Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

N00b getting a 1.6SX(A)

+12
ForteBoy
cpt_zr
KingJerry
kenincf
BlackHorse
Elixir99
ace
The Blue Cruiser
daniu82
forte3737
JuanST
godspeedyou
16 posters

Go down

N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty N00b getting a 1.6SX(A)

Post by godspeedyou 20th November 2009, 12:18 pm

Hi All,

Excited to read all your thread, honestly confessing, was a anti-Korean fan till I saw this, never had a chance to see the interior (as in door open), but when I see it in the car parks, will take a peep. When I saw the price I was like wow, this is bang for bucks (am looking for value, and pricing), as compared with like Vios or Altis in terms of features. Realized they pay alot of attention to this. Ok, I only decided last night to get after minus out the below models: (IMHO)

Mazda 3: underpowered, FC I think nothing to brag, no matter what you zng, still slow, thats the reason why peeps zng more for bhp, or so they believe.

Chevy: Think also no need think.

Jazz: Actually wanted, but overpriced for something so long in market, not really fancy hatch unless GOLF.

Advante: Almost, till the Forte came!

VIOS/ALTIS: SE sucks, earn too much $, can make us wait. Thailand? Get lost, maybe AXIO if I really want.

Thing is, if I go for this coup on the sly, my family would probably be shocked cos we have a 2.4 Camry(MIJ LAH!), elder brother drives a Vios, elder sister drives a Alphard. But honestly, have enough of it. Want to break out of comfort zone, and since I went back to study, I feel the Forte fits by budget nicely w/o the need of my family.

Hope to know more friends, since have not been active in forums for quite awhile, even way during delfi forums. Btw a commonly asked question, what good freebies you guys managed to SQUEEZE from SE? Thanks for the info.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Empty Re: N00b getting a 1.6SX(A)

Post by JuanST 20th November 2009, 12:31 pm

welcome bro....theres a thread for the freebies.... search for freebies....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 20th November 2009, 12:32 pm

many thanks!
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 20th November 2009, 12:34 pm

this is the longest....

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/what-package-did-you-get-for-your-forte-t2.htm?highlight=freebies

but dun expect everything .... all depends on ur nego power....
a tip : do not show how much u can afford immediately.... just stick to price and freebies....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 21st November 2009, 11:14 am

godspeedyou wrote:Hi All,

Excited to read all your thread, honestly confessing, was a anti-Korean fan till I saw this, never had a chance to see the interior (as in door open), but when I see it in the car parks, will take a peep. When I saw the price I was like wow, this is bang for bucks (am looking for value, and pricing), as compared with like Vios or Altis in terms of features. Realized they pay alot of attention to this. Ok, I only decided last night to get after minus out the below models: (IMHO)

Mazda 3: underpowered, FC I think nothing to brag, no matter what you zng, still slow, thats the reason why peeps zng more for bhp, or so they believe.

Jazz: Actually wanted, but overpriced for something so long in market, not really fancy hatch unless GOLF.

VIOS/ALTIS: SE sucks, earn too much $, can make us wait. Thailand? Get lost, maybe AXIO if I really want.

Thing is, if I go for this coup on the sly, my family would probably be shocked cos we have a 2.4 Camry(MIJ LAH!), elder brother drives a Vios, elder sister drives a Alphard. But honestly, have enough of it. Want to break out of comfort zone, and since I went back to study, I feel the Forte fits by budget nicely w/o the need of my family.

Hope to know more friends, since have not been active in forums for quite awhile, even way during delfi forums. Btw a commonly asked question, what good freebies you guys managed to SQUEEZE from SE? Thanks for the info.

i think you are too biased in writing off some of the models. despite this being a forte forum, i recommend the advante. forte will have more problems many years down the road. the avante is a tried and proven model.

but well, if you dun mind the windscreen cracking etc......

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 21st November 2009, 1:53 pm

This is a Forte forum and u recommend Avante?? Rolling Eyes

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 21st November 2009, 1:55 pm

doesn't matter. as car is a large investment, we as his fellows should give our best to advise him on which model to get. of course at the end of the sentence, we still wish him to get a forte. N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) 256379
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 21st November 2009, 2:00 pm

I kind of want to know what are the problems that forte3737 foresee down the road......if he don't mind sharing...

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 21st November 2009, 2:02 pm

ace wrote:I kind of want to know what are the problems that forte3737 foresee down the road......if he don't mind sharing...

I am also interested to know.... I tink most bro here will wan to know his opinions too.....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 21st November 2009, 2:02 pm

forte3737 wrote:
godspeedyou wrote:Hi All,

i think you are too biased in writing off some of the models. despite this being a forte forum, i recommend the advante. forte will have more problems many years down the road. the avante is a tried and proven model.

but well, if you dun mind the windscreen cracking etc......

fair

Never try never know rite? It takes courage to breakaway from the comfort zone aka "Japanese car"....

I believe when Avante was just out, ppl are have doubts abt it too... now "test & proven"....

Years down the road Forte will have its fair share of problems and fine tuned along the way. 5 yrs time ppl may say " Korean cars esp Forte is tested and proven... why choose Chinese make?????"
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 21st November 2009, 2:05 pm

and this cycle will go again saying that Chinese makes are tested and proven. how long would this end? even chery now is doing good, as its A5 and V5 models can testify. it's up to the public to believe it or don't buy it.

but since there is a 5-year warranty now, who worry about its reliability? anything not happy, send the car back and claim warranty. N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Icon_lol
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHorse 21st November 2009, 2:28 pm

my previous experience with kia rio (7yrs) was good

forte will be better
BlackHorse
BlackHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 21st November 2009, 3:25 pm

Guys, don't let those minor issues (except windscreen cracking which I don't think many encountered it) stop you from buying Forte over Avante just because Forte is newer than Avante, and it's not "tested and proven" (so-called) enough.

Singapore is not the only country selling Forte. You will find it in the US, Australia, China and soon Malaysia.

IMHO, there is no such car which is perfect. Who can stand up and guarantee that Avante is a more reliable car as compared to Forte just because it's out there in the market for a few years already?

At the end of the day:
- buy Avante if you like it,
- buy Forte if you like it,
- don't buy if you still don't know which one you like.

Cheers! cheers
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 21st November 2009, 3:30 pm

Follow the Singaporean crowd (known for buying up good bargains), there's a reason why there are more and more Fortes on the road now.

Also, who ever said that the pick up for forte is slow should drive slowrider's car!

Think i might make some small investment to zhng the performance to that of slow rider after fully running in at 5k servicing..
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 21st November 2009, 3:44 pm

Hmmm my car is usually parked under the sun for prolong periods.. but the windscreen still ok leh.

what contributes to windscreen cracking?
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 21st November 2009, 4:01 pm

cpt_zr wrote:Hmmm my car is usually parked under the sun for prolong periods.. but the windscreen still ok leh.

what contributes to windscreen cracking?

Mine also. Also always under adverse conditions. Hot sun -> heavy rain -> hot sun -> heavy rain... Not to mention the daily free bird **** that comes with parking in an open-air car park.

But mine also around 3 weeks old only. So maybe after consuming like 3 months of bird ****, the windscreen cannot take it and will crack. Very Happy

king
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by ForteBoy 22nd November 2009, 12:02 am

The problem does not lie with the car ( as yet ) ... Its the after sales service and BK delay that reaallllyy takes the icing off the cake ....

Just my 2 cents tho Laughing
ForteBoy
ForteBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 22nd November 2009, 1:43 am

I love Forte!
But i dun like Come & Complain...
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by yeufui 22nd November 2009, 2:07 am

BTW, looking at the current price of forte it is not really that much "cheaper" than most of the jap car in the market, so cheap n good cannot be used on forte much longer....its about time that it has to prove its "value". as for C&C *sigh* long way to go......

yeufui

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 22nd November 2009, 7:50 pm

forte is good n i tink most of us didnt regret tis purchase. gt a forte n join e family ba
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 22nd November 2009, 8:02 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:and this cycle will go again saying that Chinese makes are tested and proven. how long would this end? even chery now is doing good, as its A5 and V5 models can testify. it's up to the public to believe it or don't buy it.

but since there is a 5-year warranty now, who worry about its reliability? anything not happy, send the car back and claim warranty. N00b getting a 1.6SX(A) Icon_lol

Seconded!!!! cheers If forteII is out, its time to change to this nxt generation..
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 22nd November 2009, 8:03 pm

ForteBoy wrote:The problem does not lie with the car ( as yet ) ... Its the after sales service and BK delay that reaallllyy takes the icing off the cake ....

Just my 2 cents tho Laughing

Agreed too!!!!, perhaps, these are the "teething" problems encounter... the coming up batches of the forte shall have these rectified.
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 23rd November 2009, 1:45 am

Well I've never disagreed that the Advante was bad, in any sense, and the rest of reviews is based on tried and tested, maybe I demanded too much.

And after test-drive today (incidentally I drove the Koup) since both are supposedly the same, here's my review on pros and cons:

1: Engine is quite quiet, drove with stereo off, but when you're outside, and the engine start, a nice rumble (not WRX), but quite robust sound.

2: Door heavy, nicely done when windows down, no "bones" which gave it a classy and expensive look.

3: Rear legroom ample, after adjusting my seats, my gf sitting behind finds it comfy, ok our height bout 175cm, not that tall.

4: Ample boot space, and rear seats can be folded down, if you decide to ferry some long cargo.

5: Spare tyre, is the 17" sports rims with low-profile tyre that is being used, non of the cheapo yellow stand-by tyres if "pong chek".

6: It looks like a Coupe, but drives like a sedan. For those that wants speed, can forget bout it. But its fine with me, for the price that I'm paying. I tried the steptronic thingy, ok, not too bad, could have done slightly better.

7: Not that much wind sound, not totally don't have, but maybe the tyres we use will play a part too.

8: Nice stock HU and stock speakers. But the booming lights is bengish, lucky can off it, can follow the music and blink, wth?

9: Nice sunroof, adjustable, can have a quick open like for ventilation only, not bad, but the warranty for it is 3 years only.

10: Can plug ipod or your usb, really handy, no need rely on the 6cd changer.

11: Need to top-up for red leather seats, planning to choose black, but a pity, big company, but ebony black and not metallic, which is quite odd.

12: Didn't have chance to see the engine start, cos the test-drive car is super stock.

Did not try to "kup corner", but my gf feels is quite spacious for 2 adults behind. To be honest, just want to own a coupe thats all, and the black-red combo is really slick, expensive looking, and the quirky rims which my gf likes. Problem is now, this price is close to the VW Polo, with 7-speed DSG at 85bhp. But then, buying the Polo, would be like getting it cos I cannot afford a GTi, its damn confusing man now bros, cannot sleep ah!!!! Help me!!!!
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 23rd November 2009, 1:54 am

Think will get the Koup instead of Forte since the installment is $51 difference, problem is need to wait till March.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by mehmehhh 23rd November 2009, 4:57 pm

godspeedyou wrote:Think will get the Koup instead of Forte since the installment is $51 difference, problem is need to wait till March.

Might have to check the difference in insurance too....
mehmehhh
mehmehhh

Back to top Go down

Post by godspeedyou 24th November 2009, 12:19 am

$300 difference for insurance.
godspeedyou
godspeedyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum