Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
New shipment information - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

New shipment information

+24
AphelioN
hellbabe
edea_12
Dummyhalf
rickong
JuanST
viper007
omg2doors
Corgel
keigo
Mac
Nolicense2
max
unlimitedz
godspeedyou
epig
ginn
NiVleK
genexis
johnno
scalar
whitechoco
skyalan79
jeRrRKKKK
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New shipment information - Page 2 Empty Re: New shipment information

Post by JuanST 2nd December 2009, 8:08 pm

omg2doors wrote:only certain bodykit add to DOWNFORCE...for example...evolution 9's Voltex bodykit..similar to certain GT wing, which is wind tunnel tested.

For replica cheapo material bodykit..forget it..

anyway, you need to travel at a high speed maybe 150kph to feel the effects, if not it just add unnecessary weight.

downforce is to make sure that the car stick to the road and not flyoff?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 2nd December 2009, 8:12 pm

JuanST wrote:
omg2doors wrote:only certain bodykit add to DOWNFORCE...for example...evolution 9's Voltex bodykit..similar to certain GT wing, which is wind tunnel tested.

For replica cheapo material bodykit..forget it..

anyway, you need to travel at a high speed maybe 150kph to feel the effects, if not it just add unnecessary weight.

downforce is to make sure that the car stick to the road and not flyoff?

ok not fly off so exaggerating..ya downforce as the name suggest, 'force' the car downwards..body kit which do that usually only for sports cars which travel high speed mostly. But mostly their frame and shape is already constructed with low drag efficient and also lines and diffusers that add to downforce..

i'm not that technically profound, but bodykits modify the airflow around the car as it moves..and some even have vents to direct moving air to the brakes for cooling. so..never underestimate a bodykit from a reputable company..'Vielside'..'INGS' etc..

New shipment information - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 2nd December 2009, 8:18 pm

oh and by the way..want downforce during high speeds? Can lower the car.

When lower, distance from bumper to ground reduced, air passing beneath the bumper and under the car become faster..Bernoulli's principle..faster air flow, lower pressure. Relatively high pressure on top push the car down.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 2nd December 2009, 8:34 pm

downwards wind is not significant for city cars.

btw, this thread title is misleading for ppl.

Suggest the title to be change to "Any new shipment information?"
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 2nd December 2009, 9:07 pm

Well, allow the engineer to share with you guys... spoilers spoilts the lift force in aeronautics...therefore the name "spoiler".
In general, everyone believes tat BK(with e diversion of air ressitance) reduces drag force significantly. However, this is totaly a myth. The total additional weight got piled on and the full potential is oly release upon high sppeds.. we r really talkin abt high speeds.. not jst 120/140 km/l..

hahaha.. i miss skl man...
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 2nd December 2009, 10:30 pm

unlimitedz wrote:Well, allow the engineer to share with you guys... spoilers spoilts the lift force in aeronautics...therefore the name "spoiler".
In general, everyone believes tat BK(with e diversion of air ressitance) reduces drag force significantly. However, this is totaly a myth. The total additional weight got piled on and the full potential is oly release upon high sppeds.. we r really talkin abt high speeds.. not jst 120/140 km/l..

I fell asleep at "aeronautics"

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolicense2 2nd December 2009, 11:00 pm

omg2doors wrote:BK = bodykit..

overheard a SE saying that there might be BK for koup nx yr.

Really?

Cant wait..... New shipment information - Page 2 332362
Nolicense2
Nolicense2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 2nd December 2009, 11:19 pm

from shipment to BK lol!

waiting for my Koup to arrived Suspect
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 3rd December 2009, 1:12 am

nah... sme of us r jst not tat gd in studying... bo bian...
rickong wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:Well, allow the engineer to share with you guys... spoilers spoilts the lift force in aeronautics...therefore the name "spoiler".

I fell asleep at "aeronautics"
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 3rd December 2009, 7:31 am

Then make up for it by being hardworking.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 3rd December 2009, 9:43 am

omg2doors wrote:oh and by the way..want downforce during high speeds? Can lower the car.

When lower, distance from bumper to ground reduced, air passing beneath the bumper and under the car become faster..Bernoulli's principle..faster air flow, lower pressure. Relatively high pressure on top push the car down.

Bernoulli's principle... haha... u really noe ur stuff... However, I believe that only air beneath the car flows faster and not above, thus causing the air pressure below the car to be lower than above...

and about the speeds for this effect to appear? definitely not so high speeds lar... it depends on ur setup... because i've read that u can test Bernoulli's principle by holding a canvas and lower it to the ground then it'll suddenly be sucked to the ground... thus its not just the speed but the distance to the ground to see the effect...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 3rd December 2009, 10:14 am

by right all cars should be designed for air to flow slower above than below.

but for fwd car too much downforce at the rear will cause the front to lift, resulting in loss of traction..but again, only evident at high speed.

bodykit and spoiler/wing on forte has no handling enhancemnt and only add weight and look pretty.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 3rd December 2009, 10:18 am

normal street/highway(100kph) driving, don't need downforce la..

want stability can lower the car then CG will be lower, grippy tyres, stabilizer bar depending on driving pattern..

personally feel a rear stabilizer bar and a boot bar made cornering more precise for me as it stiffen up the rear, reducing FWD understeer.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 3rd December 2009, 10:43 pm

Corgel wrote:
omg2doors wrote:oh and by the way..want downforce during high speeds? Can lower the car.

Bernoulli's principle... haha... u really noe ur stuff... However, I believe that only air beneath the car flows faster and not above, thus causing the air pressure below the car to be lower than above...

and about the speeds for this effect to appear? definitely not so high speeds lar... it depends on ur setup... because i've read that u can test Bernoulli's principle by holding a canvas and lower it to the ground then it'll suddenly be sucked to the ground... thus its not just the speed but the distance to the ground to see the effect...

wa.. u guys studying for masters in bernoulli's principle? lol
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 4th December 2009, 2:40 am

I think TS can edit title to bodykit or downforce information.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 4th December 2009, 10:56 am

omg2doors wrote:normal street/highway(100kph) driving, don't need downforce la..

want stability can lower the car then CG will be lower, grippy tyres, stabilizer bar depending on driving pattern..

personally feel a rear stabilizer bar and a boot bar made cornering more precise for me as it stiffen up the rear, reducing FWD understeer.

wat's the difference between a rear stabilizer bar and a boot bar?
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 4th December 2009, 11:01 am

epig wrote:wa.. u guys studying for masters in bernoulli's principle? lol

lol... no lar, cause interested ma... no money to buy fast car so must optimize to make it faster...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 4th December 2009, 2:56 pm

Corgel wrote:
omg2doors wrote:normal street/highway(100kph) driving, don't need downforce la..

wat's the difference between a rear stabilizer bar and a boot bar?

boot bar as the name suggest, it's attached in the boot..rear stabilizer bar is installed at undercarriage linking the rear suspension.

For starters, I would really recommend a rear stabilizer bar (i think also called Anti Roll Bar)..can really feel the rear end tighten up in a corner..i just dekit it from my present car, handling not as tight as before. But it changed my driving style and let me know my car limit in a corner.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by edea_12 5th December 2009, 5:05 pm

Hey guys,
I just received a call from my SE ydae, also say mid-dec likely got shipment coming in. Mine is white Koup, but I am like number 13th or 14th in the queue for white koup so told me depend on the qty for this shipment, will let update me again if i got chance to get my car!
Really playing the waiting game... *yawn*

edea_12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 5th December 2009, 5:06 pm

edea_12 wrote:Hey guys,
I just received a call from my SE ydae, also say mid-dec likely got shipment coming in. Mine is white Koup, but I am like number 13th or 14th in the queue for white koup so told me depend on the qty for this shipment, will let update me again if i got chance to get my car!

when did you place your order?
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by edea_12 5th December 2009, 5:11 pm

I think was early or mid Oct.
Not very hopeful. Don't want to have too high expectation then get disappointed again. Already mentally prepared to only see my new car next year.

edea_12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 5th December 2009, 5:14 pm

my SE lagi best.. keep on saying dun worry dun worry... Sad
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by edea_12 5th December 2009, 5:16 pm

Haha.. dun worry... ur car will be here eventually. just that no one knows when exactly!

edea_12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 5th December 2009, 5:22 pm

yah lor what to do keep on worrying and waiting...from weeks becomes months..become sianz.. hahahaha
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by hellbabe 6th December 2009, 1:46 am

my SE say not sure.. bloody hell.. New shipment information - Page 2 316913
hellbabe
hellbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 6th December 2009, 1:46 am

omg... bernoulli.... spare me man...... wahhhhh...

Corgel wrote:

unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 6th December 2009, 7:48 am

Good good. Very Happy

Mid Dec shipment... Very Happy

Not so hopeful is good....cos I also not hopeful. haha
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 6th December 2009, 7:49 am

kelvin, when did u book ur koup? i book mine on 18th oct..
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 6th December 2009, 7:55 am

omg2doors wrote:kelvin, when did u book ur koup? i book mine on 18th oct..

One day after u New shipment information - Page 2 Icon_bounce
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by AphelioN 6th December 2009, 3:23 pm

Hmm.. I booked mine during the roadshow in early September and my SE promised me that mine would be one of the first few on the road. So I suppose mine should be in that upcoming shipment..... if not.....my SE dont need to wait till 2012 for his/her world to end!!... New shipment information - Page 2 316913 New shipment information - Page 2 316913
AphelioN
AphelioN

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 6th December 2009, 3:27 pm

Well....the longest one person ever waited for a KIA car is six months. Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by AphelioN 6th December 2009, 3:30 pm

NiVleK wrote:Well....the longest one person ever waited for a KIA car is six months. Very Happy

Woah!.. PATIENCE was indeed his/her VIRTUE! New shipment information - Page 2 141836 New shipment information - Page 2 Icon_lol
AphelioN
AphelioN

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 6th December 2009, 6:19 pm

u book in mid oct and number 13th/14th? wah.. then mine is the first 5?? LOL.. sure or nt..
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 6th December 2009, 6:22 pm

Dummyhalf wrote:my SE lagi best.. keep on saying dun worry dun worry... Sad
mine also dun worry dun worry one.. lol.. and at the pt of booking also says will be one of the first to have it.. so i guess one of the first auto one maybe..
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 6th December 2009, 10:23 pm

this is nice... do post pics if avail.. hahha...
AphelioN wrote:Hmm.. I booked mine during the roadshow in early September and my SE promised me that mine would be one of the first few on the road. So I suppose mine should be in that upcoming shipment..... if not.....my SE dont need to wait till 2012 for his/her world to end!!... New shipment information - Page 2 316913 New shipment information - Page 2 316913
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by AphelioN 7th December 2009, 1:48 am

unlimitedz wrote:this is nice... do post pics if avail.. hahha...

AphelioN wrote:Hmm.. I booked mine during the roadshow in early September and my SE promised me that mine would be one of the first few on the road. So I suppose mine should be in that upcoming shipment..... if not.....my SE dont need to wait till 2012 for his/her world to end!!... New shipment information - Page 2 316913 New shipment information - Page 2 316913

Keke, was just kidding... but seriously think I need to give my SE a piece of my mind if my car aint in that shipment cos i was promised to be one of the first few ones on the road when i booked during the roadshow... and maybe, squeeze out more freebies! New shipment information - Page 2 Icon_twisted
AphelioN
AphelioN

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 7th December 2009, 7:23 am

go try and tell me! hahaa
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 7th December 2009, 10:36 am

stupid se promised so much yet cannot deliver.....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by viper007 7th December 2009, 10:51 am

scalar wrote:stupid se promised so much yet cannot deliver.....

haha its all part of the sales talk mah....
anyway they also cannot predict the shipment or how the management handles this... so we can only pray for the best and patiently waiting Razz
viper007
viper007

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 7th December 2009, 11:47 am

haha, tell me abt it.... been playing d waiting game for 2 mths lei....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by apekvespa 17th December 2009, 4:42 pm

Hi guys,.,.,new shipment just arrive yesterday total; of 400++ Kia car arrived in sembawang,.,.,picanto,rio,forte,Koup,
so check with yr SE, this time round got many Koups,,
Got Lime Green have ard 10 pc
the rest spread ard the colour,even those who order the opush start button for their forte, or koup, all arrived yesterday
apekvespa
apekvespa

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 17th December 2009, 4:48 pm

ok.... TOnnes of KOUPS R COMIN IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by daleo 17th December 2009, 6:14 pm

more koups on the roads soon... New shipment information - Page 2 332362
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 17th December 2009, 7:33 pm

yeah... more koups....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by max 18th December 2009, 12:46 am

apekvespa wrote:Hi guys,.,.,new shipment just arrive yesterday total; of 400++ Kia car arrived in sembawang,.,.,picanto,rio,forte,Koup,
so check with yr SE, this time round got many Koups,,
Got Lime Green have ard 10 pc
the rest spread ard the colour,even those who order the opush start button for their forte, or koup, all arrived yesterday

bro u working for c&c ?? or psa ??? Very Happy

max

Back to top Go down

Post by apekvespa 18th December 2009, 9:04 am

i werk for sing & tel heheheheh u noe lah the red side,.,. not the orange or the greennnn hehehhe

hahahahh but i do handle most of the new car.arriving/./in the port,., heheheh New shipment information - Page 2 Icon_smile
apekvespa
apekvespa

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 18th December 2009, 10:12 am

wow, at last someone wif inside info... cool....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by max 18th December 2009, 10:52 am

apekvespa wrote:i werk for sing & tel heheheheh u noe lah the red side,.,. not the orange or the greennnn hehehhe

hahahahh but i do handle most of the new car.arriving/./in the port,., heheheh New shipment information - Page 2 Icon_smile

wow good good ... every month there will be 2 shipment rite ???

max

Back to top Go down

Post by skyalan79 18th December 2009, 11:01 am

My SE Called me up just only. Ask me to go down next week to do up the remaining paper work. And the registeration of car will be 1st week of Jan and collection of MY KOUP will be 2nd week of Jan......
Long wait becomes short wait.......
So Happy......
skyalan79
skyalan79

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 18th December 2009, 11:14 am

congrats bro....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down