Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent

+13
brian
ong
newsman
arkaraka
Fortec
saturnz^83
lukester
FriesL
Korean
jl1500k
astroboy28
melburn
muff
17 posters

Go down

COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent

Post by muff 28th July 2009, 7:43 pm

In ST today.........COE quota is expected to shrink between 10% to 20% from Oct onwards......this is due to fewer cars being scrapped in the last 6 months (Jan-Jun)....and that's not all, quota could be further squeezed when a new way of calculating each year quota is adopted, after a review of the formula by the LTA......the supply of COE for this FY is already 24% smaller than last FY......

Motor traders expect COE prices to continue to rise........

The highest COE price of 104K was recorded in late 1997 (or was it early 1998)......will the record be broken with the reduced COE quota and if our economy can really rocket up ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty Re: COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent

Post by melburn 28th July 2009, 7:57 pm

I think nw alrdy quite a lot of ppl hold back their plans on buying car liao.

If hit 30k i think the SEs will eat grass alrdy. Razz
Dun even dare to tink about 100k....
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent Empty Re: COE Quota to shrink between 10 to 20 percent

Post by astroboy28 28th July 2009, 8:46 pm

i tink mostly will only raise to 20k to 30k lor.. every tink is raising. fuel price, ERP, etc.. if paying for e car insurance itslf cost 700 to 800. ppl like me will nt b able to afford liao
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 28th July 2009, 9:00 pm

Fewer cars being scrapped for past few years was due many pp go for 10 years loan and little downpayment. Like that how to scrap and have to drive till 10 years. Because still own bank money if car loan is 10 years.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th July 2009, 9:24 pm

jl1500k wrote:Fewer cars being scrapped for past few years was due many pp go for 10 years loan and little downpayment. Like that how to scrap and have to drive till 10 years. Because still own bank money if car loan is 10 years.

Thats why I think COE quota will continue to shrink.......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Korean 28th July 2009, 10:04 pm

What goes up must come down!!!
Yes!!! It will raise for a while and will eventually down to a saturation point.

Korean

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 28th July 2009, 10:16 pm

Korean wrote:What goes up must come down!!!
Yes!!! It will raise for a while and will eventually down to a saturation point.

Wow must come down! unless you can control the COE lor.... Laughing
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th July 2009, 10:28 pm

Wah.... eventually is how gov want to control.. COE is just 1 avenue.. bear in mind that gov is persuading people to use public transport.. so... good luck to us all... Wink

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th July 2009, 9:40 am

COE one avenue? I think is one big revenue.
haha.

cannot persuade me lah, take public transport way too cramp.

frequency is too long, they can never do under 2 mins for each interval of train to come.

very bad planning... why build circle line to fit only yesterday's population? 3 carriages is a joke. when the whole circle line opens we will see how crowded it will be again.

anyway lots of us got cheap COE, so good on us! thumbsup
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th July 2009, 9:52 am

FriesL wrote:Wah.... eventually is how gov want to control.. COE is just 1 avenue.. bear in mind that gov is persuading people to use public transport.. so... good luck to us all... Wink

Public transport? No way bro..keke...got sick and tired of it liao..before i hv my Forte, i tk public transport and that was hell! Everyday have to rush for time and squeeze for space with other people in bus or MRT!! Moreover still hv to stand throughout the journey!Rainy days even worse..
got car different story liao..even if jam also nvm..can sit in the car and listen to music..songz songz..keke Smile
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 29th July 2009, 12:22 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
FriesL wrote:Wah.... eventually is how gov want to control.. COE is just 1 avenue.. bear in mind that gov is persuading people to use public transport.. so... good luck to us all... Wink

Public transport? No way bro..keke...got sick and tired of it liao..before i hv my Forte, i tk public transport and that was hell! Everyday have to rush for time and squeeze for space with other people in bus or MRT!! Moreover still hv to stand throughout the journey!Rainy days even worse..
got car different story liao..even if jam also nvm..can sit in the car and listen to music..songz songz..keke Smile

You guys are very fortunate lor can effort a car. There are many pp out there taking the world class public transport.

I believe many pp who start own car will never go back to public transport. Because of the luxury and poison by the car. Twisted Evil
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th July 2009, 12:31 pm

jl1500k wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

You guys are very fortunate lor can effort a car. There are many pp out there taking the world class public transport.

I believe many pp who start own car will never go back to public transport. Because of the luxury and poison by the car. Twisted Evil

I sold my previous vehicle and took pubic transport for 3years plus coz I don't need a car and I was single then. Now got wife and work requirements, wanted a cheap car and Forte juz happen to be released, just nice the COE also quite low. Nice looks, cheap on the pocket and good features with decent FC.

Alot of PI will be forced out of biz by the goverment next COE quota cut. Maybe the goverment got something going on with the major car importers Razz.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by arkaraka 29th July 2009, 1:00 pm

Whats your guys prediction on the COE prices for the rest of the 2009? Will COE drop significantly in the 7th lunar month? hmmmmm Rolling Eyes
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 29th July 2009, 1:38 pm

Look ard, can see lots of Lambo, Porc, hi end cars on the road. The Rich will just bids n pay without blinking, limited COE mean working class more jialat n wait longlong. IMHO Cat A, B n Open will see $30K - $40k n $50K if the Stock mart conti to chiong !!! Shocked thumbsup mad
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 29th July 2009, 2:27 pm

thinking that the COE will go up up up very much more when the cut comes in in Sept and Oct......
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by brian 29th July 2009, 3:22 pm

COE qouta cut and price rise is going to hurt "cheap" cars like korea cars sales because their market segment target pple who are liking not going to buy cars due to raising coe price...

Forte sales is going to lose stream going forward.
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th July 2009, 3:27 pm

the reverse may be true.....
the base cost will still be low.... say 41k (base model)
when coe was 0, cost 41k
when coe is 15k, cost is 47k
so total cost will go up when coe increase but not proportional....
so lets say coe = 30k, cost maybe = 54k
i think a lot of ppl will see forte still as a good and sensible buy....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th July 2009, 3:30 pm

not true.

remember last year when the market crashed?

cheap and small cars sales actually peak. people even were looking at Chinese cars.

people just want value for money.

say if I have only 60k to spare, i will only look within my mean.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th July 2009, 3:38 pm

lukester wrote:not true.

remember last year when the market crashed?

cheap and small cars sales actually peak. people even were looking at Chinese cars.

people just want value for money.

say if I have only 60k to spare, i will only look within my mean.

luke, u have 60K to spare.... need any help spending it? Laughing
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th July 2009, 4:05 pm

hypothetical bro.

now in debt ley, owe Maybank money need to pay every month.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 29th July 2009, 7:34 pm

95.8 Chinese news just reported that car dealers or most feel that COE will shoot cross 20K mark in the coming bids.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 29th July 2009, 8:23 pm

yeah.. >20K is terrible... lets see...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 29th July 2009, 8:23 pm

koayst wrote:95.8 Chinese news just reported that car dealers or most feel that COE will shoot cross 20K mark in the coming bids.

After news spread or pp start to speculate around regard the COE quota cut in Oct will make pp panic and rush to buy. So during september time i belive COE may hit above 20K. Maybe in Dec 09 drop to $2 and repeat the whole cycle again. Laughing

Last edited by jl1500k on 29th July 2009, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th July 2009, 8:29 pm

shrink lor... who can't afford it? lol!
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th July 2009, 9:24 pm

koayst wrote:95.8 Chinese news just reported that car dealers or most feel that COE will shoot cross 20K mark in the coming bids.

with the latest announcement by LTA yesterday, I'll not be surprised at all if the COE shoot across the 20K mark maybe in the next few bidding but my guess is that the crossing of the 20K mark will not be in the next bidding coz judging from the big drop in number of bids received in the last COE bidding (which means there are very little backlog of unsuccessful bidders) and furthermore the next bidding date is just too near for AD to collect large number of booking. Juz my guess ok....... Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 30th July 2009, 9:24 am

saturnz^83 wrote:

I have been long long long time never take bus liao bounce ! I have tried once when the car went for 4 days re-painting 10 year ago and end up MC on alternative day due to bus sick aka vomiting grin grin grin.
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum