Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
More info on the CnC GPS Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
More info on the CnC GPS Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
More info on the CnC GPS Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
More info on the CnC GPS Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
More info on the CnC GPS Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
More info on the CnC GPS Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
More info on the CnC GPS Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
More info on the CnC GPS Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
More info on the CnC GPS Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

More info on the CnC GPS

+7
greatgazoo
Forte899
Potatoes
jl1500k
eric lee
impact2001
danielg
11 posters

Go down

More info on the CnC GPS Empty More info on the CnC GPS

Post by danielg 3rd October 2009, 4:42 am

Just booked my Forte 1.6SX(A) couple days back. The SE is willing to throw in the reverse cam and GPS for free. But when I ask for more details about the GPS, he does not know. So any bros here has this installed, hopefully can answer my questions:

1. What brand is this?
  2. Can do 2D / 3D navigation?
  3. Can search by postal codes?
  4. Include Malaysian map?
  5. Any yearly subscriptions?
  6. How to get updated maps?
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

More info on the CnC GPS Empty Re: More info on the CnC GPS

Post by impact2001 3rd October 2009, 5:19 pm

Just take it.. at least the reverse camera parking is worth it.. Smile
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by eric lee 3rd October 2009, 5:22 pm

wow so good your SE......i bought the same type 3 mths back only come with BK and Visor.......
eric lee
eric lee

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 3rd October 2009, 8:25 pm

That time SE offer me and i never take it becos I perfer external type so that i can detach it and bring home to configure instead of stay in the car to play with it. Somemore have to remove the clock away.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by eric lee 4th October 2009, 4:09 am

bro its the same if you are driving for more than 3 to 5 years.....
eric lee
eric lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 4th October 2009, 8:49 am

jl1500k wrote:That time SE offer me and i never take it becos I perfer external type so that i can detach it and bring home to configure instead of stay in the car to play with it. Somemore have to remove the clock away.

I agree with u... I still prefer detachable.... can take with u when u change car the next time mah....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by danielg 4th October 2009, 2:46 pm

Seems like not many have opt for this built in GPS...
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 4th October 2009, 2:57 pm

Hi Bro,
I paid for my GPS and Reverse Cam for $1200 wif freebies Rikecool, alarm and reverse sensor. SE only say GPS and Reverse Cam is from Taiwan and warranty is CnC. I prefer integrated is more on easily focus to one area only.

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 4th October 2009, 8:52 pm

danielg wrote:Seems like not many have opt for this built in GPS...

You can get a very good GPS like Garmin with less than $500. If bought from IT show like COMEX or coming Sitex Show on 26-29 Nov 2009 will have better discount with freebie.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 4th October 2009, 9:04 pm

Different people has got different preferrence. It all depends on each individually More info on the CnC GPS Icon_biggrin
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by danielg 10th November 2009, 10:41 am

Just installed my stock GPS last week. Find that it is not too bad. Using the Agis maps, so Omnia users should find this familiar and easy to use.

When the system bootup after starting engine, can see for a spilt second that it has a "Play Media" option. But this was displayed for only a fraction of a second. So likely there is this feature but CnC or their supplier disabled this. Any bro seen this? Good if someone has a lobang to re-enable back this feature.

Find that the touchscreen not very sensitive. About 1/3 of the times, have to click the screen a 2nd time for the touch to register. But the 5" LCD looks just nice for the GPS/reverse camera, though might be small for movie. At least it don't look as bulky as the 7" LCD + console cover that I saw in the MCD boss's car. That one looks a little weird.

The LCD also comes with a remote control. Can change the video input from GPS to Video 1 and Video 2. IIRC, video 2 is for the reverse camera. So likely still have video 1 to play with for input.

Below the front passenger seat is the GPS module. Have a SD card port that contains the maps software. Also have a USB port, donno can plug in a thumbdrive with movie/music of not.

Next is donno how to update map. Went to Aegis website cannot find the update for this Orion brand GPS. Maybe have to call the supplier.

Anyway, that's my experience with the GPS that CnC gave. Not much time to play with it yet. Will likely try to plug in a video source and USB drive to try out the various functions this weekend.
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 10th November 2009, 2:23 pm

Picture please!
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 10th November 2009, 3:33 pm

danielg wrote:Just installed my stock GPS last week. Find that it is not too bad. Using the Agis maps, so Omnia users should find this familiar and easy to use.

When the system bootup after starting engine, can see for a spilt second that it has a "Play Media" option. But this was displayed for only a fraction of a second. So likely there is this feature but CnC or their supplier disabled this. Any bro seen this? Good if someone has a lobang to re-enable back this feature.

Find that the touchscreen not very sensitive. About 1/3 of the times, have to click the screen a 2nd time for the touch to register. But the 5" LCD looks just nice for the GPS/reverse camera, though might be small for movie. At least it don't look as bulky as the 7" LCD + console cover that I saw in the MCD boss's car. That one looks a little weird.

The LCD also comes with a remote control. Can change the video input from GPS to Video 1 and Video 2. IIRC, video 2 is for the reverse camera. So likely still have video 1 to play with for input.

Below the front passenger seat is the GPS module. Have a SD card port that contains the maps software. Also have a USB port, donno can plug in a thumbdrive with movie/music of not.

Next is donno how to update map. Went to Aegis website cannot find the update for this Orion brand GPS. Maybe have to call the supplier.

Anyway, that's my experience with the GPS that CnC gave. Not much time to play with it yet. Will likely try to plug in a video source and USB drive to try out the various functions this weekend.

Mine I think same as yours (Orion Brand). Given the remote control but was not able to control anything, check wif SE, he say is redundance ( I don't believe what he said ) also still searching for the operation to be fully utilise. From SE say that the map is updated by CnC, need to pay $10 for the service.

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by danielg 10th November 2009, 4:17 pm

Don't mind paying $10 for new maps if every year they can inform us of new maps. My experience with Aegis on my Omnia is they usually release a new map every 6mths for both SG and MY. So if this follows the trend, CnC should always have updated maps. Rather than pay a subscription, $10 per update is not too bad.

BTW, how do we check current map version?
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 10th November 2009, 4:23 pm

If I'm not wrong, once power on there is a Year/Date indicated the latest map updated. I saw mine is Jan 2009. you may try to check yours later to confirm.

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 10th November 2009, 6:21 pm

Can update at the agent's workshop (see manual for address, can't recall who) for free 1st time. Subsequently charging $45. Since SE say CnC charge $10, do a free update first then CnC... heheh..

Don't really like the routing though.. not smart enough. Either via expressway or fastest route. Fastest route always avoid expressway which in the end bring you 1 big round...

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by danielg 10th November 2009, 6:51 pm

kevinhwc wrote:Can update at the agent's workshop (see manual for address, can't recall who) for free 1st time. Subsequently charging $45. Since SE say CnC charge $10, do a free update first then CnC... heheh..

Don't really like the routing though.. not smart enough. Either via expressway or fastest route. Fastest route always avoid expressway which in the end bring you 1 big round...

Actually I'm a bit suspicious if CnC able update the map. More logical that have to go back to agent. Anyone can confirm CnC can update? Who to look for? Maybe I'll call up CnC tomorrow morning to check.
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 10th November 2009, 8:08 pm

Any peektures? Razz
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 10th November 2009, 10:32 pm

danielg wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:Can update at the agent's workshop (see manual for address, can't recall who) for free 1st time. Subsequently charging $45. Since SE say CnC charge $10, do a free update first then CnC... heheh..

Actually I'm a bit suspicious if CnC able update the map. More logical that have to go back to agent. Anyone can confirm CnC can update? Who to look for? Maybe I'll call up CnC tomorrow morning to check.

map updates are most probably provided by 3rd party. i doubt that cnc will take the lead in this. its still better to get a portable gps with good software support

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 10th November 2009, 11:09 pm

Ya, quite true, I only use it when I really dunno the way or lost somewhere, otherwise just stick to my way. And the other thing is the Date and time can only displayed at the main menu it doesn't show in the map page, or is it can be set? More info on the CnC GPS Confused any bro can advise?

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 11th November 2009, 8:54 am

Forte899 wrote:

Ya, quite true, I only use it when I really dunno the way or lost somewhere, otherwise just stick to my way. And the other thing is the Date and time can only displayed at the main menu it doesn't show in the map page, or is it can be set? More info on the CnC GPS Confused any bro can advise?

Until now, I still have no idea how to see the TIME when the map is in operation More info on the CnC GPS Icon_eek ....

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 11th November 2009, 10:47 am

The Date/Time is displayed on top of the Mainmenu Page. More info on the CnC GPS Icon_smile

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 11th November 2009, 8:07 pm

Forte899 wrote:The Date/Time is displayed on top of the Mainmenu Page. More info on the CnC GPS Icon_smile

Not much of a use coz I usually just leave the map on.. can c where am I.. but the downside is without time..

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down