Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
How much top up for Rims? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
How much top up for Rims? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
How much top up for Rims? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
How much top up for Rims? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
How much top up for Rims? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
How much top up for Rims? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
How much top up for Rims? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
How much top up for Rims? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
How much top up for Rims? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

How much top up for Rims?

+8
Space
longbow
Perryyip
omg2doors
b0yc0tt
Bed
JuanST
samuelj
12 posters

Go down

How much top up for Rims? Empty How much top up for Rims?

Post by samuelj 4th January 2010, 8:36 am

Just curious, for all whom have changed their stock 17 inch alloy rims to new rims, how much did the workshops quote you for the new rims & how much was your trade in price? Thanks~

samuelj

Back to top Go down

How much top up for Rims? Empty Re: How much top up for Rims?

Post by JuanST 4th January 2010, 9:24 am

rule of thumb.... ur current 17 inch rims(4) will be equivalent to almost just 1 of the new rims ur eyeing.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelj 4th January 2010, 12:45 pm

1?!!! =\

samuelj

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 4th January 2010, 5:46 pm

I was quoted $580 to change 4 tyres to Bridgestone Adrenaline. $1,000 for changing 4 tyres + rims. Doing the maths, it should be $420 for 4 rims with trade in. I was told that our rims have no trade in value as they are very heavy and nobody want one...... How much top up for Rims? Icon_cry

BTW, my car only 2k+ millege then...... Also it's my frequent tyre shop, so won't over charge me.......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by b0yc0tt 4th January 2010, 7:23 pm

Bed wrote:I was quoted $580 to change 4 tyres to Bridgestone Adrenaline. $1,000 for changing 4 tyres + rims. Doing the maths, it should be $420 for 4 rims with trade in. I was told that our rims have no trade in value as they are very heavy and nobody want one...... How much top up for Rims? Icon_cry

BTW, my car only 2k+ millege then...... Also it's my frequent tyre shop, so won't over charge me.......

Bro, care to share which shop? How much top up for Rims? Icon_biggrin
b0yc0tt
b0yc0tt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 5th January 2010, 11:37 am

b0yc0tt wrote:
Bed wrote:I was quoted $580 to change 4 tyres to Bridgestone Adrenaline. $1,000 for changing 4 tyres + rims. Doing the maths, it should be $420 for 4 rims with trade in. I was told that our rims have no trade in value as they are very heavy and nobody want one...... How much top up for Rims? Icon_cry

Bro, care to share which shop? How much top up for Rims? Icon_biggrin

Soh Bros Tyre Shop. Address: Blk 4001 AMK Industrial Park 1 #01-03. Look for Frankie @ 64549071.

I use to go PH, their rival shop, and recommend a few friends there. But after my second set of tyres change with them, I go Soh Bros and frequent them. Justin from PH is very friendly, helpful and patient when I change my first set of tyres. My 2nd sets he becomes very desperate to close sales and service from his dad and workers sucks!

The complain for Frankie is slow in doing job... The rest is good and I highly recommend his shop How much top up for Rims? 332362
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 5th January 2010, 11:39 am

yes..the few times i change rim/tyres i went to Soh tyres...Friendly and good service and reasonable prices.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Perryyip 5th January 2010, 4:13 pm

For my oppinion, i will not trade in the original 17" wheel. Although, its bit heavy in weight. but im sure the material is hard compare to taiwanese rim. In future when u plan to sell ur car, u still able to keep the new set.

Perryyip

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 6th January 2010, 5:14 pm

Yea true, but that is unless you have sufficient space at home to store the wheels.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th January 2010, 9:01 pm

longbow wrote:Yea true, but that is unless you have sufficient space at home to store the wheels.

put inside the trunk...... How much top up for Rims? Icon_razz
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Space 9th January 2010, 11:35 pm

JuanST wrote:
longbow wrote:Yea true, but that is unless you have sufficient space at home to store the wheels.

put inside the trunk...... How much top up for Rims? Icon_razz

Haha...that mean u hv 4+1 Spare tires liao
Space
Space

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow 21st January 2010, 8:36 pm

I just change my rims and tyre. Not sure is it a fair price, they charge me 920 for tyre + any Taiwan rims. I chose Goodyear and advanti.

Is the price decent or did I pay too much?

I am too lazy to even look around so I go to one shop and even buy a design that is not one of my favorite ... Sigh, I wish I have more patiet is dealing with thing but I hate to spend weekends to look for rim. Overall my comment is : performance is super, pick up is great and tyre is quiet, no regrets, very happy.
rainbow
rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 21st January 2010, 9:42 pm

rainbow wrote:I just change my rims and tyre. Not sure is it a fair price, they charge me 920 for tyre + any Taiwan rims. I chose Goodyear and advanti.

I am too lazy to even look around so I go to one shop and even buy a design that is not one of my favorite ... Sigh, I wish I have more patiet is dealing with thing but I hate to spend weekends to look for rim. Overall my comment is : performance is super, pick up is great and tyre is quiet, no regrets, very happy.

17" rims? Goodyear LS2000 tyres? If it is, then I'll say the price is about there.
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 21st January 2010, 10:20 pm

rainbow wrote:I just change my rims and tyre. Not sure is it a fair price, they charge me 920 for tyre + any Taiwan rims. I chose Goodyear and advanti.

Taiwan rims are not durable. I have used once before and change it after less than 6months. Workshop show me the rims radius out of alignment. I realize this after i have a minor kerb mounting incident. Sad
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Perryyip 21st January 2010, 10:27 pm

Oh, Singapore really expensive wo. In Klang, i only top up 1.2k to 1.5k for rims and tyres 225/40/18 (18 INCH). But if i choose branded, then probably 2k - 3k malaysia ringgit. Dont mind cheap, cause seldom use the car and drive slowly, but also depends on driver's characteristic. Drive slow = spend less, drive fast = wallet thinner due to safety precautions. Paiseh !

Perryyip

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 21st January 2010, 11:10 pm

Dummyhalf wrote:

Taiwan rims are not durable. I have used once before and change it after less than 6months. Workshop show me the rims radius out of alignment. I realize this after i have a minor kerb mounting incident. Sad
Heard from pro ppl said that quite tyre will have less fraction in wet condition due to the tyre desgin lining. is it true? How much top up for Rims? Icon_surprised
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow 23rd January 2010, 11:08 pm

You are right la. I used to have a wet weather tyre.....super noise and not that comfortable.
rainbow
rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down