Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

A/C emit smelly air after first turned on

+3
KnightRider
kei66
Friendlyfool
7 posters

Go down

A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty A/C emit smelly air after first turned on

Post by Friendlyfool 4th November 2009, 9:12 am

Good morning bros/sisters, any one experience the same problem as above mentioned subject?
How to rectify it?

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty Re: A/C emit smelly air after first turned on

Post by kei66 4th November 2009, 9:15 am

i bought this... solar ionizer from home fix.. cost $60+ i think but uses solar energy, very good .. i like it.. so far so good.. Smile

U can consider.
kei66
kei66

Back to top Go down

A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Empty Re: A/C emit smelly air after first turned on

Post by Friendlyfool 4th November 2009, 9:24 am

I have an ioniser too. bought from Autobacs...
however after a while the A/C smells nornmal... its only the startup part.... i suspect its the filter..

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 4th November 2009, 10:17 am

If its those sweaty smell....set the aircon to hot..and blast for a few mins.....

Reason for such is that bacteria grows......those fungal...use warm air will kill them....
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 4th November 2009, 12:28 pm

ok will try

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 4th November 2009, 12:32 pm

Smelly carpet?
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 4th November 2009, 12:33 pm

no its not - from the A/C

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 4th November 2009, 12:45 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:no its not - from the A/C

Some of us have problem with the carpet as they emit certain bad smell and becos the A/C circulates the air, when you on it, the smell seemed to come from the A/C but actually it is from the carpet. At least for my case it was.

I just washed the new 3A/3M carpet with nice smelly detergent and the bad smell is kinda gone already from the A/C.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 4th November 2009, 1:41 pm

bro aural, hmm will try to wash the carpet

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by cashman 4th November 2009, 3:28 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:Good morning bros/sisters, any one experience the same problem as above mentioned subject?
How to rectify it?

Could be ur air freshener,.. A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Icon_redface

dun use it first and put a ionizer in your car A/C emit smelly air after first turned on 332362

recomend u use those bigger ionizer .. A/C emit smelly air after first turned on Alien
cashman
cashman

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 4th November 2009, 5:10 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:bro aural, hmm will try to wash the carpet

Some of the bros here used to have that "smell" problem with a particular brand of carpet...

No point washing it...

Juz Air it will do.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 4th November 2009, 5:25 pm

joepele wrote:
Friendlyfool wrote:bro aural, hmm will try to wash the carpet

Some of the bros here used to have that "smell" problem with a particular brand of carpet...

No point washing it...

Juz Air it will do.

Maybe but after washing the smell went away le.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 4th November 2009, 6:26 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:Good morning bros/sisters, any one experience the same problem as above mentioned subject?
How to rectify it?

bro, a aircon tech taught me once last time when i had similar experience regarding this issue.. maybe you want try. works for me.

the smell is due to bacterial / fungi growing inside the aircon duct or somewhere inside because of the water vapour condensed inside.

so the method he taught is as per follows,

when u're driving home or reaching a destination, few to 5 mins before reaching, switch off the A/C without turning off the fan.

this will allow the water that was condensed inside to drip out from the vehicle.. do these a few times and the smell would go away.

you may want to give it a try before buying anything to remove the smell.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 4th November 2009, 6:27 pm

vro epig, thanks .... will try it Smile

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 4th November 2009, 6:35 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:vro epig, thanks .... will try it Smile

no prob, but ur car shd be less than 1 yr old.. so by right shdnt have this bacterial problem unless

you're always sweating / sweaty when you enter the vehicle, turn on a/c and drive off..

or.. you're always testing your suspension with someone in some dark areas.. LOL..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 5th November 2009, 10:28 am

hhmm not rteally.... i have a dog though

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 5th November 2009, 11:23 am

actually the bacteria will grow even if its in new car...

wet and warm weather helps to speed up the process...my previous ride...6mths old only....also smells.....unless telling me KIA cars are like that, then i got nothing to say liao, hahah!!
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down