Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
New IU Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
New IU Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
New IU Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
New IU Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
New IU Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
New IU Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
New IU Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
New IU Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
New IU Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

New IU

+4
Aura
inrike
humbug
daniu82
8 posters

Go down

New IU Empty New IU

Post by daniu82 27th September 2009, 9:25 pm

Hi, anybody went to anywhere but the new IU cannot be read?? I just went to taman jurong food centre but my new IU cannot be read. I went to jurong point tat day and it can be read..... Any comments??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

New IU Empty Re: New IU

Post by humbug 27th September 2009, 10:16 pm

what card are u using. not all carpark can read the new ezlink card. use back the old cashcard.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 27th September 2009, 10:18 pm

humbug wrote:what card are u using. not all carpark can read the new ezlink card. use back the old cashcard.

i am using a cash card...... Dunno izzit the carpark cannot read the new IU?? Got this possibility??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by inrike 27th September 2009, 10:23 pm

daniu82 wrote:
humbug wrote:what card are u using. not all carpark can read the new ezlink card. use back the old cashcard.

i am using a cash card...... Dunno izzit the carpark cannot read the new IU?? Got this possibility??
Had that problem last week. I'm using the new IU; brought to VICOM, they checked the wiring and got it fixed. I think loose wiring.

inrike

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 27th September 2009, 10:25 pm

I will keep monitoring, if still cannot then need to fix it le..... Where to fix?? Only VICOM??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by inrike 27th September 2009, 10:28 pm

daniu82 wrote:I will keep monitoring, if still cannot then need to fix it le..... Where to fix?? Only VICOM??

Ithink you need to get it fixed ASAP. It's free anyway =)

Here's the list of inspection centers

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/inspection/other_appointed_centres.html

inrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 28th September 2009, 11:23 am

daniu82 wrote:Hi, anybody went to anywhere but the new IU cannot be read?? I just went to taman jurong food centre but my new IU cannot be read. I went to jurong point tat day and it can be read..... Any comments??

I suppose there are 2 things we need to be aware.

1. Completely not working
2. Cannot read at certain CPs.

1. Mine was broken within 1st week. The cable was loose and you can easily fix this yourself by opening the cover (near the IU unit) and make sure the connections are connected properly. Else you are get free inspection and the IU inspection centers.

2. If CP operators do not upgrade their system, they cannot detect the new IU. In this case, you just have to insert your cashcard into the machine to gain exit. Not convenient I know but no choice.

Hope this helps.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 28th September 2009, 7:39 pm

I put in a cash card and there is a beep sound with the amount left displayed. I went to STA to check my IU, the person also said tat some car parks cannot read the new IU, therefore need to insert card manually. So I asked if the new solar film, which is installed in MY, the source of the problem. He put in a old model IU into my car then scan with a machine, both IU cannot be detected. We concluded tat the solar film is the problem.... Now I got 2 choices, re-install the solar film here or cut a hole to allow the IU to be detected, but the latter problem is going to be very ugly IMO.... I tink I will go back to the jurong point car park now to further confirm if the solar film is the problem...... Btw, if got amt and beep on the IU then it should not be the IU is faulty right??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 28th September 2009, 7:42 pm

ya happened to me also.. so far only one carpark that is @ Hersing ERA at toa payoh cannot read.. i had to manually come out of the car to insert my cash card to the gate.. maybe due to the new iu not compatible?? i just hope the erp can scan it if not later fine me for not inserting cash card!!!
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th September 2009, 8:38 pm

so far so good with new IU, most of time i dun insert card into IU entering carpark.... think they will reg your IU not the card, but many cannot read ezlink card properly.. so... cash card still a better choice...

Thanks.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 29th September 2009, 12:46 am

i insert card only when exiting carpark. i only use cash card..
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 29th September 2009, 1:03 am

daniu82 wrote:I put in a cash card and there is a beep sound with the amount left displayed. I went to STA to check my IU, the person also said tat some car parks cannot read the new IU, therefore need to insert card manually. So I asked if the new solar film, which is installed in MY, the source of the problem. He put in a old model IU into my car then scan with a machine, both IU cannot be detected. We concluded tat the solar film is the problem.... Now I got 2 choices, re-install the solar film here or cut a hole to allow the IU to be detected, but the latter problem is going to be very ugly IMO.... I tink I will go back to the jurong point car park now to further confirm if the solar film is the problem...... Btw, if got amt and beep on the IU then it should not be the IU is faulty right??

Hi Bros,
Can know wat solar film you use? so that other forumer can take note this. Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 29th September 2009, 8:21 pm

Forte899 wrote:
daniu82 wrote:I put in a cash card and there is a beep sound with the amount left displayed. I went to STA to check my IU, the person also said tat some car parks cannot read the new IU, therefore need to insert card manually. So I asked if the new solar film, which is installed in MY, the source of the problem. He put in a old model IU into my car then scan with a machine, both IU cannot be detected. We concluded tat the solar film is the problem.... Now I got 2 choices, re-install the solar film here or cut a hole to allow the IU to be detected, but the latter problem is going to be very ugly IMO.... I tink I will go back to the jurong point car park now to further confirm if the solar film is the problem...... Btw, if got amt and beep on the IU then it should not be the IU is faulty right??

Hi Bros,
Can know wat solar film you use? so that other forumer can take note this. Thanks

Some unknown brand in MY.... I am going to re-install infratint solar film this sat..... Hope it is good as the reviews said....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by Apul 29th September 2009, 8:38 pm

daniu82 wrote:
Forte899 wrote:

Hi Bros,

Some unknown brand in MY.... I am going to re-install infratint solar film this sat..... Hope it is good as the reviews said....

im using infratint,
its quite good,resonable price..

Apul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum