Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe

+7
Siao_Liao
crazyfox
miko komi
VAG
koayst
xominon
aswalkersg
11 posters

Go down

Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe

Post by aswalkersg 8th March 2010, 6:10 am

Dear members,

I discovered there are 2 abnormal hot spots at the cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe in my 2.0 Forte but C&C claimed its normal?

Accidentally I discovered when I put a bundle of keys at the cup holders behind Gear Stick and it becomes very hot. This also makes our car air-con works harder and waste of fuel.

As for the boot above exhaust pipe unknowingly I placed my notebook bag it becomes hot and the heat transmits to the notebook inside. Luckily it was a short distance I cannot imagine if you are caught in causeway jam or long distance driving the heat might kill the notebook.

The heat insulation obviously is very bad. I am not sure if other 2.0 and 1.6 faces the same design problem.

Another issue to bring up C&C claim "normal" problem.

If you face the same problem kindly indicate below if yours is a 2.0 or 1.6 Forte?

2.0 Forte Abnormal heat at cup holders and in the boot above the exhaust pipe:
1)aswalkersg
2)
3)

1.6 Forte Abnormal heat at cup holders and in the boot above the exhaust pipe:
1)
2)
3)

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty Re: Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe

Post by xominon 8th March 2010, 12:51 pm

I never notice hotness at boot.
But yes, my cup holders and especially the sq holder in front of gear stick is hot...
xominon
xominon

Back to top Go down

Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Empty Re: Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe

Post by koayst 8th March 2010, 10:28 pm

I can also feel the heat inside the car. Especially, during this hot period. For example, if after driving for like 30 - 40KM and most of the time at 80 - 90KM/H. I remembered once when the car was like a mini oven, upon parking for an hour later when I went back to drive out again.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 8th March 2010, 10:41 pm

I take out the console below the gear stick and put some insulation mat inside. This helps to cut away some of the heat from the exhaust pipe.
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by miko komi 8th March 2010, 10:56 pm

oh....for coffee cup warmer Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Icon_eek
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 9th March 2010, 9:13 am

miko komi wrote:oh....for coffee cup warmer Very hot cup holders behind Gear Stick and in the boot above exhaust pipe Icon_eek

Good example of "when given lemon, made lemonade."
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 10th March 2010, 9:58 am

my 2L koup also got this problem. I notice that the square holder, cup holder and boot become very hot when driving for a long distance. Actually, it is normal cos the gear box will get hot and will den transmit to the srurrounding. But i dun quite understand the boot part. Clearly one thing is, KIA have not done a gd job in heat insulation like other makers did. I have driven japanese car before, it's will still get hot, but the level is not as hot when u compare to my koup.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 10th March 2010, 10:41 am

Siao_Liao wrote:my 2L koup also got this problem. I notice that the square holder, cup holder and boot become very hot when driving for a long distance. Actually, it is normal cos the gear box will get hot and will den transmit to the srurrounding. But i dun quite understand the boot part. Clearly one thing is, KIA have not done a gd job in heat insulation like other makers did. I have driven japanese car before, it's will still get hot, but the level is not as hot when u compare to my koup.

I found the problem. i think Koup should haf the same design as forte.

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/performance-discussion-f7/technical-update-t3642.htm

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 10th March 2010, 11:17 am

Hmmmm .... if that is the case, where to reinforce more heat shield?
Anybody have any idea ?
Another thing to do after air-con insulation.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by sagi73 10th March 2010, 10:31 pm

me too. I notice it too, both the cup holder and in the boot. Anyone ever complaint to the technician? Heat in the cupholder not good as it increase the usage of air-cond, thus increase the FC.

sagi73

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 10th March 2010, 11:07 pm

i use it to warm my COKE... lol.. WARM COKE indeed after driving from home to workplace.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 10th March 2010, 11:24 pm

normal la. put some soundproofing insulation mat and foam underneath can already.

i want to tell CNC my 1.6 very noisy. the firewall insulation not good. hope warranty they cover to dismantle the firewall and insulate it.

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by petertan 10th March 2010, 11:30 pm

VAG wrote:I take out the console below the gear stick and put some insulation mat inside. This helps to cut away some of the heat from the exhaust pipe.

May i know where to buy the insulation mat, and how much ?

Thanks..

petertan

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 11th March 2010, 9:59 am

petertan wrote:
VAG wrote:I take out the console below the gear stick and put some insulation mat inside. This helps to cut away some of the heat from the exhaust pipe.

May i know where to buy the insulation mat, and how much ?

Thanks..

Jus some fiber glass mat for SP at Autobacs, around $30++. You take out the console below the gear stick. You will notice the entire exhaust trunk is not insulated. So cover the metal surface that are exposed. Kia already put some heat insulation at the inside of the console, but apparently not enough.
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 11th March 2010, 10:14 am

Siao_Liao wrote:my 2L koup also got this problem. I notice that the square holder, cup holder and boot become very hot when driving for a long distance. Actually, it is normal cos the gear box will get hot and will den transmit to the srurrounding. But i dun quite understand the boot part. Clearly one thing is, KIA have not done a gd job in heat insulation like other makers did. I have driven japanese car before, it's will still get hot, but the level is not as hot when u compare to my koup.

Yes others makes don't have this heat insulation problems in the cabin as well in the boot.

Another member did the insulation mat can give more details, for the cabin as well as for the boot? Is there a risk or fire and void the warranty?

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 11th March 2010, 10:37 am

i think the best way is to insulate it on the bottom of our undercarriage like how they insulate the cat. but need to find that piece of material. i will try go man exhuast and look for it. if can, i get back to u guys.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down