Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Boleh Land License Issue!!

+5
kapitan
BluZon
Terrier
impact2001
mkkiaforte
9 posters

Go down

Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty Boleh Land License Issue!!

Post by mkkiaforte 25th August 2009, 11:44 pm

Hi,

Can any of our boleh land PRs bros and siss share your experience on holding Singapore driving license but encounter Malaysia TP trying to be difficult because you are Malaysian??

What are the rules that can protect PRs?
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Boleh Land License Issue!! Empty Re: Boleh Land License Issue!!

Post by impact2001 26th August 2009, 12:35 am

You still keep your malaysia license right?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 26th August 2009, 12:37 am

I believe the TP shouldn't make life difficult for you as you are holding a valid license to drive a singapore car in any part of the malaysia...

Next question you may want to ask.. Can your singapore license be entitled to drive a malaysia car?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 26th August 2009, 9:41 am

Thanks impact2001 for replying. Yes some of us still holding Malaysia driving license but it is common knowledge that once the license is converted, your Boleh driving license will become tak boleh. It just like converting to Singaporean, once you have converted, there's no turning back.

Which is why I asked this question to hear from any experienced drivers in this forum.

Thanks also for raising a valid question. One that didn't cross my mind earlier. Anyone can shed some lights too?
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 26th August 2009, 9:45 am

Singapore License is a English license which is International license.

But somehow, you are advised to get a conversion license if you are in a non-english country. E.g. China, msia, indo

But if you are driving SG car with a SG license. Showing SG license is alright

but if you are driving other country car with SG license, then required conversion for non-english country only.

I got summon driving indo car for not doing conversion license to bahasa and im good to go with driving car in aussie with sg license
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 26th August 2009, 2:53 pm

hi, just to clarify.. sgp license is not international license... to drive at oversea, either in other asia country, australia or etc, you will still need to get the international license.. pls dont think ur sgp license can drive anywhere... kena summon then u will suffer

singapore license drive at msia is ok... either singapore reg car or msia car.. just that some feedback that when you drive msia car and got to accident claim.. is not protected.. but i still not sure... msia police or tp they see you drive msia car with sgp license, they may asking u to hope for kopi money...; but u may question them back... i experince that... they know once u converting sgp license ur msia license will been sespended ... i ever call jpj on this... their answer is very nice... u can drive with sgo license... thus u dont need to hold 2 license and u dodnt need to pay for renewal fee.. wow... so kind considerable gov...

you may activate back your msia license once you decide to leave sgp and cancel your sgp license... no issue..

but, if can, you may try to renew your msia license at those kampung area.... like your hometown... but definate not at jb.. some of my friend they manage to renew their msia license at small town after converting to sgp license... for those converted sgp license last 10yrs... should be able to still renew their msia license anywhere

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 26th August 2009, 3:18 pm

Thanks BluZon and Terrier for the tips and information.

Really helpful and much appreciated.

Last edited by mkkiaforte on 26th August 2009, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 26th August 2009, 3:30 pm

BluZon wrote:hi, just to clarify.. sgp license is not international license... to drive at oversea, either in other asia country, australia or etc, you will still need to get the international license.. pls dont think ur sgp license can drive anywhere... kena summon then u will suffer

I rented cars in Australia without international license, even a caravan, as long is driving license is a photo license and in English, no problems. Likewise, in Thailand and Belgium, where I had rented cars before.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 26th August 2009, 3:43 pm

BluZon wrote:hi, just to clarify.. sgp license is not international license... to drive at oversea, either in other asia country, australia or etc, you will still need to get the international license.. pls dont think ur sgp license can drive anywhere... kena summon then u will suffer

singapore license drive at msia is ok... either singapore reg car or msia car.. just that some feedback that when you drive msia car and got to accident claim.. is not protected.. but i still not sure... msia police or tp they see you drive msia car with sgp license, they may asking u to hope for kopi money...; but u may question them back... i experince that... they know once u converting sgp license ur msia license will been sespended ... i ever call jpj on this... their answer is very nice... u can drive with sgo license... thus u dont need to hold 2 license and u dodnt need to pay for renewal fee.. wow... so kind considerable gov...

you may activate back your msia license once you decide to leave sgp and cancel your sgp license... no issue..

but, if can, you may try to renew your msia license at those kampung area.... like your hometown... but definate not at jb.. some of my friend they manage to renew their msia license at small town after converting to sgp license... for
those converted sgp license last 10yrs... should be able to still renew their msia license anywhere

Eh.. something to add on.
For SG Citizen,
SG license go Msia drive Msia car is Ok....
BUT SG license drive Msia car in SG is NOT OK.
Do take note.
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by miko komi 26th August 2009, 4:25 pm

i always drive malaysia car with sg license. If the kena stop by TP, just tell them to issue the summon lah... see what they write on the summon paper. Smile Legally we can drive malaysia car with Sgp license unless we are going to stay there for more than 6 months
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by hapifrut 26th August 2009, 5:07 pm

In the first place, why the TP stop u and request to see your lesen?

If they're out for kopi money hunt, irregardless of Sgp or Msia lesen, u still need to feed them. Maybe upon seeing Sgp lesen, u need to feed more.

If they stop u for driving 75km/h at 70km/h limit Skudai expressway, there's really no point argueing although it's only exceeding by 5km/h. Your 1st response should be apologetic and act innocent. Next speak their language if u can. If your Malay is 1 biji 1 biji, then don't use Malay as this will further piss him. Prior to that, empty your wallet to about RM10. If he keeps biting and not letting go, keep saying "Tolong la Encik, tolong, saya orang susah... tolong". Typical reply from him, "macam mana u nak I tolong?" Upon hearing this, u know he's willing to nego. Then show him proof u're really orang susah with only RM10 in your wallet.
After that, just follow his instructions lo...

Remember, do not attempt this cheap trick if he's not willing to nego. Usually, don't even need to go to nego mode if u're really fluent with Malay lang (must practise buying fish in the market). Try talk your way out in very very humble manner.

"Bulan Ramadhan Encik, tolong la..."

hapifrut

Back to top Go down

Post by hapifrut 26th August 2009, 5:28 pm

Basically, it is illegal for Malaysians to hold Msia and Sgp licence at the same time. System wise, it's not possible. Upon conversion to Sgp licence, Malaysian lesen should be cancelled. If you still hold both, means it's done undertable.

The only reason why u pay RM30/yr to maintain Msian lesen when u aldy have a Sgp licence is just in case your Sgp licence is hanged, u can at least still drive Msia registered car.

hapifrut

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 26th August 2009, 5:31 pm

Razz This is hilarious, hapifrut.

Sometimes it's good to know where we stand before we tolong lah. Otherwise ta tio kena potong. Very Happy
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 26th August 2009, 8:17 pm

hapifrut wrote:In the first place, why the TP stop u and request to see your lesen?

If they're out for kopi money hunt, irregardless of Sgp or Msia lesen, u still need to feed them. Maybe upon seeing Sgp lesen, u need to feed more.

If they stop u for driving 75km/h at 70km/h limit Skudai expressway, there's really no point argueing although it's only exceeding by 5km/h. Your 1st response should be apologetic and act innocent. Next speak their language if u can. If your Malay is 1 biji 1 biji, then don't use Malay as this will further piss him. Prior to that, empty your wallet to about RM10. If he keeps biting and not letting go, keep saying "Tolong la Encik, tolong, saya orang susah... tolong". Typical reply from him, "macam mana u nak I tolong?" Upon hearing this, u know he's willing to nego. Then show him proof u're really orang susah with only RM10 in your wallet.
After that, just follow his instructions lo...

Remember, do not attempt this cheap trick if he's not willing to nego. Usually, don't even need to go to nego mode if u're really fluent with Malay lang (must practise buying fish in the market). Try talk your way out in very very humble manner.

"Bulan Ramadhan Encik, tolong la..."

haaa..ya very true.. and thumbsup

As for TS,
Me in same situation like you.. actually.. yes.. JPJ posted some notification on their reception in regards to your question.
Yes, we can driver msia car in msia with sg license.. but problem is TP usu dun care and they will "help each other"... u know what i mean..

Sg license is not yet a valid international license.. think you need to pay 20SGD / year to AAM to convert it to International license and be really "validly driving in bolehland..."
here the link to previous discussion on another forum..
http://www.oneshift.com/forum/topic_details.php?page_id=6&fid=7&tid=5163

Hope these helps.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 26th August 2009, 8:26 pm

Thanks all for replying with useful information. I'm eternally grateful.
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 26th August 2009, 9:58 pm

BluZon wrote:hi, just to clarify.. sgp license is not international license... to drive at oversea, either in other asia country, australia or etc, you will still need to get the international license.. pls dont think ur sgp license can drive anywhere...

bro BluZon, I use my SG license buy car in Aussie eh.. I even drive ard AU states and got summon by AU TP. When given my SG license, they just send the bill to my aussie home.

It is allowed to use SG license in English country w/o any conversion!! but for non-english country is depends required to covert anot.

I used to work in BBDC, all these enquires knowledge are from there..

If you are afraid unable to RENT a car or drive car in their country. You can always go and do a International License Conversion. see here: http://www.aas.com.sg/?show=content&showview=8&val=135
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 26th August 2009, 9:59 pm

haha can see mkkiaforte trying hard to stop all the debation..

dont worry bro.. its a discussion for everyone, so its good to clear each other doubts =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 26th August 2009, 11:54 pm

I don't think TS is trying to stop the debate.. In fact he trying to absorb.. I believe the conclusion is clear cut..

1)SG license can drive Msia car/Sg Car in Msia..
2)SG license can ONLY drive SG CAR in Sg.

In addition to that, I like to add on to 1st point.. Its partly true only. In Johor, TP most likely will accept this SG license driving Msia car, but it can't be hold true for other state such as sabah, sarawak or those very further up states..

My sarawak fren converted to Sg license when he was staying in SG. So there was a period of time he need to station back in his hometown, sarawak for a few months but still eventually will come back sg one. He tell me he had to go back and re-convert back to Msia license. So I assuming different states TP will somehow had their own internal system although is ONE MALAYSIA.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 27th August 2009, 12:47 am

u mean ur fren go re-convert his license occasionaly?? thats mean he have to cancel his license and re-apply again?? can meh??

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 27th August 2009, 12:50 am

Not occasionally.. Just for that particular example being posted back to his hometown sarawak.. As he will be there for few months (i think to be station there for a yr), he went reinstate back his malaysia license..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 27th August 2009, 12:53 am

Well.. I think it will be best to really ask the TP of malaysia offically. Smile if all the bros want an answer..

Next question perhaps to ask is, how SG drivers can protect / cover their car with insurance if met accident in malaysia..

I been searching for this answer.. Till date, i get only a vague answer.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 27th August 2009, 12:59 am

ur insurance policy shall have specify that.. it shall be covered from singapore to south thailand... but may b different insurance policy got different term..

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 27th August 2009, 1:31 am

its cover but claim under your name lo.. next time, ur premium will be higher lo.. i talking abt 3rd party claim.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by hapifrut 27th August 2009, 3:45 am

3rd party claim sure ok as long as the police report states 3rd party is at fault. Repair job must be done in Msia. Call up JPJ to check 3rd party insurance, then call 3rd party insurance and explain to them your situation which is their recommended workshop.

3rd party insurance must pay for your damage as long as u hv all the documents (4 docs I think) from TP. The most difficult document is the sketch from TP. They'll make u wait for weeks hoping that u'll drop the case. No matter, it's all worth it when u make that 3rd party fker pay.

Before report police, need to be sure who's at fault. If it's very clear cut 3rd party mistake especially his front side kena your back side, u know u hv the winning card aldy. Best is to settle out of TP. Exchange licence and check licence expiry (psycho him further if he has no licence or expired one), check road tax validity, take pictures of the wreck, etc. If take it to TP, party who's at fault pays the reporting fee of RM400. That's why need to be sure who's at fault.

Even if it's a small scratch, 3rd party shows no remorse, stinge over RM100 paint job and a-ji a-jo, pusing here pusing there, I'd make sure he pays 400 and all the way up to his NCB.

Last but not least, always arm yourself with a something hard, long and solid. Some accidents happen on purpose.

hapifrut

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th August 2009, 12:02 pm

impact2001 wrote:Well.. I think it will be best to really ask the TP of malaysia offically. Smile if all the bros want an answer..

Next question perhaps to ask is, how SG drivers can protect / cover their car with insurance if met accident in malaysia..

I been searching for this answer.. Till date, i get only a vague answer.

Me too.. learned from SE saying its difficult..as i can see...

hapifrut wrote:3rd party claim sure ok as long as the police report states 3rd party is at fault. Repair job must be done in Msia. Call up JPJ to check 3rd party insurance, then call 3rd party insurance and explain to them your situation which is their recommended workshop.

3rd party insurance must pay for your damage as long as u hv all the documents (4 docs I think) from TP. The most difficult document is the sketch from TP. They'll make u wait for weeks hoping that u'll drop the case. No matter, it's all worth it when u make that 3rd party fker pay.

Before report police, need to be sure who's at fault. If it's very clear cut 3rd party mistake especially his front side kena your back side, u know u hv the winning card aldy. Best is to settle out of TP. Exchange licence and check licence expiry (psycho him further if he has no licence or expired one), check road tax validity, take pictures of the wreck, etc. If take it to TP, party who's at fault pays the reporting fee of RM400. That's why need to be sure who's at fault.

Even if it's a small scratch, 3rd party shows no remorse, stinge over RM100 paint job and a-ji a-jo, pusing here pusing there, I'd make sure he pays 400 and all the way up to his NCB.

Last but not least, always arm yourself with a something hard, long and solid. Some accidents happen on purpose.

nice update.. Thanks.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down