Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx?

+17
kysoong
ck7373
forte3737
keigo
Fortec
qbear
KingJerry
aural
Mac
danielg
scorpey
Juz@kid
Blacks
jameshong
lwlty
longbow
VoDoLeI
21 posters

Go down

Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx?

Post by VoDoLeI 7th November 2009, 6:39 pm

Hi, everyone! I am in a dilemma now, don't know which one to get? 1.6sx or 2.0 sx? Can anyone advise me on that? Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_biggrin

VoDoLeI

Back to top Go down

Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty Re: Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx?

Post by longbow 7th November 2009, 7:00 pm

If you want power over fuel consumption, its 2 litres for you. If its the opposite, then its the .6
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty Re: Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx?

Post by VoDoLeI 7th November 2009, 7:04 pm

longbow wrote:If you want power over fuel consumption, its 2 litres for you. If its the opposite, then its the .6

Ya, this is what in my consideration too, overall Forte 2.0 has more HP and torque, even compare with Civic. It's going to be launched in Malaysia on this coming 24 Nov with 1.6 SX somewhere around RM75k and 2.0 somewhere around RM89k, not much different in term of monthly installment also. Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_biggrin

VoDoLeI

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 7th November 2009, 7:22 pm

The Civic has better built quality though, Vtec too. Forte has more power and gadgets. Test drive?
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 7th November 2009, 7:23 pm

2.0L thumbsup

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by VoDoLeI 7th November 2009, 8:54 pm

longbow wrote:The Civic has better built quality though, Vtec too. Forte has more power and gadgets. Test drive?

Ya, but our local Civic is CKD version, which the built quality is query? Haha. Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_biggrin As for Forte, it's CBU for the 1st 400 units. I test drove Civic, it's powerful though. Currently I am waiting for the launching of Forte in M'sia. Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_smile

VoDoLeI

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 7th November 2009, 11:23 pm

I voted 2.0SX Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? 256379 !
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 9th November 2009, 12:13 am

1.6L or 2.0L makes negligible difference, only the sun roof and cruise control and your mind's illusion.

Want power with 2.0L with REAL REAL POWER?...

Then go for...
EVO X GSR. The only 2.0L with 280bhp. (You can get 500bhp with modification and tunning.

Subaru WRX need 2.5L to reach 230bhp or 300bhp.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 9th November 2009, 5:54 am

VoDoLeI wrote:
longbow wrote:If you want power over fuel consumption, its 2 litres for you. If its the opposite, then its the .6

Ya, this is what in my consideration too, overall Forte 2.0 has more HP and torque, even compare with Civic. It's going to be launched in Malaysia on this coming 24 Nov with 1.6 SX somewhere around RM75k and 2.0 somewhere around RM89k, not much different in term of monthly installment also. Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_biggrin

VoDoLeI wrote:
longbow wrote:The Civic has better built quality though, Vtec too. Forte has more power and gadgets. Test drive?

Ya, but our local Civic is CKD version, which the built quality is query? Haha. Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_biggrin As for Forte, it's CBU for the 1st 400 units. I test drove Civic, it's powerful though. Currently I am waiting for the launching of Forte in M'sia. Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_smile

bro, seem to me u buying a forte in M'sia...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 9th November 2009, 9:12 am

mine is 2L.. the main diff between the two of cos will be the engines.. if u need slightly more power n torque but FC is not so impt den 2L, else 1.6L shd do the job of a normal car.. do note tat forte 2L is not a performance car so dun need to even compare wif those range... however if u considering cars like camry 2L.. forte 2L will be a gd alternative due to the price.. overall it does give decent power (not fantastic) which i reckon u will need it esp in malaysia roads.. another key diff will be the 6 air bags.. the rest of the diff r not so impt i guess.. hope this helps u to distinguish the two.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by danielg 9th November 2009, 9:45 am

Any difference in physical size of the car? Cabin space? Leg room? Boot space?
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 9th November 2009, 10:27 am

Assuming you are talking about Forte sedan, I was told from Dec batch onwards in Singapore, the steering will now be fitted with hydraulic system rather than the electro-servo. It's quite personal, I prefer the steering to be heavier which is what the hydraulic system will give me.

The Koup is already fitted with hydraulic, have a go and feel the difference to see which you like better.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 10th November 2009, 12:04 am

1.6 vs 2.0.
might want to ask if FC is an issue, road tax and insurance wil be an issue also for you.

I seen a few people buy already complain day and night and end up driving lesser than what they intitally intended to. If all these not issue, most people would go for higher power by default and additional features stated above.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 10th November 2009, 12:08 am

yea i regret not saving 2 months more to get the 2L
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 10th November 2009, 12:25 am

Mac wrote:Assuming you are talking about Forte sedan, I was told from Dec batch onwards in Singapore, the steering will now be fitted with hydraulic system rather than the electro-servo. It's quite personal, I prefer the steering to be heavier which is what the hydraulic system will give me.

The Koup is already fitted with hydraulic, have a go and feel the difference to see which you like better.

Wah.. Heng i purchased earlier. Power steering is so much easier as compare to hydraulic steering!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 10th November 2009, 12:55 am

Motor Driven Power Stering (MDPS) better than hydraulic.

if use hydraulic power steering engine h/power to minus 3-5 horse power.

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by VoDoLeI 11th November 2009, 10:49 pm

Juz@kid wrote:
VoDoLeI wrote:

VoDoLeI wrote:

bro, seem to me u buying a forte in M'sia...

Ya bro, I am interested to buy a forte here, and join you guys in Sg, ha! Btw, I am also considering Honda City, which is a lower spec b segment car compare to forte with so many gaggets. In Msia, both 1.6 and 2.0 are offered with keyless entry with 'start' button. For 2.0 higher spec, it comes with auto headlight also. However, it do not come with sunroof as the brochure never stated that. Forte is going to be launched in Malaysia on 24 Nov, which 1st 400 will be CBU version. Well, we shall see how bro!

VoDoLeI

Back to top Go down

Post by qbear 11th November 2009, 10:56 pm

Mac wrote:Assuming you are talking about Forte sedan, I was told from Dec batch onwards in Singapore, the steering will now be fitted with hydraulic system rather than the electro-servo. It's quite personal, I prefer the steering to be heavier which is what the hydraulic system will give me.

Ya.. SE told me it the later batch will come with push start and hydraulic based on feedback. So price auto + 1k more... no choice.

So I quickly booked..
hahaha
qbear
qbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th November 2009, 10:42 pm

VoDoLeI wrote:Hi, everyone! I am in a dilemma now, don't know which one to get? 1.6sx or 2.0 sx? Can anyone advise me on that? Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Icon_biggrin

If I were to spent 50-70k on something, I will already know what my needs are and choose accordingly. Wonder you do the same when you choose a gf or wife.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 12th November 2009, 10:52 pm

who told you FC for 2.0 is poor....

I find it acceptable and ok lei... 1 week only use half a tank.. and my FC is around 10km/L which I find it very good....

As for performance... Forte in the first place is not a performance car.. it more of a family car.. and I find the handling and comfort of driving the 2.0L all the way to 160km/hr without problem...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by VoDoLeI 12th November 2009, 11:06 pm

keigo wrote:who told you FC for 2.0 is poor....

I find it acceptable and ok lei... 1 week only use half a tank.. and my FC is around 10km/L which I find it very good....

As for performance... Forte in the first place is not a performance car.. it more of a family car.. and I find the handling and comfort of driving the 2.0L all the way to 160km/hr without problem...

Agree with you keigo, my dad owns a Kia Rondo ( Carens ) which shares the same engine with 2.0 Forte, the FC is quite acceptable for such a heavy car, and Forte is much lighter compare to Rondo.

VoDoLeI

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 13th November 2009, 8:37 am

1.6 is usually enough for most people. but if you have the extra cash to spend, might as well keep it

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 14th November 2009, 1:11 am

I test drove the 1.6A and 2.0A before my purchase. Both seem to accelerate about the same with normal driving mode. If press accelerator in a hurry mode, it seem that the 2.0A is slightly more eager to move on. But the 1.6A is also not bad for quick acceleration if rushing for time. End up bot the 1.6A for better FC during traffic jam condition in Spore and lower rd tax + lower initial cost price of car. Save the $$$ and spend on other things in life....!!!
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 14th November 2009, 10:39 pm

If got enough $$$ i'll buy over LTA.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 15th November 2009, 8:15 am

Blacks wrote:If got enough $$$ i'll buy over LTA.

the govt will buy you out of spore first

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 16th November 2009, 11:17 am

well other extra factor that I buy 2.0L is due to the 6 air bag instead of 2...

If you see the trail test of the forte with 2 air bag and 6 air bag you will know how the 6 air bag can save your family life...

same like insurance when you dont need it.. it is totally useless and waste of $$....

But when time come you need it.. it become a life saver....

That why some of my fren die die will drive a continental car. Not for look or status but more for safety.

lastly beside that time when I purchase my car the 1.6 and 2.0 is less then 6K different only. Well now it even a bigger gap..

so it's all your say...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 16th November 2009, 11:27 am

not to mention now the 1.6SX costs more than my 2.0SX... thanks to COE
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by armstrong 17th November 2009, 12:09 am

VoDoLeI wrote:

Hi may i ask what is CBU is it build by naza?
btw malaysia forte SX or EX versions come with what size of rims?

armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 17th November 2009, 2:21 am

keigo wrote:well other extra factor that I buy 2.0L is due to the 6 air bag instead of 2...

If you see the trail test of the forte with 2 air bag and 6 air bag you will know how the 6 air bag can save your family life...

same like insurance when you dont need it.. it is totally useless and waste of $$....

But when time come you need it.. it become a life saver....

That why some of my fren die die will drive a continental car. Not for look or status but more for safety.

lastly beside that time when I purchase my car the 1.6 and 2.0 is less then 6K different only. Well now it even a bigger gap..

so it's all your say...

thats rite! when we bought our 2.0L forte, the price diff is not v big. insurance wise oso a few hundred $$$ more nia... y not go for extra power when we know driving is wad we enjoy!!!! Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? 332362 but ar...my FC really poor. now on Blitz racing oil after my 10k servicing im still getting 9km/L. y huh? is it my right foot gains weight???
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Which one is preferrable? 1.6sx or 2.0sx? Empty malaysia Kia Forte

Post by koji88 28th November 2009, 12:18 am

Naza Kia launch 3 version of Forte in msia. 1.6EX (RM75,800), 1.6SX (RM81,800)and 2.0SX (RM93,800).

1.6EX comes in 15" tyres, 1.6SX and 2.0SX in 17'.

koji88

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th November 2009, 1:03 am

sad news to add.. naza is going to be the "regional assembly source" for KIA.. as quoted... they are working on that.. so.. the CKD might affect us also.. hope not...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by koji88 28th November 2009, 1:22 am

Well, at the moment for the msian market they are offering CBU for the first 400 units, if i got my facst right.

As being the regional assembly source, i hope they will do a better job this time and not screw up the Kia brand. Basically, I dont really have much faith in Korean makes. Currently, me having a Honda.

I am gonna test drive the 1.6SX, with 17" tyres. Anyone who is currently driving the same specs care to share on FC?

koji88

Back to top Go down

Post by koji88 28th November 2009, 1:29 am

Will be going for a test drive tomorrow in melaka. Looking at the 1.6SX with 17" tyres. Not sure how the FC will be like. Anyone out there who have the same specs care to share on FC?

At RM81,800 its definately a bargain compared to Honda City 1.5 (Rm84K) or even Toyota Altis 1.6auto.

Only concern I have is the reliability of the engine. Heard the 1.6 engine is the same as Spectra5. Any ideas?

koji88

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th November 2009, 1:57 am

Think this should help you alot.. heee..
generally i am getting at 7.6~8l/100km mostly highway...

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-cars-only-f30/fuel-consumption-t4-950.htm?highlight=fuel

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum