Latest topics
» assay
4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds


MSN 



Synthetic oil.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Synthetic oil.....

Post by Forte2010 on 18th March 2010, 10:59 pm

using synthetic oil during service at hw many km mileage?

or each time service can use synthetic oil.....?

will it be better for engine?

Forte2010
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by KnightRider on 19th March 2010, 7:52 am

from 2nd servicing which is ard 5,000km....

Just did my 2nd servicing last night at CnC, paid $103.97.

Pickup slightly better.....too bad the Engine Oil is 5W40(cannot choose), if 5W30 which is thinner and smoother for the engine.
avatar
KnightRider
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by pessimizt on 19th March 2010, 8:14 am

I am on synthetic oil since 10k servicing @ CNC.
FC seems better.
avatar
pessimizt
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by :) on 19th March 2010, 8:25 am

KnightRider wrote:from 2nd servicing which is ard 5,000km....

Just did my 2nd servicing last night at CnC, paid $103.97.

Pickup slightly better.....too bad the Engine Oil is 5W40(cannot choose), if 5W30 which is thinner and smoother for the engine.

must remind him to use synthetic oil when 5K service or he will know?

:)
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by pessimizt on 19th March 2010, 8:33 am

Smile wrote:
KnightRider wrote:from 2nd servicing which is ard 5,000km....

Just did my 2nd servicing last night at CnC, paid $103.97.

Pickup slightly better.....too bad the Engine Oil is 5W40(cannot choose), if 5W30 which is thinner and smoother for the engine.

must remind him to use synthetic oil when 5K service or he will know?


I believe have to inform the recept when you send it in for servicing.
If i not wrong, 1k and 5k is using mineral oil by default because mineral oil can last 5k mileage. Whereas synthetic oil can last 10k. Some claims to last 15k though.
avatar
pessimizt
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by KnightRider on 19th March 2010, 10:47 am

minerals are natural byproduct...so after 3mths or 5k..whichever come 1st, will disintergrate slowly.....

fully syn oil are "chemically reengineered" which can last twice as long....but still...too long also no good....
avatar
KnightRider
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by Divine on 19th March 2010, 1:35 pm

KnightRider wrote:minerals are natural byproduct...so after 3mths or 5k..whichever come 1st, will disintergrate slowly.....

fully syn oil are "chemically reengineered" which can last twice as long....but still...too long also no good....

i agree.. am using a FK messimo Flashing which is super Mineral with hyfro cracking oil.. this engine oil is test and proven on a Dyno gaining 3 Hp more. this result beats many syn oil in the market.. and also to make syn oil u need alot of polymers.. which DO NOT lub ur engine its the oil that lubs.. imagine how much poly vs oil ratio to make a 5W40 wt oil.. after trying the FK messimo Super mineral oil i dun think i will go back to other brands. it totally taken away my engine brake at 3rd gear... yes its that smooth..
avatar
Divine
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by Blacks on 19th March 2010, 1:45 pm

Do they charge on the Engine oil brought in from outside?
avatar
Blacks
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by Divine on 19th March 2010, 2:07 pm

yes C&C do change outside engine oil but they charge u $28 and mark ur car for "void" warrrenty.. all crap la
avatar
Divine
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Synthetic oil.....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum