Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Re: Zee zee sound Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Re: Zee zee sound Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Re: Zee zee sound Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Re: Zee zee sound Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Re: Zee zee sound Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Re: Zee zee sound Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Re: Zee zee sound Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Re: Zee zee sound Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Re: Zee zee sound Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Re: Zee zee sound

+19
junming
ace
Terrier
cpt_zr
my_motor
Kboy
nothing
kenincf
ck7373
Divine
scorpey
brian
joepele
kenneth
Cypher
Fransge
waypoint
koayst
dipstick
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Re: Zee zee sound Empty Re: Zee zee sound

Post by dipstick 3rd August 2009, 7:09 pm

Has anyone successfully got the zee zee sound problem rectified? Tks.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Re: Zee zee sound Empty Re: Re: Zee zee sound

Post by koayst 3rd August 2009, 7:16 pm

Where did u hear the sound ?

I heard it from the side door near the driver seat.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 3rd August 2009, 7:21 pm

koayst wrote:Where did u hear the sound ?

I heard it from the side door near the driver seat.

Yup, it's from the driver's side door region. Can't pinpoint the exact source of the sound cos my old ear drums already cmi............ Very Happy

Seems to be a common prob. Can anyone shed some light on this?

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 3rd August 2009, 9:16 pm

I heard the "zee zee" sound when I travels 80 km/h and above.

Anybody got such experience and shed some light on this ?

Sound like "something" is discharging.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 3rd August 2009, 9:59 pm

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 3rd August 2009, 10:17 pm

This noise is kind of mystery to me ...

Only when I travel 80 km/h then I noticed it.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 3rd August 2009, 10:34 pm

koayst wrote:This noise is kind of mystery to me ...

Only when I travel 80 km/h then I noticed it.

Hi Koayst, i assume that u r driving a manual, this zee zee sound is nothing wrong, its just that the engine having 4 valves, they will open & close the last valve at the specific speed. my swift manual also have this sound, & its quite unique, it only happens when u hit 80km on yr odo & reduce to 75-70km, then the sound will appear. just relax, its really normal due to the CVVT engine, CVVT = "continuously variable valve timing"

Refer below. Smile

CVVT- Continuously Variable Valve Timing

• The double overhead camshafts feature CVVT- Continuously Variable Valve Timing- in order to optimize combustion and improve emission levels. This means that both the cylinder head and the camshaft bearing housing have been redesigned for CVVT.

The CVVT System Is Used In Two Different Ways

• On the normally-aspirated engine versions, it works on the inlet cam in order to improve low-end torque and driving characteristics.

• On the Volvo S80 T-6 version, it operates on the exhaust cam in order to cut emission levels still further, especially during cold starts.

• CVVT is based on the principle, using the engine's oil flow, that the engine changes the position of the camshafts in relation to the valves by means of a hydraulic control valve.

• The opening and closing of the valves is adjusted depending on the situation (engine load, engine speed and so on). No matter whether it is intended to control the inlet valve timing or discharge the exhaust gases at exactly the right moment in the combustion process in order to reduce the HC content, CVVT improves the overall characteristics of the engine by improving driving characteristics and reducing emissions.

• While we are on the subject of emissions, the emission control system in the Volvo S80 T6 features twin catalytic converters, one for each set of three cylinders. Each of these catalytic converters has twin oxygen (Lambda) sensors.

• One of them is located in front of the catalytic converter to provide information about the oxygen content of the exhaust gases. The other is positioned behind the catalytic converter, thereby making it possible to control the emissions with greater precision.

• The cams are driven by toothed belt for a long and trouble-free service life with accurate and quiet operation. They have plastic covers with rubber cushioning between them to counteract noise emissions and prevent the covers from rattling.
3 years ago thumbsup

Happy driving tongue
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 3rd August 2009, 11:02 pm

Bro ,this sound nothing to do with engine. Confirmed sound originate from driver side door only.

My thoughts, something to do with the waterproof plastic. When wind blow over it will likely make that sound or really wire arcing sound.. scratch
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 3rd August 2009, 11:16 pm

I too do not think it has anything to do with the engine. Most likely it's from the driver's door region. Looks like nobody with this prob has got it rectified by CnC.......

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 3rd August 2009, 11:27 pm

i also have that sound from the door. by the way i drive SX(A)

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 3rd August 2009, 11:36 pm

When I was folling around with ICE, there was this problem called Aeroplane sound... not sure if that is what you heard...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 3rd August 2009, 11:39 pm

joepele wrote:When I was folling around with ICE, there was this problem called Aeroplane sound... not sure if that is what you heard...

Aeroplane sound cause by amp wiring.... When you press accelerator the sound will follow suit... Nope not aeroplane sound..
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by brian 4th August 2009, 9:20 am

Had been arriving for 3 mths. I only heard the sound once and after that never hear it again. It's a mystery to me.
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 4th August 2009, 2:25 pm

coming from the side mirror (right side) for mine case.. definitely caused by wind.. ya.. only heard this when around 80kph.. if air-con enviroment gotto off radio den can hear.. if u wind down window very loud.. funny thing is the sound is on and off.. anyway will be going servicing next sat.. going to highlight this...
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 4th August 2009, 2:29 pm

scorpey wrote:coming from the side mirror (right side) for mine case.. definitely caused by wind.. ya.. only heard this when around 80kph.. if air-con enviroment gotto off radio den can hear.. if u wind down window very loud.. funny thing is the sound is on and off.. anyway will be going servicing next sat.. going to highlight this...
i second this its from the side mirrors try closing ur mirrors when ur drive at 80 if its gone then its the mirrors
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 4th August 2009, 5:45 pm

scorpey wrote:coming from the side mirror (right side) for mine case.. definitely caused by wind.. ya.. only heard this when around 80kph.. if air-con enviroment gotto off radio den can hear.. if u wind down window very loud.. funny thing is the sound is on and off.. anyway will be going servicing next sat.. going to highlight this...

Ya, the sound is on and off. Sounds like a bee trapped inside the tweeter housing. Maybe the prob is related to the wiring of the tweeter.

Scorpey, keep us posted after your servicing next sat. tks.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 4th August 2009, 8:50 pm

This seems to be an elusive problem. Today I drove pass 80 km/h for a while and didn't hear the "zee zee" sound coming from side door near driver's seat. I don't know why as I didn't fix anything. Sometimes I hear the "zee zee" sound coming from the side door at driver's seat.

I also reported this problem sometimes back.

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/driver-side-window-sound-t882.htm#37313

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 6th August 2009, 9:41 am

i think must have certain condition den the sound appears.. i.e. speed, enough wind to form the dragging effect on the side mirror.. anyway i am overseas now.. going servicing next sat.. will update u guys.. but i doubt they can do much... Sad
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 6th August 2009, 1:25 pm

The zee zee sound may be caused by the side-mirror adjustment switch or the window adjustment switch not disengaging properly.

I moved the side-mirror switch (the nipple-like button) to the left, right and then back to neutral position. I then gave it a light tap with my index finger.

I did the same for the window adjustment switch. Moved it up and down and I also gave it a light tap.

I have not experienced the zee zee sound since yesterday. Hopefully have solved the prob. Later on I am going to spray a bit of WD40 into those switches and monitor.........

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 6th August 2009, 5:43 pm

dipstick wrote:The zee zee sound may be caused by the side-mirror adjustment switch or the window adjustment switch not disengaging properly.

I moved the side-mirror switch (the nipple-like button) to the left, right and then back to neutral position. I then gave it a light tap with my index finger.

I did the same for the window adjustment switch. Moved it up and down and I also gave it a light tap.

I have not experienced the zee zee sound since yesterday. Hopefully have solved the prob. Later on I am going to spray a bit of WD40 into those switches and monitor.........

err... i think urs is a different zeeing eh.. Razz cos wad im facing is sound coming from outside.. not within the interior compartment.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 6th August 2009, 9:07 pm

dipstick wrote:The zee zee sound may be caused by the side-mirror adjustment switch or the window adjustment switch not disengaging properly.

My zee zee sound seems to come from the window switches too. IMHO, can use contact cleaner rather than WD40.. tongue
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 6th August 2009, 10:09 pm

My driver door also got this zee zee sound too. But seem to be caused by the speaker system as when i mute the system, the zee zee sound gone.....time to check at cnc at next servicing.....
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 6th August 2009, 10:19 pm

Aeroplane sound.

Anyone wanna DIY to change the stock speaker cables to shielded ones.

Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 6th August 2009, 10:44 pm

joepele wrote:Aeroplane sound.

Anyone wanna DIY to change the stock speaker cables to shielded ones.

Smile

Bro, very rare for low level output from HU to speaker produce aeroplane sound. Better ask for second opinion...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 6th August 2009, 10:53 pm

dipstick wrote:Has anyone successfully got the zee zee sound problem rectified? Tks.

I had it on my ride.

That is the sound of bee trapped inside the driver's door panel right? It only appears when you accelerate and when you drive at high speed right?

I asked CnC to rectify it during my 1st servicing. But then, the sound was still there.

So I called up CnC again and sent my ride back to them two weeks later. After second attempt, they managed to remove the sound. Since then, I have not heard of that annoying sound anymore. Very Happy
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 6th August 2009, 10:56 pm

kenincf wrote:
dipstick wrote:Has anyone successfully got the zee zee sound problem rectified? Tks.

I had it on my ride.

That is the sound of bee trapped inside the driver's door panel right? It only appears when you accelerate and when you drive at high speed right?

I asked CnC to rectify it during my 1st servicing. But then, the sound was still there.

So I called up CnC again and sent my ride back to them two weeks later. After second attempt, they managed to remove the sound. Since then, I have not heard of that annoying sound anymore. Very Happy

So what did they do to rectify this problem?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 6th August 2009, 11:02 pm

Cypher wrote:

So what did they do to rectify this problem?

They claimed that they have removed the door panel, unscrewed everything, then re-screwed everything back. Shocked
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 16th August 2009, 10:59 am

ok guys, here's the update after i highlight the problem during my 1k servicing.. register the hissing sound coming from right side mirror when i sent in the car.. the guy told me they will check on it.. 3 hrs later.. they told me that they will replace the side mirror for me foc but gotto order the part first.. therefore need to go back another time.. sian 1/2.. a senior guy explain tat the car is still new and parts nos. not properly establish yet so gotto order for replacement..
anyway, its comfirm the high pitch sound is from the side mirror.. i did a "test" last nite too.. while at 80kph at PIE, i lower the window and bend in the rt side mirror.. the sound stopped immediately.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 17th August 2009, 5:50 pm

scorpey wrote:ok guys, here's the update after i highlight the problem during my 1k servicing.. register the hissing sound coming from right side mirror when i sent in the car.. the guy told me they will check on it.. 3 hrs later.. they told me that they will replace the side mirror for me foc but gotto order the part first.. therefore need to go back another time.. sian 1/2.. a senior guy explain tat the car is still new and parts nos. not properly establish yet so gotto order for replacement..
anyway, its comfirm the high pitch sound is from the side mirror.. i did a "test" last nite too.. while at 80kph at PIE, i lower the window and bend in the rt side mirror.. the sound stopped immediately.. Smile

If the high pitch sound is caused by wind flowing around the side mirror at high speed, replacing the side mirror with another one of the same design/shape and size isn't going to resolve the prob... Question Question

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th August 2009, 6:20 pm

it may be due to particular case, as for me no zee zee sound detected even at high speed....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st August 2009, 5:55 pm

i am not sure whether after changing the side mirror, the hissing sound will come back anot.. but it seems like this hissing sound only affect some owners.. hence, it replacement might works.. anyway it's foc and i have to do my bushing too so no harm trying.. if it comes back.. complaint again next servicing.. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kboy 21st August 2009, 6:33 pm

i also have the zee zee sound but mine is more "mechanical", some kind of vibration of loose parts when it hits resonance. press on the door plastic area will make it disappear. I suspect some loose item inside or something not tightly secured. Will feedback to them when send in for 10k servicing next week. may be should insist that they dismantle and assemble the door panel back to see what happen.

Kboy

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 22nd August 2009, 10:27 am

Kboy wrote:i also have the zee zee sound but mine is more "mechanical", some kind of vibration of loose parts when it hits resonance. press on the door plastic area will make it disappear. I suspect some loose item inside or something not tightly secured. Will feedback to them when send in for 10k servicing next week. may be should insist that they dismantle and assemble the door panel back to see what happen.

i think one guy oso got similar problem like urs.. he said after his feedback during servcing.. they opened up everything for the door panel n fixed back again.. the sound gone.. maybe some loose parts lor.. but mine isn't inside.. sound coming from outside.. a "whistling" side mirror.. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 30th August 2009, 11:04 am

well.. the zee zee sound still not solved after replacing a new side mirror.. im going to complaint again n let them look into the problem again.. i find its pretty irritating while driving esp during window down.. oso have a new metal knocking sound after engine off.. probably gotto make a trip to cnc again..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 30th August 2009, 11:45 am

scorpey wrote:well.. the zee zee sound still not solved after replacing a new side mirror.. im going to complaint again n let them look into the problem again.. i find its pretty irritating while driving esp during window down.. oso have a new metal knocking sound after engine off.. probably gotto make a trip to cnc again..

metal knocking sound after engine off... is it heat contraction from engine area

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 30th August 2009, 12:03 pm

my_motor wrote:
scorpey wrote:well.. the zee zee sound still not solved after replacing a new side mirror.. im going to complaint again n let them look into the problem again.. i find its pretty irritating while driving esp during window down.. oso have a new metal knocking sound after engine off.. probably gotto make a trip to cnc again..

metal knocking sound after engine off... is it heat contraction from engine area

not sure.. but if heat contraction shd hv it since day 1.. thing is i only hear this pass 2 days..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 30th August 2009, 12:19 pm

scorpey wrote:
my_motor wrote:

not sure.. but if heat contraction shd hv it since day 1.. thing is i only hear this pass 2 days..

will CNC charge servicing fee if go to them ?

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 30th August 2009, 12:32 pm

so long its under warranty, it FOC.. they changed new side mirror n replace the bushing for knocking sound over hump for me.. all Free.. got complimentary car wash too Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 1st December 2009, 11:11 pm

hahah i had this problem too! but it comes and go..

i am pretty sure it came from the door pillars section. u know the place where our seat belt is adjustable for the height. i am sure the sound is from there...

i thought it was some fly flying inside... but i hit n knock... then sometime will have some time wont have leh. so any one?
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 2nd December 2009, 8:59 am

I agree with cpt_zr, I also notice that sound is come from the driver side pillar cause when driving i lean toward my ear to the pillar the sound is very obvious

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 2nd December 2009, 9:22 am

did both of u installed visor??

Visor is one of the cause for wind trap when traveling high speed..

like what u say.. problems comes and go.. because when u travel low speed.. the wind trapped force is not that strong to create that sound.. till u travel at high speed.. then the sound get louder..

personally tested with another bro.. mine is with visor.. his w/o visor.. im traveling from 80km/hr onwards will start to hear wind trap sound while his travel 110km/hr+ onwards then will start hearing it..

to prevent this wind trap sound.. of coz there's a solution.. =)

get a 3M door seal but this cost more exp cause of the brand 3M.. I have another cheap lobang but yet to try as I dont find it a need since I on my radio slightly louder to avoid the wind sound..

PM me.. so i can share the local supplier that does this.. but after tested please review lolz.. want to know aso =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 2nd December 2009, 9:42 am

kenneth wrote:I agree with cpt_zr, I also notice that sound is come from the driver side pillar cause when driving i lean toward my ear to the pillar the sound is very obvious

try lowering ur window while u driving (maintain the speed if possible) n see if the sound is really from the pillar.. or from ur side mirror.. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 2nd December 2009, 10:22 pm

Terrier wrote:did both of u installed visor??

Visor is one of the cause for wind trap when traveling high speed..

like what u say.. problems comes and go.. because when u travel low speed.. the wind trapped force is not that strong to create that sound.. till u travel at high speed.. then the sound get louder..

personally tested with another bro.. mine is with visor.. his w/o visor.. im traveling from 80km/hr onwards will start to hear wind trap sound while his travel 110km/hr+ onwards then will start hearing it..

to prevent this wind trap sound.. of coz there's a solution.. =)

get a 3M door seal but this cost more exp cause of the brand 3M.. I have another cheap lobang but yet to try as I dont find it a need since I on my radio slightly louder to avoid the wind sound..

PM me.. so i can share the local supplier that does this.. but after tested please review lolz.. want to know aso =)

scorpey wrote:
kenneth wrote:I agree with cpt_zr, I also notice that sound is come from the driver side pillar cause when driving i lean toward my ear to the pillar the sound is very obvious

try lowering ur window while u driving (maintain the speed if possible) n see if the sound is really from the pillar.. or from ur side mirror.. Razz

nope my car is stock to the MAX! no visor no nuts.

but the sound hor is RANDOM ONE. not like high speed or what not.

move off sometime have... sometimes not. cruising sometimes have sometimes not. bit irritating.
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 2nd December 2009, 11:14 pm

yah me too. Stock haven't do anything to my car yet. no visor. I notice the sound comes only during the road condition is uneven

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 2nd December 2009, 11:36 pm

mm.. seems like the sound we experiencing is quite different.. anyway i got this sound in stock condition too w/o visor.. but for my case its confirm coming from side mirror during 80kph n above lor.. its caused by passing wind thr the gap of the side mirror.. hope can resolve next servicing..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 2nd December 2009, 11:43 pm

Have the same whistling sound from the right side mirror as well....it's not loud... and I reckon it the wind passing through some tiny gap...

I'm not going to worry about it for the time being as the stories of techicians taking apart things and putting back again causing other problems is much more difficult to take.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 3rd December 2009, 12:01 am

bros i know where the sounds come from. i am sure that those bro that encounter this is problem have a crack windscreen replacement done before. all car that did replacement windscreen will have this pro.. i mean all model.
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 3rd December 2009, 7:47 am

junming wrote:bros i know where the sounds come from. i am sure that those bro that encounter this is problem have a crack windscreen replacement done before. all car that did replacement windscreen will have this pro.. i mean all model.

not true, mine 2nd replacements but never ever hear the sound before.......
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 3rd December 2009, 8:02 am

zee zee sound from replacement windscreen? darn... must go hear hear check check liao... Re: Zee zee sound Icon_sad
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 3rd December 2009, 9:18 am

junming wrote:bros i know where the sounds come from. i am sure that those bro that encounter this is problem have a crack windscreen replacement done before. all car that did replacement windscreen will have this pro.. i mean all model.

Don;t have leh. I don't have windscreen replacement i also got that sound

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next