Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car

+3
The Blue Cruiser
impact2001
aural
7 posters

Go down

Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 12:23 am

Do you guys find it to be more fuel efficient when cruising?
Dunno how accurate but tonight, when i got 6 pax (inclu driver) on my car and cruising from kallang ecp to Jurong east, the running fuel efficency meter seems to be able to hit better efficiency when cruising compared to when most of the time 1 passenger.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty Re: Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car

Post by impact2001 28th October 2009, 12:25 am

Try driving uphill.. see if still better efficiency or not.. haha.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Empty Re: Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car

Post by The Blue Cruiser 28th October 2009, 12:29 am

aural wrote:Do you guys find it to be more fuel efficient when cruising?
Dunno how accurate but tonight, when i got 6 pax (inclu driver) on my car and cruising from kallang ecp to Jurong east, the running fuel efficency meter seems to be able to hit better efficiency when cruising compared to when most of the time 1 passenger.

for every 45kg, there will be a 2% fall in the FC.

http://sg.drivesmart.yahoo.com/drive-smart/articles/article/14/
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 12:29 am

impact2001 wrote:Try driving uphill.. see if still better efficiency or not.. haha.

Uphill of course cannot lah Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Icon_lol But the momentum in the car seems to carry the car easier at flat ground. Today kenna stuck in the stupid ECP JAM took me one hour from vivo to kallang ECP exit carrying 5 ppl. Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Icon_sad
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 28th October 2009, 12:33 am

maybe its' because it's at night?

night is cool, air intake cooler air, denser, better for combustion.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 12:45 am

omg2doors wrote:maybe its' because it's at night?

night is cool, air intake cooler air, denser, better for combustion.

Not really, but i driven the same direction with 1 passenger and the average cruising FC is around 3.5l to 6.5/ 100km, whereas the cruising seems like hovering around 3.5 to 5.5/100km while on flat road. When hitting slopes on the expressways, of course the max packed passengers time will hit around 8l to 9l/ 100km but only for a short while before the cruising FC dropped again on the upslope.

I guess our engine is really powerful enough and maybe made for an almost packed car?

Just a personal observation today.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 28th October 2009, 12:56 am

bro... better FC means have to reduce weight..

it doesn't work the other way..nothing to do with engine power also.

power to weight ratio.

but no matter what weight ur car is taking, if u are stepping less on pedal, FC will still be great.

Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Icon_razz
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 12:59 am

omg2doors wrote:bro... better FC means have to reduce weight..

it doesn't work the other way..nothing to do with engine power also.

power to weight ratio.

but no matter what weight ur car is taking, if u are stepping less on pedal, FC will still be great.

Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Icon_razz

I also find it weird. Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me lol.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 28th October 2009, 1:08 am

FC got too many factors affecting it..unless maybe u say u put a brick under your accelerator so you can only accelerate this much at any time.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 1:12 am

omg2doors wrote:FC got too many factors affecting it..unless maybe u say u put a brick under your accelerator so you can only accelerate this much at any time.

Not about the acceleration but cruising time, in any case SG hard to cruise even on expressways unless you heng no traffic ahead or not during peak hours. I only notice that i need to press my acclerator "lighter" when my car was already at 90 and maintaining 90 just now. But then logic says dun make sense. Fully loaded car vs 1 passenger car Icon_lol
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 28th October 2009, 1:16 am

i still feel it's cos of effect of night driving which is cooler.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 1:17 am

omg2doors wrote:i still feel it's cos of effect of night driving which is cooler.

I try again soon with 1 passenger same route at night. See the "feel" got different or not.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28th October 2009, 5:48 pm

aural wrote:
omg2doors wrote:i still feel it's cos of effect of night driving which is cooler.

I try again soon with 1 passenger same route at night. See the "feel" got different or not.

bro ever hear of initial energy? maybe thats the cause?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th October 2009, 6:47 pm

For me, late nite driving has that better power feeling.. (as air is cooler.?)

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 28th October 2009, 7:15 pm

yes. universal effect.

this is why there is a mod called 'COLD AIR INTAKE' aka CAI..attempting to get colder air from other areas of engine bay into the intake.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 28th October 2009, 7:25 pm

if you don't mind, downgrade that 17" to 15" super-lightweight rims. expect to shave off about 60 - 70kg weight.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 28th October 2009, 10:30 pm

u wan FC? go make ur car body like golf ball design...
proven in MythBusters. Car with golf ball like surface has more miles to gallon as compared to car with a smooth and shiny surface.

Mythbusters. Season 7 Episode 14
Smile Smile
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 28th October 2009, 10:58 pm