Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte

+13
greatgazoo
dandeana21
scorpey
newsman
ReDeViL
nocash
nothing
tish
ozzie75
kapitan
Fortec
Fortei
andikong
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty Re: My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte

Post by nothing 19th May 2009, 3:48 pm

why not start a thread on photography... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte - Page 2 Empty Re: My Fast moving Dark Cherry Forte

Post by keigo 19th May 2009, 7:02 pm

dandeana21 wrote:
andikong wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:me going to look for 18-200mm f2.8 lens leh.. not many ppl selling it 2nd hand leh.. haiz....

No problem lah, I am also a member of two top Singapore photographic forum, may be you might have some luck getting it through the forum...Yeh

eeks! actually me looking @ ClubSnap.. got quite a lot of them selling their lenses.. but now me dun noe which one to get esp if i wan to do the F1 shots.. uncle andi, can advise me? What a Face

It depend on the distant where you want to do it. A nice range will be 70-200mm f2.8 but the price will put you off cause cost coming to $3K.

For sport photo, you will need a fast lens. But you sure not buying a lens just to take your forte only right.

Yours is a D90, since you got kit lens, play around with it first so that you will get to know your body and lens well. Then maybe the next lens you will want to look around is 24-70mm f2.8. It's a good walk around lens and worth to invest on one cause at least you know next time you go into FX body your lens still can use.

In clubsnap there are alot of comments here and there but my advise is don't bother to read too much on local photography forum. Try oversea one which give you better advise and clearer picture of what the lens is use for. For a start you may want to look at dpreview instead.

I'm able to bring the 70-200mm f2.8 (in fact I got the complete range, 14-24mm f2.8, 24-70mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8 and some other lens) and let you try on the June meet up (not this coming 23 May cause I got a wedding photography job to do on that day)
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 19th May 2009, 10:18 pm

I think uncle Andy will be the forum official photographer liao cheers
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 19th May 2009, 10:36 pm

eeks! actually me looking @ ClubSnap.. got quite a lot of them selling their lenses.. but now me dun noe which one to get esp if i wan to do the F1 shots.. uncle andi, can advise me? What a Face[/quote]

What bro keigo advise is right, stick to your kid lens first. Later when you become an expert Oleyli then you can
upgrade. F1 shots Wow! Never mind, see what you can come out this sat.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 19th May 2009, 11:25 pm

keigo wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:
andikong wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:me going to look for 18-200mm f2.8 lens leh.. not many ppl selling it 2nd hand leh.. haiz....

No problem lah, I am also a member of two top Singapore photographic forum, may be you might have some luck getting it through the forum...Yeh

eeks! actually me looking @ ClubSnap.. got quite a lot of them selling their lenses.. but now me dun noe which one to get esp if i wan to do the F1 shots.. uncle andi, can advise me? What a Face

It depend on the distant where you want to do it. A nice range will be 70-200mm f2.8 but the price will put you off cause cost coming to $3K.

For sport photo, you will need a fast lens. But you sure not buying a lens just to take your forte only right.

Yours is a D90, since you got kit lens, play around with it first so that you will get to know your body and lens well. Then maybe the next lens you will want to look around is 24-70mm f2.8. It's a good walk around lens and worth to invest on one cause at least you know next time you go into FX body your lens still can use.

In clubsnap there are alot of comments here and there but my advise is don't bother to read too much on local photography forum. Try oversea one which give you better advise and clearer picture of what the lens is use for. For a start you may want to look at dpreview instead.

I'm able to bring the 70-200mm f2.8 (in fact I got the complete range, 14-24mm f2.8, 24-70mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8 and some other lens) and let you try on the June meet up (not this coming 23 May cause I got a wedding photography job to do on that day)

WOW!! keigo, awesome leh!! yah.. the price for such lens 70-200mm f2.8 is super duper ex.. prob i'll play wif a shorter range first.. oh yah.. my camera is D80.. i got 2 lens now - a kit lens (18 - 135mm f3.5 & 50-200mm f5.6).. me wanna get a bigger aperture f2.8 lens which can take better nite shots.. What a Face well, looking forward again to June meetup wor... clown coz me wan to learn more abt photography.. esp panning skills.. hiak hiak.. Razz
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 19th May 2009, 11:47 pm

WOW!! keigo, awesome leh!! yah.. the price for such lens 70-200mm f2.8 is super duper ex.. prob i'll play wif a shorter range first.. oh yah.. my camera is D80.. i got 2 lens now - a kit lens (18 - 135mm f3.5 & 50-200mm f5.6).. me wanna get a bigger aperture f2.8 lens which can take better nite shots.. What a Face well, looking forward again to June meetup wor... clown coz me wan to learn more abt photography.. esp panning skills.. hiak hiak.. Razz

I'm using D3 Embarassed so I need the necessary lens to max my cam performance.

Your existing lens is good enough to cover most of the range that you will required. For a beginner don't bother too much on getting big aperture lens... learn to know your body well first and then slowly learn various other method and trick.

If were to spend $$, my advise is go and buy a speedlight SB900 which is better then getting a lens at the moment for you.Having a speedlight will also solve your night shots.

Next purchase will be on a good tripod, cause most good photo are taken on a tripod.

Once you have the skill, then you may go ahead and upgrade your body and lens to match your skill.

If you totally very newie then you may also consider to purchase Thom Hogan D80 eBook. It is really a very good book and even I myself also purchase his D3 eBook.

Lastly much always remember a good photo depend on 80% skill of the photographer 10% on the equipments and 10% on post processing.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 19th May 2009, 11:56 pm

lol! I will bring my SLR too.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 19th May 2009, 11:58 pm

greatgazoo wrote:lol! I will bring my SLR too.

lol! got an idea maybe if got enough interests we can organize a photography outing.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 20th May 2009, 1:00 am

Photography also! I'm a Minoltian, still using 35mm can you imagine? Better not bring as there's work to do, need to get hands dirty. Smile
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 20th May 2009, 1:28 am

keigo wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:lol! I will bring my SLR too.

lol! got an idea maybe if got enough interests we can organize a photography outing.

cool!! i'm all for it!! hiak hiak hiak.. Razz Razz
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 20th May 2009, 1:32 am

andikong wrote:eeks! actually me looking @ ClubSnap.. got quite a lot of them selling their lenses.. but now me dun noe which one to get esp if i wan to do the F1 shots.. uncle andi, can advise me? What a Face

What bro keigo advise is right, stick to your kid lens first. Later when you become an expert Oleyli then you can
upgrade. F1 shots Wow! Never mind, see what you can come out this sat.[/quote]

so far, i got the shots from last year's F1 race.. here's the link...
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/relax-chit-chat-corner-f4/any1-going-for-f1-race-tis-yr-t70-15.htm

out of dun noe how many hundreds, i oni get these few shots.. haiz.... Neutral
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 20th May 2009, 1:49 am

dandeana21 wrote:
andikong wrote:

I just saw a thread from Clubsnap, one member selling the Nikon IF ED 18-200mm VR lens, condition 10, asking $850/=
I think can bargain to $750 or even $700. Bcus he need the cash to upgrade to more lens. Interested?

I saw your F1 Photos overall OK, but the pic colour is rather dull, not exciting. For the shots - head on shot need not do panning, concentrate on the focusing will do. You need to do panning only when the F1 car pass in front of you.
Your standing and view point was blocked by the fencing, no good for a good shots. I like the no. 3 shots.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by GotCash 25th May 2009, 9:55 pm

uncle andikong, how you make the wheel look like it's moving too ?
motion blur too ?
GotCash
GotCash

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 25th May 2009, 10:21 pm

GotCash wrote:uncle andikong, how you make the wheel look like it's moving too ?
motion blur too ?

Hi gotcash,
You use the filter in photoshop under blur then radial blur, but you must first hightlight the wheel with the magnetic lasso tools.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by GotCash 25th May 2009, 10:28 pm

Ok thank you for the tips =D
GotCash
GotCash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2