Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
RPM 4-5 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
RPM 4-5 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
RPM 4-5 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
RPM 4-5 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
RPM 4-5 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
RPM 4-5 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
RPM 4-5 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
RPM 4-5 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
RPM 4-5 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

RPM 4-5

+6
scorpey
greatgazoo
muff
tish
Fortec
saturnz^83
10 posters

Go down

RPM 4-5 Empty RPM 4-5

Post by saturnz^83 10th May 2009, 10:54 pm

Hi People

Just now was parking at an underground carpark, when i exit from the carpark, was on gear 2 when travelling up on a steep slope, suddenly felt like no power so shifted down to gear 1, den i depressed the accelerator, still clutched in, i realised that i had revved the RPM till around 4-5!! Very loud engine rev and followed by a screetching sound from the whells!! Den finally continued to go up the slope..was wondering will it cause any damage to the engine?
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

RPM 4-5 Empty Re: RPM 4-5

Post by Fortec 10th May 2009, 11:30 pm

Nope. the engine is design to run normally even in 4-5k rev...it's only beyond the redline than it's really pushing it's limit.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 10th May 2009, 11:54 pm

dont red line can le, red line very fast can change forte coupe lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 11th May 2009, 12:06 am

saturnz^83 wrote:Hi People

Just now was parking at an underground carpark, when i exit from the carpark, was on gear 2 when travelling up on a steep slope, suddenly felt like no power so shifted down to gear 1, den i depressed the accelerator, still clutched in, i realised that i had revved the RPM till around 4-5!! Very loud engine rev and followed by a screetching sound from the whells!! Den finally continued to go up the slope..was wondering will it cause any damage to the engine?

think you should try out the bonnet insulator mat..........
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th May 2009, 12:18 am

Think you will have to get use to it and practise on your Qing Gong. Feel the biting point instead of blasting your accelerator Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 11th May 2009, 9:55 am

greatgazoo wrote:Think you will have to get use to it and practise on your Qing Gong. Feel the biting point instead of blasting your accelerator Very Happy

hi saturnz83,

agreed wif greatgazoo.. takes a little bit more to drive manual... same "problem" with my 1.1L (M) picanto when i first drive it.. from my experience, if u @ 1st gear n u need to push RPM on a slope.. push it..but with control..meaning depress slowly to go up @ biting point.. u may apply this method sometimes on the road too due to traffic conditions too..
usu i go up mscp @ 2nd gear w/o passenger but trick is u gotto speed up a little to gain initial momentum (pls check the slope is clear of cars n ppl first) or do at 1st gear if u need a steady n slow climb (enage 1st gear n the moment e front wheels touch the slope..den half clucth a little first for smooth transmission and once u feel it is climbing..control using ur right feet 2 go up e slope)

lastly, switching off the air con can give u a little more push too =P

hope the above helps! =)
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 11th May 2009, 10:07 am

Wow!! talking about redline, you know on Saturday at the traffic light
4 white in a roll, 1st car Honda Civic, 2nd car Subaru, 3rd car BMW and
4th car, hehe..that me.Once the light turn green all Vroom and chiong
except me slow and steady. Laughing
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 11th May 2009, 10:15 am

Don't worry, no damage done...my current ride even though it's auto, every time also whack close to red line...now close to 5 yr plus liao still fit as a bull...except that I change ATF at every 20k...for manual, no worries at all...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 11th May 2009, 11:51 am

nocash wrote:Wow!! talking about redline, you know on Saturday at the traffic light

Too much ego at stake liao haha...it will be funny if they all race to next traffic light stuck at red..and when you catch up, light turn green and you juz zoom pass all 3 of them lol...
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 11th May 2009, 12:52 pm

congrats..you just had your first wheel spin!....

anyway 4 -5k is not too much especially when you are still pressing the clutch...don;t worry

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 11th May 2009, 1:26 pm

Fortec wrote:
nocash wrote:Wow!! talking about redline, you know on Saturday at the traffic light

Too much ego at stake liao haha...it will be funny if they all race to next traffic light stuck at red..and when you catch up, light turn green and you juz zoom pass all 3 of them lol...

Hahahaha yeah, and don't forget to give them the "smirk" Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 11th May 2009, 3:05 pm

Thanks bros for your wonderful reply..really must get used to my biting point..yesterday's revving to 4-5 RPM makes me worry haha!
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 11th May 2009, 3:42 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:Thanks bros for your wonderful reply..really must get used to my biting point..yesterday's revving to 4-5 RPM makes me worry haha!

There might be more situations in future, while they are not life threatening, it does amount to alot if they become a habit.

Ur gear is engaged when you start the car....car will jump!!
Engage wrong gear when move off or during drive.
Downshift gear at high rpm...don't downshift more than 2 gears if you are always on high rpm unless u can compensate with the appropriate rev.
Clutch release before gear change completed.
Handbrake still on when drive off....NICE SMELL ALL OVER.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 11th May 2009, 5:43 pm

what if u want to talk about that.

dont gan chiong when car moving forward havent stop then engage reverse and let go clutch while car still rolling forward... the whole gear box have to change if R canot engage enymore, happen to 1 of my company ride hehe.... culprit is me hehe
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 11th May 2009, 10:52 pm

affraid better dun let tish try your car if not whole gear box gone case lol! Kidding.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum