.....no extra oil was returned to me as i believed CNC used big oil drum to pump into our car using ther auto dispensing system in the workshop...... scheduled servicing for our forte... Icon_neutral

thats what i heard from my fren too...
thou he is driving a mitsu...
when he went up to genting he bought a small engine oil from shell to top up...
will clarify with c&c again lah...
nsr182
nsr182

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 6th December 2009, 11:31 am

redkoup wrote:$150 for 10k fully syn service is considered cheap. no point a public listed company to cheat on small sundry items like this.

besides, you've already paid for the warranty. why throw good money away by giving C&C the excuse to void it by servicing it outside? unless ur forte engine is highly modded n running on extra high compression, SHU is more than adequate for the forte.

er...? $150 considered cheap?? I think there are cheaper options. Though may not be Shell oil. Not sure how much tyre rotation costs at CDGE?

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 6th December 2009, 11:37 am

In the receipt, it should be written black and white $97 for the shell full syn oil. Whereas you can get the same 4L bottle at $49 at Giant...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 6th December 2009, 11:45 am

Might want to check the full syn is ?W?

i.e 5w30 or 10w40?
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 6th December 2009, 1:13 pm

CnC using Shell Helix Ultra 10W40 but from big drum instead of individual 4L bottle......$250 for 10k pretty ok, but of course have cheaper option depending on the oil u r using...for tire rotation, I prefer to do it outside, much cheaper.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 6th December 2009, 2:16 pm

cheaper option sure have outside. but you risk voiding the warranty.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Chilex 7th December 2009, 12:05 am

Can bring our own oil? Will the payment reduced?
Chilex
Chilex

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanLow 7th December 2009, 12:30 am

i just ask 1 of the service guy at C&C i ask if i will wo bring my oil down fro servicing which is the shell ultre helix will they charge for the oil also he told me they will charge only the labour fee.

IvanLow

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 7th December 2009, 9:51 am

if that is the case, it will mean that buying the oil from Giant ($49) then bring for servicing at CnC will save you about $50 for the 10K servicing scheduled servicing for our forte... 332362 .....also can ask to take back remainder oil for future top-up...... scheduled servicing for our forte... 332362
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 7th December 2009, 10:01 am

Actually I curious, if you bring your own Shell Helix Ultra, will the personnel greet you with a smile or greet you with a frown?

I read a post in this forum where someone mention a service charge is levied for not using their oil, can confirm it again here by someone?

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 7th December 2009, 10:12 am

liplip wrote:
er...? $150 considered cheap?? I think there are cheaper options. Though may not be Shell oil. Not sure how much tyre rotation costs at CDGE?

U gotta compare apple to apple wif other brand's AD servicing, and not wif an unauthorised workshop outside where they hv no legal warranty obligations to u.

Most ppl do an average of say, 20k mileage a year. That's only 2 times servicing a year. Say u got a good lobang and an unauthorised workshop charges u $100 for servicing using proper 100% fully synthetic oil. U save $50 per service. Annually, that's $100 saving.

But why would anyone wanna risk voiding their warranty for a measly $100 a year and forgo the thousands of dollars that they've already paid upfront for the warranty to begin with? That's like spending $5 to save $1. Makes no economic sense to me.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 7th December 2009, 2:57 pm

yup.

i agree with redkoup. I am not risking it for the next few servicing.

i just did my 10k in Thomson. pretty good.

last 2 i went to LK only free car wash, no vacuum.
at thomson, they vacuum for me!!!!

by the way, on they have a rewards card.
so on my next service, they giving 5% discount.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 7th December 2009, 9:14 pm

taking into consideration the warranty for the self destructing windshield (cost about 1K including the solar firm).....i'm willing to pay slightly more to go back for my servicing with CnC......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 7th December 2009, 9:31 pm

hmmm.. then can i say i bring all the consumables (like filter, EO, sparks plug etc) over there and ask to chg for me since they going to charge me a levy fee... scheduled servicing for our forte... Icon_question
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by KnGp 8th December 2009, 1:27 am

IvanLow wrote:i just ask 1 of the service guy at C&C i ask if i will wo bring my oil down fro servicing which is the shell ultre helix will they charge for the oil also he told me they will charge only the labour fee.
ehh.. thats weird. i juz called C&C today and a guy told me that a fee of $27.50 is payable if i bring my own oil, even if the oil is the same exact oil as theirs (shell ultra helix 5w40). can some more ppl call and confirm with them again? diff ppl saying diff things de

anyway i keep wondering, if C&C allow everyone to bring in their own items, their profit will be greatly affected. how will they allow this to happen
KnGp
KnGp

Back to top Go down

Post by nsr182 8th December 2009, 1:40 am

i also called C&C earlier...
they say can bring your own oil...
but will charge $27.50 for disposing your old engine oil in your car...
the $150 plus is served as a package including oil filter etc...
so..

labour -> $50+
oil disposing -> $27.50
oil filter + gasket thingy etc -> $15 [maybe]
your own engine oil -> $49 [Giant offer]

totaling about $140++

this haven include driving to giant... hehe...
nsr182
nsr182

Back to top Go down

Post by nsr182 8th December 2009, 1:42 am

also dun forget the GST that have to be included for the garmen... Razz
nsr182
nsr182

Back to top Go down

Post by KnGp 8th December 2009, 1:59 am

if ur calculations is right then there is no savings wat. wat for we go buy oil from giant but the servicing price is the same muz well we juz go for the default C&C package. haiz i still undecisive whether to do in C&C anot. lol.. servicing due in 300km only
KnGp
KnGp

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 8th December 2009, 7:40 am

One guy i met says he washes his car 3 times a week. He goes to his favourite car wash 8 bucks each time. His reason is... You spend more than 60k on your car, spend a bit more to keep it clean.

I guess redkoup's reasoning is also quite true. After the initial 10k. Most people will do only max 3 times a year if you talk about 10k/servicing.

Which translate to around 300-500/yr depending what mileage and things to change.

At least to me that is a price i can pay for a piece of mind and not when something happens, worry got warranty or not when i go outside to service.

True outside have many servicing packages for 90+ to 100+ so maybe the cost savings might be around 100-200/yr. To me not worth it, like my friend said spend 60k on a car but save the 100-200/yr then need to worry when something happen that not under warranty. (just my personal opinion)
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 8th December 2009, 9:52 am

aural wrote:One guy i met says he washes his car 3 times a week. He goes to his favourite car wash 8 bucks each time. His reason is... You spend more than 60k on your car, spend a bit more to keep it clean.

I guess redkoup's reasoning is also quite true. After the initial 10k. Most people will do only max 3 times a year if you talk about 10k/servicing.

Which translate to around 300-500/yr depending what mileage and things to change.

At least to me that is a price i can pay for a piece of mind and not when something happens, worry got warranty or not when i go outside to service.

True outside have many servicing packages for 90+ to 100+ so maybe the cost savings might be around 100-200/yr. To me not worth it, like my friend said spend 60k on a car but save the 100-200/yr then need to worry when something happen that not under warranty. (just my personal opinion)

true ...at least wait till the warranty over
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 8th December 2009, 10:04 am

ong wrote:
aural wrote:One guy i met says he washes his car 3 times a week. He goes to his favourite car wash 8 bucks each time. His reason is... You spend more than 60k on your car, spend a bit more to keep it clean.

now 5 yr warranty leh... gotta wait 2 yrs more
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 8th December 2009, 10:06 am

GnoMisH wrote:
ong wrote:

now 5 yr warranty leh... gotta wait 2 yrs more

Lol, when things start getting problem, you wish it is 10yrs. ( if you drive that long that is scheduled servicing for our forte... Icon_razz )
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 8th December 2009, 10:55 am

oso dun forget that if u sell ur car b4 3 or 5yrs (depending on the warranty), ur resale value will oso be affected if the car's warranty is void. i mean, if you are a car buyer looking for a used kia, would u prefer to buy one wif the warranty intact and the knowledge that it's been serviced at C&C or one that is void? in the end, gotta ask yourself is it worth to lose big $$ to save small $$?
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down