Latest topics
» assay
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds


MSN 



Share your photos here

 :: General :: Hobbies

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by FriesL on 20th January 2010, 11:16 am

think so there are many pro shooters here... can ask them for help...

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by scorpey on 20th January 2010, 2:18 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Thanks bro. I know. But need a camera to begin with rite? Hahaha!! :-)

Or maybe I should go 'steal' my cousin's camera to play around with first. Hehehe!! MAybe after a while he will forget about it, then the camera is mine!!! Hahahaha!! :-)

u can get 2nd hand camera there too mah.. but if "stealing" works for u.. why not? grin since ur cousin has one.. u can ask him abt it.. moreover can try try for free too mah thumbsup
scorpey
scorpey
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Daniel^Bigcow on 20th January 2010, 5:02 pm

Yeah most prib will look out. Thanks. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by andikong on 25th January 2010, 12:16 pm

A preview of the IR Sky Garden taken from my balcony window 3km away.

Share your photos here - Page 5 Ir_sky10

Share your photos here - Page 5 Reservior26445

Share your photos here - Page 5 Reservior36436

Share your photos here - Page 5 Reservior46466
Return to this beautiful MacRitchie Reservoir, now free parking on sunday with cover car park.
andikong
andikong
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Corgel on 25th January 2010, 12:42 pm

the macritchie ones very vivid colours... but the ir one like a bit off leh... lol... can see tat its a bit grainy... ur iso set too high?
Corgel
Corgel
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by andikong on 25th January 2010, 1:03 pm

Corgel wrote:the macritchie ones very vivid colours... but the ir one like a bit off leh... lol... can see tat its a bit grainy... ur iso set too high?

Bro Corgel the IR picture was taken at 3km away from Tanjong Rhu using a super zoom lens of over 450mm and the weather was also very foggy, and taking a picture with such details is no easy task. Just bought this Fuji S200EXR PnS camera yesterday and just did some test shots.

I dare challenge anyone with a PnS camera not DSLR, and take a picture from 3 km away with such clear details.
andikong
andikong
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by joepele on 25th January 2010, 1:23 pm

Hi photo bugs...

Am planning to buy a cheap tripod... a 1m or 1.5m one??

Any to recommend that is cheap and good??
joepele
joepele
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Corgel on 25th January 2010, 1:36 pm

andikong wrote:
Corgel wrote:the macritchie ones very vivid colours... but the ir one like a bit off leh... lol... can see tat its a bit grainy... ur iso set too high?

Bro Corgel the IR picture was taken at 3km away from Tanjong Rhu using a super zoom lens of over 450mm and the weather was also very foggy, and taking a picture with such details is no easy task. Just bought this Fuji S200EXR PnS camera yesterday and just did some test shots.

I dare challenge anyone with a PnS camera not DSLR, and take a picture from 3 km away with such clear details.

a pns with super zoom? wow...
Corgel
Corgel
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by geraldtay on 25th January 2010, 2:43 pm

scorpey wrote:
geraldtay wrote:my signature link

great shots gerald! Share your photos here - Page 5 332362

thank you very much.


Last edited by geraldtay on 25th January 2010, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
geraldtay
geraldtay
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by geraldtay on 25th January 2010, 2:45 pm

I think regardless of PnS or DSLR, makes little difference. Instead, some of my best shots were made on film cameras that have absolutely no control over settings.

Don't let gear hinder your ability to take good photos. Wink
geraldtay
geraldtay
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by dav12tan on 25th January 2010, 8:49 pm

I am keen to pick up photography too..... Dunno how to start....
dav12tan
dav12tan
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by crazzycat on 26th January 2010, 7:47 pm

you have pretty good photos here!

crazzycat
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by geraldtay on 26th January 2010, 7:55 pm

start with a camera Smile

you dont need the most fantastic images to be taking good images, understanding what your camera can do for you and proper compositions, looking for light etc, will give you better images.
geraldtay
geraldtay
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by FriesL on 26th January 2010, 9:19 pm

wah.. so many pro shooter here....

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by kqkhlj on 26th January 2010, 10:14 pm

maybe we arrange a day out to malaysia to capture sun rise or sun set, desaru or kukup will be good.

kqkhlj
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by FriesL on 27th January 2010, 10:59 am

Cool... ill love to learn from all bros here.. looking forward..

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Mac on 27th January 2010, 11:23 am

Took this awhile back, using a Panasonic P&S camera.

Share your photos here - Page 5 P1000038
Mac
Mac
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Daniel^Bigcow on 27th January 2010, 2:03 pm

I need to go get a camera!! Hheehehehe!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Daniel^Bigcow on 27th January 2010, 2:03 pm

Any Group Buy?? Hehehe!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by geraldtay on 27th January 2010, 5:35 pm

group buy no need la but u want me to follow u go store for good price i can Smile
geraldtay
geraldtay
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by ace on 27th January 2010, 5:53 pm

I also interested in getting a DSLR.....was looking at the Canon 500D or 450D....have not decided yet as time......is very limited.

I think the most challenging pictures are those of night or dark scenes.....

ace
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by JuanST on 27th January 2010, 9:50 pm

geraldtay wrote:group buy no need la but u want me to follow u go store for good price i can Smile

how good is ur good price? Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by geraldtay on 27th January 2010, 10:21 pm

haha good enuff that I dont have to visit other stores and it'd still be one of the lower prices around.
geraldtay
geraldtay
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by kqkhlj on 27th January 2010, 11:49 pm

ace wrote:I also interested in getting a DSLR.....was looking at the Canon 500D or 450D....have not decided yet as time......is very limited.

I think the most challenging pictures are those of night or dark scenes.....

for night shots, u have to use quite alot of time and a good tripod to let enough light enter your camera.

for a start, get the latest camera model and a good primary lens will keep you busy for a while, learn the basics like composition, lighting and all the basic rules of photography.

Canon is good for portrait shoots while nikon is good for landscape according to my own view.

Once you have mastered the basics, time to bend the rules abit and explore the world of photography with your own style.

Very important is to keep a open mind to accept ideas and critics by fellow photographers.

You can go to clubsnap.com to learn more.

kqkhlj
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by kqkhlj on 27th January 2010, 11:51 pm

geraldtay wrote:haha good enuff that I dont have to visit other stores and it'd still be one of the lower prices around.

bro, your shop is at SLS, 6th level?

kqkhlj
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Daniel^Bigcow on 28th January 2010, 10:55 am

kqkhlj wrote:
geraldtay wrote:haha good enuff that I dont have to visit other stores and it'd still be one of the lower prices around.

bro, your shop is at SLS, 6th level?

Where/what is SLS??!! Hahahaha!! :-)

450D/500D?? Hmm...last I checked, 450D was like what, $800?? :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by kqkhlj on 28th January 2010, 6:24 pm

Sls is sim lim square.

Go to canon vivo city to try out the various cameras first, handling n weight of camera is very important to a photographer.

Then go to clubsnap to get a 2nd hand camera with at least 4 month warrenty n shutter count less than 5k. Then start shooting, eventually, u will want quality photo n start to pixel peep. Then u wish to hv all the lens tat canon offer.

kqkhlj
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by geraldtay on 28th January 2010, 11:29 pm

6 level is orient photo? Heard about them, pretty new store with decently priced items from reviews on forums. but nope, only popped by to look a few times, never actually bought anything from them.
geraldtay
geraldtay
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Blacks on 29th January 2010, 9:42 am

Go to Clubsnap.com
Blacks
Blacks
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by JuanST on 29th January 2010, 10:26 am

geraldtay wrote:haha good enuff that I dont have to visit other stores and it'd still be one of the lower prices around.

pls pm me store and price.... looking at nikon/canon slr.... what is ur recommendation for a newbie?
JuanST
JuanST
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by geraldtay on 31st January 2010, 1:01 am

i feel based on reviews, can go to

1) MS Colour at AMK S11 (opposite jubilee)
2) John 3:16 in Funan Mall

Can call these two stores for quotes. Then tell me what price you got,
and what they offer. I'll see if I can try to get it any cheaper from
my regular store (no promises).

These couple of stores normally quite competitive on pricing Smile
geraldtay
geraldtay
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by JuanST on 31st January 2010, 11:42 am

geraldtay wrote:i feel based on reviews, can go to

1) MS Colour at AMK S11 (opposite jubilee)
2) John 3:16 in Funan Mall

Can call these two stores for quotes. Then tell me what price you got,
and what they offer. I'll see if I can try to get it any cheaper from
my regular store (no promises).

These couple of stores normally quite competitive on pricing Smile

noted...btw... courts and all having cny promos... any comments?
JuanST
JuanST
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by pessimizt on 31st January 2010, 12:36 pm

i thought those newspaper promo usually are meant to attract people to go there.......when they enquire, they will say 'ohhh....its out of stock, would you like to get a higher model ?'.......
pessimizt
pessimizt
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by andikong on 1st February 2010, 2:13 am

Some beautiful Chinese performer from Hangzhou China perform at the Raffles City today.

Share your photos here - Page 5 Erwu_b10

Share your photos here - Page 5 Beauti10

Share your photos here - Page 5 Yue_qi10

Share your photos here - Page 5 Blue_e10
andikong
andikong
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by FriesL on 1st February 2010, 9:48 am

pessimizt wrote:i thought those newspaper promo usually are meant to attract people to go there.......when they enquire, they will say 'ohhh....its out of stock, would you like to get a higher model ?'.......

Think so thats their usual tactics....
thinks so there is a good / reputable shop around in Clubsnap forum with the 2 bro Gerald mentioned as very good shop to buy. Mscolor also located in AMK hub (2nd level)..

Uncle Andi,
Are these photos form your Fuji EXR? What is the last photo shooting setting? and scene condition?.. seems a little on the noisy side...(fuji noise pattern..)
am quite interested on the EXR *currently on F50,
Thanks thumbsup

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by andikong on 1st February 2010, 1:11 pm

FriesL wrote:
Uncle Andi,
Are these photos form your Fuji EXR? What is the last photo shooting setting? and scene condition?.. seems a little on the noisy side...(fuji noise pattern..)
am quite interested on the EXR *currently on F50,
Thanks thumbsup

Hi FriesL, thanks for your comments, the three photos above was taken at ISO 800. With indoor lighting conditions and the photos was cropped from the original to fit the right composition. Moreover this PnS EXR camera sensor size is much smaller than the DSLR sensor.
Sometimes the noise level depends on the lighting, and shooting conditions.

Here are two sample photo with two different settings and the noise level are quite similar.
The lighted part of the golden sign at top left hand corner has got less noise than the shadow area below.

Share your photos here - Page 5 Foyach10
ISO 3200, F3.3 @ 1/105sec, DR200 (Dynamic Range)

Share your photos here - Page 5 Buda_t10
ISO 800, F3.3 @ 1/4sec. DR400

There is a Fuji FinePix F200EXR promotion on at the Fuji dealers. Trade in any old film or digital camera
and you can get the F200EXR for S$399 with freebies 8gb SD card, screen protector and camera case. Good buy and two of our Fuji forum member bought it last sunday and quite happy with it.
Even our bro Jimixer wanted to purchase one when I meet him at the MU last friday.

Go to this site:
http://www.sgshoot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6578
andikong
andikong
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 8th February 2010, 1:57 pm

[img]http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_018[/img]

my contribution Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 8th February 2010, 2:08 pm

[img]http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_019[/img]
one more closeup

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by andikong on 8th February 2010, 4:27 pm

whyeme wrote:Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_018

my contribution Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Hi bro Whyeme, this is a good angle captured with IR against a nice blue sky.

You're using the FujiFilm F31fd camera right, if you like to upgrade to a new one, I would like to buy over your F31fd.

As for your close up shot of the ball pen, the focus was out, you should set to macro and the range to about more than 5cm.

Share your photos here - Page 5 Lilly_10
This is my macro shot of the water lily, using the Fuji F200EXR camera.
andikong
andikong
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 8th February 2010, 4:37 pm

[img]http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_020[/img]
here is one night shot...reflection of flyer on top of my forte...haha

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 8th February 2010, 4:41 pm

andikong wrote:
whyeme wrote:Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_018

my contribution Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Hi bro Whyeme, this is a good angle captured with IR against a nice blue sky.

You're using the FujiFilm F31fd camera right, if you like to upgrade to a new one, I would like to buy over your F31fd.

As for your close up shot of the ball pen, the focus was out, you should set to macro and the range to about more than 5cm.

Share your photos here - Page 5 Lilly_10
This is my macro shot of the water lily, using the Fuji F200EXR camera.

thks bro andi for your advise on how to take better macro shots! i still learning how to master my f31fd as i just bought it 2nd hand recently, so wont be selling...sorry about that. hope to meet you soon for more advise ya? Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by andikong on 8th February 2010, 5:00 pm

whyeme wrote:

thks bro andi for your advise on how to take better macro shots! i still learning how to master my f31fd as i just bought it 2nd hand recently, so wont be selling...sorry about that. hope to meet you soon for more advise ya? Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

It's Ok, and just curious how much you paid for that Fuji camera.

Why don't you join me for some FujiFun Photo outings and you can learn from some of my fellow Photographer.

I have organised a few FujiFilm photo outing in the past. PM me if you are interested.

Two more of my macro shots here, a rare British old coin lady belt which belongs to my late mother.

Share your photos here - Page 5 Coinbl10

Share your photos here - Page 5 Flipco10
andikong
andikong
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by andikong on 8th February 2010, 5:09 pm

whyeme wrote:
here is one night shot...reflection of flyer on top of my forte...haha

This is a very creative shot from a different perspective, sorry I have edited your photo with a dark blue sky and lighten the flyer to give it a more colour contrast.

Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_010
andikong
andikong
Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by jimixer on 8th February 2010, 11:29 pm

andikong wrote:
...
There is a Fuji FinePix F200EXR promotion on at the Fuji dealers. Trade in any old film or digital camera
and you can get the F200EXR for S$399 with freebies 8gb SD card, screen protector and camera case. Good buy and two of our Fuji forum member bought it last sunday and quite happy with it.
Even our bro Jimixer wanted to purchase one when I meet him at the MU last friday.
...

Uncle Kong, bought the F200EXR last Sat liao...
Now can officially join SGShoot outing with Fuji camera! Haha... Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_lol

Tks for introducing ur friend to me.. He recommended me to check out South-Asia, Funan.
The sales person i bought from is also into photography and he took very
good photos too!
Got it @ $399 w/ 8gb SD card (asked for Sandisk), screen protector, camera case and mini-tripod! Share your photos here - Page 5 332362

Still thinking if i should buy the underwater housing...
Purchase-with-purchase got $50 off... Hmm... Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_scratch
jimixer
jimixer
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 8th February 2010, 11:55 pm

Bro andi, wow very good macros u have there! must teach me how to acheive that...haha...yes i would be most honored to join in any of the fujifun photo outings you organise in future, provided i can...cos my work timings can be very irregular...

oh i paid $230 for my very good condition f31fd 2 months back...i saw some being sold for about $200 but this one the condition is really good so i grabbed it...

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 9th February 2010, 12:01 am

andikong wrote:
whyeme wrote:
here is one night shot...reflection of flyer on top of my forte...haha

This is a very creative shot from a different perspective, sorry I have edited your photo with a dark blue sky and lighten the flyer to give it a more colour contrast.

Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_010

wow bro andi, after your editing this pic looks great! what software did u use? i believe the software which came with my f31fd cant edit to this effect right?

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 9th February 2010, 12:22 am

[img]http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/Share your photos here - Page 5 2010_021[/img]

my wife's favourite chilli padi... Share your photos here - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Siaoster on 9th February 2010, 1:16 am

sure do look spicy *gulp*

_________________
Clickers :
For Dry Carbon Fans Click -> 3M Di-Noc iPhone Skins

Share your photos here - Page 5 Wwwceratofortesg
Siaoster
Siaoster
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 9th February 2010, 11:21 am

Siaoster wrote:sure do look spicy *gulp*

yup man hot like hell...but she like...haha

whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by whyeme on 9th February 2010, 11:34 am


whyeme
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Share your photos here - Page 5 Empty Re: Share your photos here

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: General :: Hobbies

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum