Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop?

+4
JuanST
Potatoes
Juz@kid
thaliamei
8 posters

Go down

Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop?

Post by thaliamei 26th November 2009, 10:42 pm

Just installed bodykit few days ago. Can tell obviously 2 different colors. The bodykit does not match with the car.

My car color is light graphite. Now the question is, where to find spray painting shop? So that I can ask for a quote for re-spraying the bodykit, and any idea what is the rough estimated cost?

Really appreciate if you can help. Thanks!
thaliamei
thaliamei

Back to top Go down

Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty Re: Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop?

Post by Juz@kid 27th November 2009, 3:54 am

why spend money respray e BK when its not ur fault of e two tone color differences.... u can either reject e bk or go to C&C n show them e result of delayed BK installation....
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop? Empty Re: Bodykit just installed, 2 different color, where to find spray painting shop?

Post by Potatoes 27th November 2009, 6:47 am

CnC Claim that 2 tone is inevitable - cos the material of the BK and the car body are different. BK is made of plastic and car's body is metal, so the finishing result is slightly diferent.

I think u may want to go to their showroom and check if Kia's showroom model has this problem. Can anyone verify this fact?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 27th November 2009, 7:57 am

thaliamei wrote:Just installed bodykit few days ago. Can tell obviously 2 different colors. The bodykit does not match with the car.

My car color is light graphite. Now the question is, where to find spray painting shop? So that I can ask for a quote for re-spraying the bodykit, and any idea what is the rough estimated cost?

Really appreciate if you can help. Thanks!

it can never be perferct. i have seen bk for other car makes, the bk is always lighter.
arguing with cnc will not get u anything since they will just say color is the same, base material is different.
arguing with mach will also get u nowhere as they will just say that this is their agreement with cnc. so if u have problem, go to cnc.

i know it looks good but u may not want to invest more on it as i find it very low and fragile. just one mistake , scrape it once then u will know what i mean.

if u are not sure what i am saying, looking at the bk at the showroom car, it is broken at the backside. if that happens to a showroom car, what chance does a car which is being used everyday.

if u still want to spray paint it, u need to choose which color to follow.
ur bumper or ur body. bumper is always darker. i suggest that u follow bumper color. bear in mind oso that plastic when its get old, the base color changes faster to lighter shade. in cae of metal, once it gets old, the base color becomes darker but the paint becomes lighter. so whatever color combination u do... there will be discrepancies afterwards.

summary: go for darker color for the bk - easier on the eyes.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 27th November 2009, 8:57 am

the skill of the their spray painter is not good. you do not have to accept it quietly. make some noise and see how it goes.

and this cnc always like to use the words "its normal" to push away additional work

if really cannot work out with them, you may want to try yew lip. they are at sin ming

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 27th November 2009, 9:04 am

forte3737 wrote:the skill of the their spray painter is not good. you do not have to accept it quietly. make some noise and see how it goes.

and this cnc always like to use the words "its normal" to push away additional work

if really cannot work out with them, you may want to try yew lip. they are at sin ming

it is the agreement with cnc. the mach spray painter is professional and the mach boss oso ok but they are hand-tied with their agreement with cnc. they oso cannot deviate even if they know that it looks different as any changes will open up the floodgates for cnc. so they need to toe the line and try to convince us that it is ok.
everything boils down to agreement and contract.

by statistics, those who complain are in the minority. until the number is in our favor, cnc can just say we are just too picky.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 27th November 2009, 10:12 am

put two LC color cars together, you will also see differences in color....

mine was place side by side with ctoh's before.... we saw two colors...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chilex 27th November 2009, 12:01 pm

The agreement is besides the point. But this is not our fault. CnC have to do something. I dun know bout other metal bronze but mine seems to be fine. Any metal bronze with BK here to verify?
Chilex
Chilex

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 27th November 2009, 1:24 pm

buyers have the right to be picky. we already pay so much for the car.

whatever agreement they have with mach is really not our concern. they want a cheap supplier. so they have to face the consequences

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 27th November 2009, 1:42 pm

hahaaha
at last got people bring this up n talk .....

Well, i am facing this problem too....
juz waiting to solve this issue ....

look at my signature stating when i collect my car n when i install my BK.....

my car EX so wait longer lor ..
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 27th November 2009, 2:38 pm

forte3737 wrote:buyers have the right to be picky. we already pay so much for the car.

whatever agreement they have with mach is really not our concern. they want a cheap supplier. so they have to face the consequences

quite agree with u. am just trying to say that if we need action, we need to direct it to cnc. no point arguing with mach. so anyone starting a petition?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 27th November 2009, 5:11 pm

btw, i was told by mach that at least 2 bk were resprayed since the base color is different....red against white....i think it was mb.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 28th November 2009, 11:46 am

i think many people have already highlighted the many problems of fotre to cnc management. emails have been sent, complains have been made etc...

its CNC bad luck that the forte is "blessed" with so many problems. to make things worse, the BK supplier is lousy.

so there you have it, at end of day, there are still unresolved issues.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by thaliamei 29th November 2009, 3:26 pm

JuanST wrote:
it can never be perferct. i have seen bk for other car makes, the bk is always lighter.
arguing with cnc will not get u anything since they will just say color is the same, base material is different.
arguing with mach will also get u nowhere as they will just say that this is their agreement with cnc. so if u have problem, go to cnc.

i know it looks good but u may not want to invest more on it as i find it very low and fragile. just one mistake , scrape it once then u will know what i mean.

if u are not sure what i am saying, looking at the bk at the showroom car, it is broken at the backside. if that happens to a showroom car, what chance does a car which is being used everyday.

if u still want to spray paint it, u need to choose which color to follow.
ur bumper or ur body. bumper is always darker. i suggest that u follow bumper color. bear in mind oso that plastic when its get old, the base color changes faster to lighter shade. in cae of metal, once it gets old, the base color becomes darker but the paint becomes lighter. so whatever color combination u do... there will be discrepancies afterwards.

summary: go for darker color for the bk - easier on the eyes.

I think maybe I just follow your suggestion, leave it and see how. Cause even re-sprayed, I am still not sure whether the color can match.

I seldom complain to cnc, because don't see can get any satisfactory answer or action from them.
thaliamei
thaliamei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down