Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim??

+29
vorteckia
Potatoes
rockstar
Forty
Elixir99
Siaoster
kevinhwc
Bed
FriesL
danielg
impact2001
GPon
Divine
jl1500k
Yewcg
keigo
The Blue Cruiser
melburn
amerimacka
kysoong
ctoh
chamot16
pessimizt
JuanST
leedevil
greatgazoo
ace
aural
tish
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you prepared for an accident and its claim??

Post by Potatoes 29th October 2009, 11:18 pm

JuanST wrote:i had one accident in sept 2007, he turned w/o looking and his front hit my side and he claimed that i cut him. how can i cut him when i am on the lane that he is moving into and ahead of him..... anyway he went to a very imaginative workshop which claimed 12K+ for him. until now it is not settled as aig dun wan to pay 12k. aig only want to pay 3k. the funnything is at the time he accepted fault and even say he will honor his words and shake my hand some more. i dunno if he got currupted by the workshop or he is curropted by himself oredi..... sad... these state of affairs.... Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_sad

I had an similar accident yesterday...... very sway! Aiyah... should have read this post carefully....

I was on coming from the side road when a van reverse and hit me on my side (Front).
My front bumper was hit and detached slightly... then this morning, i realsie my front wheel is slight bend and a little out of alignment. At first the guy who drove a van said that he will pay for the damage. This morning he turn his words around and said he is going to report against me.... now saying that i knock him Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 . What in the world is this .... he knocked me! now he says i knock him!
My friend advised me to do insurance claim rather than settle privately. So, I did my claim (AIG) to ensure the other party don't play me out.

Have learnt my lesson now..... Follow the advice given by Tish.....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you prepared for an accident and its claim??

Post by aural 29th October 2009, 11:23 pm

Potatoes wrote:
JuanST wrote:i had one accident in sept 2007, he turned w/o looking and his front hit my side and he claimed that i cut him. how can i cut him when i am on the lane that he is moving into and ahead of him..... anyway he went to a very imaginative workshop which claimed 12K+ for him. until now it is not settled as aig dun wan to pay 12k. aig only want to pay 3k. the funnything is at the time he accepted fault and even say he will honor his words and shake my hand some more. i dunno if he got currupted by the workshop or he is curropted by himself oredi..... sad... these state of affairs.... Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_sad

I had an similar accident yesterday...... very sway! Aiyah... should have read this post carefully....

I was on coming from the side road when a van reverse and hit me on my side (Front).
My front bumper was hit and detached slightly... then this morning, i realsie my front wheel is slight bend and a little out of alignment. At first the guy who drove a van said that he will pay for the damage. This morning he turn his words around and said he is going to report against me.... now saying that i knock him Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 . What in the world is this .... he knocked me! now he says i knock him!
My friend advised me to do insurance claim rather than settle privately. So, I did my claim (AIG) to ensure the other party don't play me out.

Crap. When it comes to money, dun believe. Get everything black and white. Anything that they can go back and think about, will usually end up like this. Sorry to hear about this bro.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 29th October 2009, 11:28 pm

This is my first accident in 12years of driving. Inexperienced.... the guy sounded very genuine mah.... recommended me to go to his friend workshop to fix up my front bumper.... and says he will bear the cost... who knows? he now turns around and say that he will file report to say that i hit him! Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913

Never know in this world have such people!
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 29th October 2009, 11:31 pm

Well i think i put this sticky for everyone reference. Feel free to add in what others thing need to take note when meet an accident.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 30th October 2009, 8:05 am

sometimes when we have accident.... cant really think straight - either too tense or too worried......maybe create a call a fortean system so that someone can think objectively / calmly and can advise accordingly during that chaotic time....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 30th October 2009, 6:37 pm

Potatoes wrote:

sorry to hear that bro,

it good to get a black and white ON THE SPOT of accident and signed by both parties.

now it boils down to the question, what happens if the other party refuse to sign ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 30th October 2009, 6:38 pm

btw potatoes , u work in tuas area ? today along PIE saw a car similar to yours, with the same spoiler
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 31st October 2009, 1:36 am

Siaoster wrote:
Potatoes wrote:

sorry to hear that bro,

it good to get a black and white ON THE SPOT of accident and signed by both parties.

now it boils down to the question, what happens if the other party refuse to sign ?

Siaoster, Thanks for ur advice. I m not working in Tuas..... but I work around serangoon area. U r right to say that a formal statement signed by both parties is important. I doubt the other party will sign .... the other thing is to get a 24 hr motion/video recorder installed, which covers 180 deg angle....it is evidence.

Anyway, I m bringing my car for evaluation and repair. C&C will take abt 4-5 days to complete under carriage job. Est cost is abt $3000 - $4000. Thanks to AIG - they will provide another car for me.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 31st October 2009, 2:49 am

Potatoes wrote:
Siaoster, Thanks for ur advice. I m not working in Tuas..... but I work around serangoon area. U r right to say that a formal statement signed by both parties is important. I doubt the other party will sign .... the other thing is to get a 24 hr motion/video recorder installed, which covers 180 deg angle....it is evidence.

Anyway, I m bringing my car for evaluation and repair. C&C will take abt 4-5 days to complete under carriage job. Est cost is abt $3000 - $4000. Thanks to AIG - they will provide another car for me.

One thing about claiming insurance, we do our part to write and sign but can also add in that the other party is not co-operative and did not want to sign or write the statement on the spot. Hope your car can settle soon. I understand the feeling of that as i also kenna one but is my fault last yr.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 31st October 2009, 8:28 am

In the event that the other party refuse to sign, shd the initiated party of the form call tp n report hit n run?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 31st October 2009, 8:41 am

Siaoster wrote:In the event that the other party refuse to sign, shd the initiated party of the form call tp n report hit n run?

No need to, not signing is not a case of hit and run. But it's more of a case where the other party has more to hide. The reason why the SAS form was designed was to prevent drivers to cook up stories after going home and think about it or after assessing the situation with other friends. So state in the form the date and time and that the other party refuse to sign the form even though he agrees its his fault.

In the SAS form, there is a column for witness also. At least it is more systematic. Kenna accident sure blur one. Need to follow a system so that wont be so blur.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 1st November 2009, 7:36 am

After my accident last Wed, I think I have done the right thing.... to claim from my insurance AIG.... the only problem now is the other party .... he is so unkind and unreasonable (reverse and knock me) now wants to claim against me! Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 This guy is really a bully... my wife says ignore him... he will get his retribution one day!

Just send in my Forte for insurance evaluation and repair. Got a courtesy car (Old Cerato) in the meantime.

Lesson learnt.... need to be more alert of stationary verhicles and need to install 24h motion camera to show evidence.....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 1st November 2009, 10:48 am

Potatoes wrote:After my accident last Wed, I think I have done the right thing.... to claim from my insurance AIG.... the only problem now is the other party .... he is so unkind and unreasonable (reverse and knock me) now wants to claim against me! Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 This guy is really a bully... my wife says ignore him... he will get his retribution one day!

Just send in my Forte for insurance evaluation and repair. Got a courtesy car (Old Cerato) in the meantime.

Lesson learnt.... need to be more alert of stationary verhicles and need to install 24h motion camera to show evidence.....

Stationary vehicle, and also doors opening from stationary vehicles too.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 2nd November 2009, 2:10 pm

Potatoes wrote:After my accident last Wed, I think I have done the right thing.... to claim from my insurance AIG.... the only problem now is the other party .... he is so unkind and unreasonable (reverse and knock me) now wants to claim against me! Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 This guy is really a bully... my wife says ignore him... he will get his retribution one day!

AIG claim assessor may call you and you can also explain in person over the phone. Yeah, van driver are quite a bully. I remember once I was following behind a van in MSCP. The van suddenly jam break. Without signal, he suddenly just step and reverse. I horn at him and he ignored and didn't slow down and continue to reverse fast. Luckily I don't follow him closely and got reaction time for me to reverse also. Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 He later get out of his van like nothing happen! Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 7th November 2009, 4:07 pm

Potatoes wrote:

Installed camera doesn't mean will guarantee u safe.. Some cameras doesn't work well for night vision one..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by vorteckia 11th December 2009, 9:13 am

hi bros, got into a side accident with a lorry and now the case closed cos the lorry driver's boss arranged for me to repair my car at his selected workshop at his own cost. i actually have a letter signed by the driver admitting his mistake on the spot, and now i kinda regret not sending in for insurance claims(AIG).just wanna check, if i send for insurance assessment, must i definitely do my repairs at C&C? what if i bring it out for repairs(like say go to tt guy's workshop), will it affect my warranty? also, can i check with u guys, when the foot brake/button central lock is activated, can the front passenger door be opened straight by pulling the handle? or must we flipped the lock button then can open. i kinda forgot liao, but i tout must flip the lock button first, at least thats true for the back passenger doors.please advise, thanks!

vorteckia

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 11th December 2009, 9:26 am

This is a clear case that the person is at fault and do not want his NCD to be affected.

By going out to do your repairs does affect your warranty. This may have nothing to do with your insurance but you could insist that you want to bring it to C&C to do the repair since it is a relatively new car.

You do not need to bring to C&C but will be good to do that as mentioned above.

The rest of the stuff i dunno already. I only know after central lock, from inside my passenger can open but not from outside. The rear doors not too sure.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by vorteckia 11th December 2009, 11:02 am

thanks for your reply bro. i forgot to add that i had eyewitnesses too, the lorry swerved out into my lane without any signallingor indication(just last minute after i passed him BAMM) becos he wanted to overtake the rubbish truck infront of him. hence even the rubbish truck guys got off and were on my side. the thing is,the repair is not done to my standards, i.e, the knocking of the door is not perfect(the outline of the door),interior of the door has paint chipped(which i tink they lazy nver spray), and the door now has a weird metal sound when i open it(not the firm sound unlike other doors). the trouble is, my dad din want to report the case to AIG because he says he doesnt want to pay out of his own pocket first, since the guy already admitted and will pay if we go to his workshop. i tink its too late by now to make any claims, but since i have my own car as well(the guy banged my dad's car when i was drivin it), i wanna learn from my experience if *touchwood* such things happen again Razz

vorteckia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 12th December 2009, 11:08 pm

If you are claiming Own Damage through your insurance, then you must go to AIG Authorised workshop. C&C is 1 of the workshops. If you are claiming 3rd party, you can go to any preferred workshop.

Usually car repair workshop will give their own warranty. If you are not happy with their workmanship, you can go back to them and demand to make good. However, I suspect the driver's boss is trying to cut cost. So the poor workmanship may be due to the price the boss is willing to pay......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th December 2009, 11:16 pm

i dun know what ur recourse is but did u sign or agree anything that is written that would allow the boss of that lorry driver to say that he has already done his part for u?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Evian3639 23rd January 2010, 4:01 pm

Hi bros and sista,

3 days ago, I was driving my friends car and was park stationary at a
parallel lot. There was a car behind me when the car was moving out of
the lot it had a slight bump.

But no dent on both car with
slight scratches so I ask the driver to compensate me $100 for me to
pay for my friend's car damages.

And i only got the driver phone
number and car plate number, i just left without taking his NRIC Name,
Address and insurer details.

I never even take pictures of the car conditions, now the driver is not picking up my calls.

What can I do next? Will I still be able to ask my friend to claim? help!!!!

Evian3639

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 24th January 2010, 5:19 pm

Evian3639 wrote:Hi bros and sista,

3 days ago, I was driving my friends car and was park stationary at a
parallel lot. There was a car behind me when the car was moving out of
the lot it had a slight bump.

But no dent on both car with
slight scratches so I ask the driver to compensate me $100 for me to
pay for my friend's car damages.

And i only got the driver phone
number and car plate number, i just left without taking his NRIC Name,
Address and insurer details.

I never even take pictures of the car conditions, now the driver is not picking up my calls.

What can I do next? Will I still be able to ask my friend to claim? help!!!!

Hi,

Sorry, I don't quite understand. You already ask the other party to pay $100 and he already paid. What do you intend to do next? Now your friend want to twist around and claim insurance? Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 4th February 2010, 1:30 am

KNS.... today at 11.20pm along CTE AMK damn taxi SH2208M (black color type) slammed into my beloved car's rear. as the extreme left lane is under some road works, the front 2 vehicles slowed down and jammed brake. I saw this happening and stopped my car abt half a body length from the front car and told myself Heng AH... then i heard tyre screeching sound and "BANG" this clown slammed into me.

He Had a passenger with him and refuse to show me his NRIC/driver's license. As no injury, no police report made. Damn passenger also keep pestering him telling she wanna take another cab if we take long to settle. The taxi driver under pressure and ask me take down his car number plate and he wanna go.

I argued with him and pressured him for a while then he reluctantly write his NRIC number on a piece of paper and give it to me. Ask me go claim his insurance since i have his car number plate.

I called AIG & they asked me call C&C... NBZ.... tmr morning will go C&C for repair.

Any bro can advise if the taxi has the right to claim me for anything??? he slammed my car's rear so is a straight forward case rite? I am afraid he roti prata his words... affraid

How long will the claim take and if I will be compensated for loss of use of car, take leave to repair car and other costs incurred?

Si Aay sian, CNY coming happy happy then kena this... pale
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 4th February 2010, 1:55 am

The Damages and the Culprit... Though not very severe but the feeling sucks!!!!!!

The boot is out of alignment on the left.

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Dsc00114 Sad
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 4th February 2010, 1:57 am

The slight dent and chip off

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Dsc00115 Sad
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 4th February 2010, 1:59 am

The right hand rear wheel side fender out of alignment due to the impact..

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Dsc00116[b] Crying or Very sad
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 4th February 2010, 2:00 am

The bumper.... sob sob sob Sad

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Dsc00117
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 4th February 2010, 2:01 am

The culprit..... mad mad mad and Bo tai Ji even more mad

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Dsc00118
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 4th February 2010, 2:04 am

Hopefully 4D open my car number in reverse order to sooth my pain....

At least our beloved Forte is SOLID!!!!

Twisted Evil
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 4th February 2010, 5:24 am

Sorry to hear about your situtationa

Like what bro Siaster mentioned in this thread - it is always good to get a black and white ON THE SPOT of accident and signed by both parties as evidence.

You probably get a different story after that.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 4th February 2010, 12:42 pm

pain bro.... 3rd party claim.... pls update what cnc/aig tell u.... Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_cry
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 4th February 2010, 2:30 pm

did u take a photo of the position of the 2 cars? from the photos here cannot see who hit who leh...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 4th February 2010, 2:49 pm

Yah, did you take any photo with the 2 cars' final position ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 5th February 2010, 1:50 am

my bad....i did not take any photo with the 2 cars' final position!!! affraid
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 5th February 2010, 8:07 am

Oh my......hope everything goes well with your claims.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 5th February 2010, 8:13 am

Dun think is a big problem in the claims. One front and one Back. Not like side ways or such.

Usually Taxis wont want to write anything. Most prob they will claim you ebrake too suddenly at most.

If you worry that the claims might go wrong and you may end up having to pay your own damages, claim via your own plan then inform AIG that you want them go claim against him as it is his fault.

Otherwise you can claim 3rd party directly.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 8th February 2010, 6:08 pm

jst received the car insurance offical documents for AIG.
Came across this on the top page:

What to do in the event of an accident:
keep calm...
DO NOT ADMIT OR DISCUSS FAULT OR BLAME

wah, really ah, so AIG wants everyone to act blur isit?
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 8th February 2010, 6:19 pm

Meaning just take picture and exchange particulars and move off ? Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_mad
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 9th February 2010, 8:01 am

leave evrything to them.... then they will screw u.....bear in mind, they just want ur money.... nothing else.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 12th February 2010, 12:43 am

C&C hopeless, end up i gotta go find out the taxi's insurer for them to file a 3rd party claim direct...... Crying or Very sad

I am speechless..... as my car is still not fixed. Called and ask, now say waiting for the insurer to assess the damage before can repair wor....

blah blah blah....
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th February 2010, 8:19 am

Sorry to hear your predicament with C&C.
So did you managed to do full claim on the taxi ?
Hope everything goes well for you bro.

And most importantly, have a Joyous Lunar New Year !
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th February 2010, 8:26 am

as expected from 2 top class service providers...... Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 332362
cnc wont fix it until the other party agree to pay...
aig wont touch it as it does not affect their moollah....
so sorry to tell u this... u might end up waiting for long long.....

then they pressure u to claim first OD..... Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_evil
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th February 2010, 8:30 am

Is this due to claiming 3rd party ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th February 2010, 9:32 am

yup....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 12th February 2010, 9:41 am

Wow, sounds bad.
Anyways, is this the procedure to do during accident:
1) Take down IC of other driver
2) Take as many picture as possible
3) If private settlement, make sure other party sign the necessary form
4) If claim insurance (call AIG or C&C) ?

Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 13th February 2010, 2:03 am

Elixir99 wrote:C&C hopeless, end up i gotta go find out the taxi's insurer for them to file a 3rd party claim direct...... Crying or Very sad

I am speechless..... as my car is still not fixed. Called and ask, now say waiting for the insurer to assess the damage before can repair wor....

blah blah blah....

It could be due to CNY and C&C short of manpower. So your car is being KIV. Just took too long to admit a 3rd party claim. Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 Demand to have a replacement car to drive as now is claiming under 3rd party.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 13th February 2010, 11:00 am

Bed wrote:
Elixir99 wrote:C&C hopeless, end up i gotta go find out the taxi's insurer for them to file a 3rd party claim direct...... Crying or Very sad

blah blah blah....

It could be due to CNY and C&C short of manpower. So your car is being KIV. Just took too long to admit a 3rd party claim. Are you prepared for an accident and its claim?? - Page 2 316913 Demand to have a replacement car to drive as now is claiming under 3rd party.

wont work.....replacement car will only be given if u OD or the 3rd party agree to pay....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 13th February 2010, 11:35 am

No worries. 3rd party claim the 3rd party insurer LL also got to provide replacement car. OD will be more worrying as you may not be covered with replacement car by your insurer. The only worry now is the replacement car provider is close due to CNY. Then demand to be paid in cash.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 18th February 2010, 1:41 am

After much self help, i finally can claim 3rd party liao.... luckily the taxi driver did not act blur and turn around his words.

Sent my car for repair yesterday liao but C&C told me need 3 days wor so i expect it to be done by this friday. hopefully C&C dun chu pattern again....

Lesson learned, gotta pester C&C till they "hate" ur call., then things will work faster. Twisted Evil
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 18th February 2010, 1:43 am

Forget to say this to all fellow fortians that shared their experiences and advice, THANK YOU!!! Smile

New YEAR DUA HUAT AH!!!! Very Happy
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next