Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus!

+11
JuanST
lukester
kysoong
ace
nothing
Fransge
kenneth
chamot16
Terrier
karabi
Cypher
15 posters

Go down

Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus!

Post by Cypher 25th August 2009, 8:58 pm

Last edited by Cypher on 25th August 2009, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus! Empty Re: Nearly Sideswiped By A Bus!

Post by karabi 25th August 2009, 9:15 pm

Can't see no nothing
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 25th August 2009, 9:52 pm

wow u use what to record??

hp ar??

anyway u will be in the fault when there's accident.. cause the bus move off first, beside that bus got wider turning angle and if you move off after the bus, you shld give way to bus rather than bus give way to..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 25th August 2009, 9:57 pm

IMO, its always better to be patient and practise defensive driving/ riding to prevent accidents from happening. (E.g. cars doing narrow turning into carpark while we're turning out)
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 25th August 2009, 10:27 pm

I can understand what TS trying to say. actually bus should stay within it lane when turning but not straight away goes on to the left most lane if the bus want to keep to that lane, in the first place the bus before turning should keep on the left lane but not the right lane.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 25th August 2009, 10:43 pm

kenneth.. its actually depend how narrow is the road..

yes I agreed bus shld stick on left lane rather than turning from the right lane..

anyway.. I drive a 3ton and 5ton before.. the turning radius is depend on the road aso.. when turning, the heavy vehicle tends to take 1.5 lane than an usual 1 lane.

anyway, try avoid turning together with heavy vehicle.. I almost got burger with a private bus and a middle kerb when turning right. So from there onwwards, I always margin myself either the bus move first or i move first.. NV move together..

thanks god you are safe.. so do take note in future =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 25th August 2009, 10:43 pm

kenneth wrote:I can understand what TS trying to say. actually bus should stay within it lane when turning but not straight away goes on to the left most lane if the bus want to keep to that lane, in the first place the bus before turning should keep on the left lane but not the right lane.

Yeah, I agree. That's why I think we should look out for other vehicles on the road and not pay for their mistakes.
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 25th August 2009, 10:44 pm

wa lao, i just now exit from PIE to bukit batok road, when on the merging lane, a damn pcb blue cab chiong & squeeze me to the extreme left lane, i bo bian have to stop, but after we turn the same place, i gave him his own medicine. & fuk him of cos. he LL, fker just wanna go the Idac pump cheap diesel then dun care his car. really idiot sia. i see bus also dun let them out, government treat the bus drivers like god, now they like to suddenly come out from the bus stop without checking. damn those bus drivers. mad
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 25th August 2009, 10:57 pm

haha agreed on bus!!

I always purposely travel at buslane after the time.. when the bus coming out.. i will HORN till other car will brake and tot im horning them..

who cares.. but i only give way to those bus driver will put signal or hand out to signal.. else No-No!!

If you observes.. taxi driver always like to travel in 2 lane along the dotted line.. I will purposely squeeze in and HORN aso.. when they look at me.. i will just shake my head..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 25th August 2009, 11:09 pm

i always do e same at clementi road towards holland. drive at the bus lane before 7.30 & drive along before 5.30. so i funny find some1 same kaki as me, dun like to give way to buses & taxi. but i really hate it when some1 wanna pickup to overtake me, i will counter by driving faster then him & let him smell my smoke if any lol!
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 25th August 2009, 11:15 pm

ohh overtake me.. I wont..

I will let them go past me.. I dont like to challenge pple!

What I hate is.. when im already travel 110km/hr at lane 1.. the car behind me is still damn close to me!! really close.. cannot see their headlight..

Then what I will do is.. NOT increase speed, but left go of my throttle.. the moment he step brake, i will pedal and go.. if he keep on so close.. i will drag till 80km/hr

usually they cannot tahan will change lane.. the moment they change lane. i will pedal and go, so they are stuck in middle lane and the car after him already pick up speed.. so in the end he got stuck behind..

so never speed behind me.. in front of me.. I dont bother =)

if you think 110km/hr on lane 1 is road hog.. den what is the max speed limit in expressway?
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 26th August 2009, 9:12 am

if the road ahead of u is clear and u r on the outermost lane..a faster car approaching from behind, should give way if possible....I hate those self-righteous drivers that like to drive at right lane keeping at their own comfort speed....even when I am travelling at 120km/hr, another car behind fast approaching, I will give way bcos in his context, I m a road hogger.....even though our speed limit is 90km/hr....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 26th August 2009, 9:33 am

Generally common sense should prevail when driving on the road...

Rules are enacted when people don't the reason why they should behave in a certain way.

But sometimes a rule is view in context with another rule....as in the example of the Lane 1 cases....

Rule on the expressway says the speed limit is 90km/h, but in another rule, the right most lane is for overtaking...so if you are at 90km/h and someone behind you are at a higher speed is coming up...well give way to him and come back when he has passed through..... this is only applicable if the road is clear...if it is not, well, it is a different story all together.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 26th August 2009, 9:36 am

watever u guys do... dun challenge trans-island buses... those drivers drive like they own the roads!
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 26th August 2009, 9:37 am

no what... if u are travelling at 110km/hr and overtaking others aso.. the car behind fast and furious.. so wat?? at least im not those travelling the same speed as lane 2 and road hog the whole lane.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th August 2009, 10:20 am

bus and all the big guys should stay in the left lane no matter what ley.

but in such situation, always let bigger guy move first, no choice one. cos if kenna, you are the one who will suffer no matter what, be it emotionally or financially.

Drive safe, and always honk.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 26th August 2009, 10:24 am

agree.... no point getting into accident....
you are angry coz someone cut/tailgate you....
you'll be angrier when ur beloved is dented....
you'll be angriest when cnc/aig you settle pay 50%
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 26th August 2009, 10:33 am

Terrier wrote:kenneth.. its actually depend how narrow is the road..

yes I agreed bus shld stick on left lane rather than turning from the right lane..

anyway.. I drive a 3ton and 5ton before.. the turning radius is depend on the road aso.. when turning, the heavy vehicle tends to take 1.5 lane than an usual 1 lane.

anyway, try avoid turning together with heavy vehicle.. I almost got burger with a private bus and a middle kerb when turning right. So from there onwwards, I always margin myself either the bus move first or i move first.. NV move together..

thanks god you are safe.. so do take note in future =)

I once kanna sandwich in between one SMRT long bus on my left & one big tour bus on my right. SMRT long bus is turning left & Tour bus turning right & I'm the first one in the middle lane waiting for traffic light to turn green so to escape tis situation as I estimate tat one of their ''pipi'' will swing-swipe my forte side if I stay on the stop line. Heng, lights turn green & I escaped. Sad
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th August 2009, 11:17 am

you guys should try, or i mean should not try the road from upper serangoon road joining with bendemeer road, just under the PIE. There are lots of bend and buses. plus the lanes are tiny. I always try to let bigger guys pass.

have to relax. bor bian one.

drive with care.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 26th August 2009, 11:28 am

lukester wrote:you guys should try, or i mean should not try the road from upper serangoon road joining with bendemeer road, just under the PIE. There are lots of bend and buses. plus the lanes are tiny. I always try to let bigger guys pass.

have to relax. bor bian one.

drive with care.

U meant the road turning right direction. Construction ongoing on the right side tio boh? That's a crappy route, agreed. Shocked
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th August 2009, 12:23 pm

yup that plus the way down from potong pasir. i think its alot scarrier
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 26th August 2009, 12:26 pm

somemore always bunmper to bumper from 6pm.... u go wrong lane, u end up going somewhere else..... Smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 26th August 2009, 1:13 pm

Terrier wrote:wow u use what to record??

hp ar??

anyway u will be in the fault when there's accident.. cause the bus move off first, beside that bus got wider turning angle and if you move off after the bus, you shld give way to bus rather than bus give way to..

I disagree with your statement. Why should I be at fault when obviously the bus change lane while turning? Illegal.. No?....

FYI, there is enough space for both bus and car to turn together IF they keep to their respective lane. This incident show that the bus driver blatantly changed lane whilst turning without due care, to say its my fault....Evil or Very Mad
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 26th August 2009, 1:46 pm

Could you share with us how do you capture it all on video?

Is it a handphone or a purposely installed video recording device?

Please share... thanks.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 26th August 2009, 1:49 pm

ace wrote:Could you share with us how do you capture it all on video?

Is it a handphone or a purposely installed video recording device?

Please share... thanks.

Its precisely because of incident like this that I've installed a purposely installed video recording device from one of our sponsor OCPI to protect myself. The small camera is fixed behind my rear view mirror. PM me to know more.
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 26th August 2009, 10:04 pm

Cypher wrote:
Terrier wrote:wow u use what to record??

hp ar??

I disagree with your statement. Why should I be at fault when obviously the bus change lane while turning? Illegal.. No?....

FYI, there is enough space for both bus and car to turn together IF they keep to their respective lane. This incident show that the bus driver blatantly changed lane whilst turning without due care, to say its my fault....Evil or Very Mad

hehe relax.. im deducing thru a incomplete video.. I do said, it required 1.5lane for a bus to have a complete turn before going to 1 lane.

anyway just be caution in future too =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th August 2009, 9:25 am

if really as what u claimed and stated it wasn't yr fault, present your video clip to the Bus coy and make an official report, write in to STOMP, strait times, etc.....if not, just move on and be careful on the road.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 28th August 2009, 1:14 am

Another one today... mad

Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 28th August 2009, 1:41 am

for some reason I cannot view the last 3 seconds of both videos, it just stops. The last 3 seconds is the climax!
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 28th August 2009, 3:58 pm

Please be alert when on the road..... this was a close call.. pale

Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 28th August 2009, 7:01 pm

Actually all the videos posted are very common when driving. Buses need more space to turn, bikes like to head to the front of the traffic light queue, and cars cutting lanes with their butts on another lane (I do this too).

I see the road hogger on the rightmost lane in highway... just accept it too. Driving slowly is safer and saves petrol if you are in high gear. If there is a clear stretch on a good highway road, I happily go 120, but if other cars are there, I better compensate for their moment of mistake.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 29th August 2009, 1:36 am

yeah.. think so... just during my 1st day driving... already kena point middle finger by some as*hol* rider cos he think i jam brake.. but i didnt and he was quite far from me actually... LL..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum