Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!!

+18
The Blue Cruiser
ace
impact2001
FriesL
VAG
Aura
mighty meow
jonolow
greatgazoo
aural
Happy
jl1500k
shiyre
shawnseah82
Yewcg
Terrier
waypoint
Protege
22 posters

Go down

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!!

Post by Protege 20th September 2009, 2:38 am

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_sad Sigh.... 2.5 months old backside was kissed A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_evil A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! 316913 . Damage of changing a new bumper & reverse sensor is about $3k..... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_eek
Protege
Protege

Back to top Go down

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty Re: A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!!

Post by waypoint 20th September 2009, 2:40 am

Aw shucks... I feel kek sim for you also. Take it to the limit as far as fair repairs are concerned. Make it as good as new again.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Empty Re: A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!!

Post by Terrier 20th September 2009, 2:43 am

not under your cost mah.. so why worried =)

better than some hit and run.. dont even pay =(
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Protege 20th September 2009, 2:47 am

Ya, but some processes involved because the car owners want to settle privately.... Now quite worried on the implication.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_question A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_question
Protege
Protege

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 20th September 2009, 2:51 am

anyway today there's a very bad accident at AMK MSCP!

a pickup.. just like the 1 on waypoint avatar, high speed turned down and lost control that hit 3 cars very badly damage.. imagine the 3 car are handbrake stationary, the impact force 2 of the car to the side wall and the 3rd 1 got very badly front dmg.

I guess the owner of the 3 cars were called up by the police for verification, when im arrive at the scene just nice 1 owner came up and she kept saying.. "wah lao eh, omg" who's the driver.. where is it? then she go over and look at her car. Can see her shock and surprise looks.. Yes her "Rio" is the most badly damage which front bumper gone, radiator water leak and engine is injured too.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 20th September 2009, 2:53 am

Protege wrote:Ya, but some processes involved because the car owners want to settle privately.... Now quite worried on the implication.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_question A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_question

hope u nv forget to take down his

Name
Nric
address
mobile no.
place of accident

pictures of your car and his car

videos of the whole incident (optional)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Yewcg 20th September 2009, 12:37 pm

Terrier wrote:anyway today there's a very bad accident at AMK MSCP!

a pickup.. just like the 1 on waypoint avatar, high speed turned down and lost control that hit 3 cars very badly damage.. imagine the 3 car are handbrake stationary, the impact force 2 of the car to the side wall and the 3rd 1 got very badly front dmg.

I guess the owner of the 3 cars were called up by the police for verification, when im arrive at the scene just nice 1 owner came up and she kept saying.. "wah lao eh, omg" who's the driver.. where is it? then she go over and look at her car. Can see her shock and surprise looks.. Yes her "Rio" is the most badly damage which front bumper gone, radiator water leak and engine is injured too.

Which MSCP? I staying AMK also..... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_eek Wah like tat if no one saw the pickup licence plate then how to claim?
Think muz install motion camera b4 case like this happen.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_neutral
Yewcg
Yewcg

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 20th September 2009, 12:43 pm

Yewcg wrote:

Which MSCP? I staying AMK also..... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_eek Wah like tat if no one saw the pickup licence plate then how to claim?
Think muz install motion camera b4 case like this happen.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_neutral
yeah me too AMK is it at amk hub? there got 2 MSCP
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th September 2009, 1:27 pm

The floor of the MSCP must've been wet from the downpour resulting in the pickup losing traction. Most pickup drivers/owners also tend to 'stinge' on tyres especially if the commercial vehicles they drive are solely for business use. When I was driving my pickup, the tyre shop I first went to and eventually became my regular source, at first didn't understand why I would spend money on a set of Michelin MXTs for a pickup truck every 1.5-years without fail(tyres in-use tend to further harden over time). Well, if the 'cargo' is my family, I'm not going to be frugal on the only 4-contact points between the truck and the road as well as servicing schedules. Period. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_evil

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Nissan2

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Image009b

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Image025

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Image021

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Polyurethane

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! PICT0611

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! PICT0613

I hope they get the culprit. People like them give commercial vehicle drivers a bad name. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_mad

BR,
w a y

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 20th September 2009, 1:38 pm

The pickup driver called the police himself and surrender..

He got no choice, with that impact and loud BANG~ anyone inside the MSCP can hear it and kaypo abt it.

Somemore its very near to the washing bay which is always occupied at all times.

it is at BLK 596 AMK MSCP.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by shiyre 20th September 2009, 5:38 pm

Protege wrote:A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_sad Sigh.... 2.5 months old backside was kissed A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_evil A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! 316913 . Damage of changing a new bumper & reverse sensor is about $3k..... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_eek
Dont need to be upset. My car kanna kissed at backside twice by 2 different cars in the first week. Tot it's God's way of telling me to buy 4D for my car. But sadly it's not... Life goes on....

shiyre

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 20th September 2009, 8:21 pm

Protege wrote:Ya, but some processes involved because the car owners want to settle privately.... Now quite worried on the implication.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_question A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_question

Settle privately? better be careful. For me whether settle privately or not still got to report insurance. Just in case kena play out. For me i very kaisu type one if want to settle privately can, pay me half of the repair cost first (in your case is $1500) write in detail black and white in the piece of paper and sign it. This is to protect your backside incase kena back fire. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Suspect
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Protege 21st September 2009, 2:59 am

Thanks all the bros & sis advices and concern. Shiyre, do you have an idea of the cost of changing the whole bumper? jl1500k, reporting will affect his NCD even though it is settled privately.... i think....
Protege
Protege

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 21st September 2009, 7:44 am

Protege wrote:Thanks all the bros & sis advices and concern. Shiyre, do you have an idea of the cost of changing the whole bumper? jl1500k, reporting will affect his NCD even though it is settled privately.... i think....

Reporting will not affect his NCD. Only when there is a claim against his insurance then he will kena lor.

That fellow who bang you want to settle privately for 3K? If i was that guy i rather let you claim my insurance. Becos is not just few hundred dollar. Unless that fellow is rich lor. Remember must have blank and white written down if want to settle privately.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 21st September 2009, 6:11 pm

may i ask why some insurance claim require to draw pictures? where to get those insurance paper for drawing?

or just get info below is good enough?
Name
Nric
address
mobile no.
place of accident

Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 21st September 2009, 9:37 pm

Happy wrote:may i ask why some insurance claim require to draw pictures? where to get those insurance paper for drawing?

Name
Nric
address
mobile no.
place of accident

Sometimes pictures better than a thousand words. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_eek
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Protege 21st September 2009, 11:15 pm

jl1500k, it is settled... Now worrying about when i can get my backside fixed... Haizz... for instance, many are still waiting for their bodykits. I am not sure if KIA store any bumper in their repair centre. I hope that I don't need to wait for it to be imported from Korea.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_rolleyes
Protege
Protege

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 21st September 2009, 11:18 pm

Happy wrote:may i ask why some insurance claim require to draw pictures? where to get those insurance paper for drawing?

Name
Nric
address
mobile no.
place of accident

The paper for accident report is so that in the event there is a claim, the people on the spot can write down what is clearest to them. This is because after going back home or to another place, that gives the individual to think about the incident and the story might change. So by right the paper is meant to be drawn, written and signed by both on the spot.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 22nd September 2009, 12:59 am

Protege wrote:jl1500k, it is settled... Now worrying about when i can get my backside fixed... Haizz... for instance, many are still waiting for their bodykits. I am not sure if KIA store any bumper in their repair centre. I hope that I don't need to wait for it to be imported from Korea.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_rolleyes

You better give C&C a call to see if they have stock cos if not you will have to wait for them to import in which may take weeks.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jonolow 22nd September 2009, 11:56 am

Protege wrote:jl1500k, it is settled... Now worrying about when i can get my backside fixed... Haizz... for instance, many are still waiting for their bodykits. I am not sure if KIA store any bumper in their repair centre. I hope that I don't need to wait for it to be imported from Korea.... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_rolleyes

Welcome to the club man. I feel your pain! Mine kena kissed last week, luckily the other driver was very cooperative. Went to C&C at Pandan Gardens, need to change the bumper and brackets, estimated cost is 2k plus. Can only bring in next week to repair so in the mean time have to live with a faulty backside. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_sad

jonolow

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 22nd September 2009, 12:17 pm

hmm..I just drov3 my car for only 3 weeks and i got kiss by a p plate lady.. luckily that she is also agreed on the claims thats y i got it done quite smoothly.. but also got this feeling that the car is not perfet anymore... haizs... rem to claim wat u should be getting, when your car is in service workshop. look thru my thread i have post it before.
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 22nd September 2009, 1:47 pm

Bro, when u new car, always insist go back authorized dealer (C&C) for repair no matter u settle privately or not. Else better to report.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 23rd September 2009, 9:35 pm

jl1500k wrote:

Name
Nric
address
mobile no.
place of accident

Sometimes pictures better than a thousand words. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_eek

thks bro, point noted. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! 332362
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 23rd September 2009, 9:37 pm

aural wrote:

Name
Nric
address
mobile no.
place of accident

The paper for accident report is so that in the event there is a claim, the people on the spot can write down what is clearest to them. This is because after going back home or to another place, that gives the individual to think about the incident and the story might change. So by right the paper is meant to be drawn, written and signed by both on the spot.

thks for the info, bro. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_biggrin but where to get such papers? or use any A4 paper will do? SE never give any during car collection and SE claimed that they don't give out such insurance papers when my friend asked him. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Kopfschuettel
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 29th September 2009, 6:23 pm

Just curious...does the backside impact damage any inner structure? Cuz I heard most jap car don't have back impact bar inside the bumper..so any strong collision will damage the inner structure.

Hopes that our forte is stronge enough for this kind of collision.
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th September 2009, 6:26 pm

Happy wrote:
thks for the info, bro. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_biggrin but where to get such papers? or use any A4 paper will do? SE never give any during car collection and SE claimed that they don't give out such insurance papers when my friend asked him. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Kopfschuettel

There is a standard format. I'll see if i can bring some along next MU. Make sure everyone has one copy in their car. Lol.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 2nd October 2009, 12:02 pm

hi, bro.. can maybe scan and post? Thx...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 3rd October 2009, 5:07 pm

aural wrote:
Happy wrote:

There is a standard format. I'll see if i can bring some along next MU. Make sure everyone has one copy in their car. Lol.

Thks for sharing, bro! A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! 332362
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 3rd October 2009, 5:10 pm

Happy wrote:
aural wrote:

Name
Nric
address
mobile no.
place of accident

Yesterday I just kissed one OLD HONDA backside... I was very surprised to find my car nothing wrong, no scratches, no dents on the front side except for my car plate bend inwards.. His bumper tio paint chip off and some minor dents in the center..

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Imag0110

A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Imag0111

After exchanging numbers, we just proceed driving on in order not to block the traffic.. He say will contact me. True enough, late evening he contacted me and expresses he want to change the entire bumper.. I was shocked as the collosion impact was not big enough as if resulting his bumper torn into pcs or cracked etc...

Today I immediately went C&C to file accidental report, expressing my concern that I could be subject to fraud claim if that person choose to change bumper, as least i have pictures to back me up that after the accident, the bumper dmg was not serious till required to change the entire bumper... The C&C SE who attended to me also don't believe need to chg entire bumper judging from my physical car appearance and the pictures i passed to him. So he will take note and notify the insurance in any case should the person claim much more than required.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 3rd October 2009, 5:32 pm

That clown wants to change to a new bumper and he think you are the ticket to that change....

Good thing to have pictures.....because past cases law is that the guy who hit from behind is 99.9% at fault e.g. drive too close, drive too fast, did not pay attention, blah blah blah....

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 3rd October 2009, 5:42 pm

ace wrote:That clown wants to change to a new bumper and he think you are the ticket to that change....

Good thing to have pictures.....because past cases law is that the guy who hit from behind is 99.9% at fault e.g. drive too close, drive too fast, did not pay attention, blah blah blah....

I admitted is my fault as i did not pay attention to it when the car is stopped. but luckily it happened that i was driving very slowly ard less than 15km/hr (waiting to enter carpark, I never stepped on the accelerator but slightly on the brake). the crush impact was not as serious as i can see for my car was not dented, no paint chip off (he can still joke with me saying korean chasis got so hard meh).

I also dunno why his car so "tofu".. But anyway I offer him to go workshop to access the dmg, he say he need to rush and will get back to me lo... Heng, I follow him and remember where he park his car.. I just went to take pics just in case..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 3rd October 2009, 6:01 pm

Japanese cars in the past are as weak as today's China cars. it is not a surprise that his car sustained a higher damage than yours. A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 4th October 2009, 12:19 am

wow impact bro, glad that u & yr ride are ok. that guy is really a sucker, man! not much dent ... wana change bumper. i think any1 kana his door, he will call back to say change a brand new car.

siao! he think everybody on the road is carrot head hah! A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_porc
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 4th October 2009, 7:46 am

Happy wrote:
siao! he think everybody on the road is carrot head hah! A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_porc

i think he know that not everyone is a carrot head. however he most probably went to private workshop and ws advised him that he can get more w/o doing more.... just let the ws do it... A Car Kissed My Car Backside.... Sigh!!!! Icon_mad
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 4th October 2009, 8:45 am

impact2001 wrote:
ace wrote:That clown wants to change to a new bumper and he think you are the ticket to that change....

I admitted is my fault as i did not pay attention to it when the car is stopped. but luckily it happened that i was driving very slowly ard less than 15km/hr (waiting to enter carpark, I never stepped on the accelerator but slightly on the brake). the crush impact was not as serious as i can see for my car was not dented, no paint chip off (he can still joke with me saying korean chasis got so hard meh).

I also dunno why his car so "tofu".. But anyway I offer him to go workshop to access the dmg, he say he need to rush and will get back to me lo... Heng, I follow him and remember where he park his car.. I just went to take pics just in case..

Hi Impact,

I had similar experience about 2 years ago... I hit a Toyota Altis and there was no dent, just a few small scratches.... we actually thought that the repair is minor. Guess what ... after sending to the workshop for examination.... it worked out to be about $750. They had to change the whole bumper and repair the lock at the boot.

So I have learnt to drive carefully and keep safety distance ....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 4th October 2009, 1:19 pm

Potatoes wrote:

Hi Impact,

I had similar experience about 2 years ago... I hit a Toyota Altis and there was no dent, just a few small scratches.... we actually thought that the repair is minor. Guess what ... after sending to the workshop for examination.... it worked out to be about $750. They had to change the whole bumper and repair the lock at the boot.

So I have learnt to drive carefully and keep safety distance ....

Hmmm... i believe if you went to others workshop (not your regular one), those workshops would try to work in favor to themselves by earning a profit.. But of cos, there will also be genuine cases lo.. Anyway I suay lo, now waiting for that person to give me a call what he want to do.. If really beyond my private settlement budget, I will just ask him go claim my insurance then...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 4th October 2009, 1:35 pm

impact, if there is no ncd to worry about, just let them claim... however, if you have big ncd, next time rember to buy ncd protector.... I whacked, I mean really whacked, some one bckside last year, his is a proton something, the 2 door version sporty look, with cheong bodykit.... his backside tore.... while my front, a Toyota bB remains intact.... no problem, my car sent to workshop, adjust a little.... ok lioa....

the other car I heard repair bills more thne 3 k, which I believe is resonable, looking at his damages....

anyway, I have protection, so my ncd is not affected.... premium went up by 100 plus, but not bcos of the claim, but because of the general rise of premium across the industry....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 4th October 2009, 1:42 pm

Actually NCD protector is really new to me.. I nv hear of it till you mention in some other post... So is this offer to all insurance companies or just certain respective insurance companies..

Is it a costly adder to sign this up?

I also no worry for my NCD... Just that I felt i had caused the other party in such inconvenience way but not to that extend of exploiting me to chg entire bumper. In fact I am thinking of compensating him SGD$30 or more per day for his car in workshop if he need transport due to his nature of work.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 4th October 2009, 1:45 pm

I don't know how many insurance companies offer, but it is quite common.... I pay less then a hundred dollars.... my NCD is 50%, + 5% good conduct, my saving on premium is substantial, about 700-800.... pay a little extra for peace of mind.... but you will have to be loyal to the insurance company.... it protect NCD for the company but if transfer, it does not protect.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by ahd0t 5th October 2009, 11:06 am

i had a similar one.. just that mine is a rented car.. haha post some pics when i home.. hahaha come to think of it.. its damn freaking funny LOL!! tell long story when i'm home Smile
ahd0t
ahd0t

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down