Latest topics
» assay
4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds


MSN 



Fuel Consumption

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by joepele on 6th November 2009, 1:38 pm

KingJerry wrote:Thanks!

Cannot walk in and apply uh? Sad

Can
avatar
joepele
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by FriesL on 6th November 2009, 3:07 pm

i kind of mix shell and esso (50/50), getting 7.6~8l from last few tanks...
wonder if shell really gives that extra dist...

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 6th November 2009, 3:52 pm

joepele wrote:
KingJerry wrote:Thanks!

Cannot walk in and apply uh? Sad

Can

Swee! Thanks!
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by VAG on 10th November 2009, 9:04 pm

How come no one discuss on SPC? I got discount for 12% then Amex card additional -$3. But I not sure about the quality of SPC 98. Maybe engine more noisy.
avatar
VAG
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Dummyhalf on 10th November 2009, 9:27 pm

Maybe SPC closing down soon?? affraid
avatar
Dummyhalf
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by kenneth on 10th November 2009, 9:36 pm

Dummyhalf wrote:Maybe SPC closing down soon??

If I'm not wrong SPC is being bought by a china company

kenneth
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Dummyhalf on 14th November 2009, 10:30 am

hmm.. hopefully no melamine in the petrol can already lol!
avatar
Dummyhalf
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by aural on 14th November 2009, 11:54 am

I using SPC ron 92 most of the time. Overall quite good FC for me hitting 12km/l now only 3k only done 1st servicing on mineral oil.
avatar
aural
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by zleipnir on 14th November 2009, 12:03 pm

i using esso 92 now... 92 is better den 95 leh... 98 the FC is almost same as when i pump 92... now i stick to 92 for the moment... lol
avatar
zleipnir
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by aural on 14th November 2009, 12:18 pm

zleipnir wrote:i using esso 92 now... 92 is better den 95 leh... 98 the FC is almost same as when i pump 92... now i stick to 92 for the moment... lol

Usually u wont see a big difference in FC but response maybe slightly different.
avatar
aural
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 14th November 2009, 1:35 pm

I decided to give caltex 98 another chance.. So far for this new tank.. I'm getting around 10km/l.. Significant improvement from 8.5km/l..

Still working on my leg powers.. And now i try to speed whenever possible! Twisted Evil
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by aural on 15th November 2009, 12:09 am

I realised i did not pump extra. I am also getting about same mileage as the first few tanks.
Maybe getting used to the bitting point more dun anyhow rev already.
avatar
aural
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Bed on 15th November 2009, 5:10 pm

KingJerry wrote:I decided to give caltex 98 another chance.. So far for this new tank.. I'm getting around 10km/l.. Significant improvement from 8.5km/l..

Still working on my leg powers.. And now i try to speed whenever possible! Twisted Evil

I am still playing around with different brands and grades of fuel. I just want to see how My Forte react to different fuel. My Vios eventually uses SPC 92 98% of the time because it gives the best km/$.

KingJerry, do not be overly concern with FC. I think we should look at km/$ instead. That is how far every $ you spent on the fuel can cover. This is calculated by using FC (km/l) divided by cost of petrol ($/l). It's savings on $ rather than savings on fuel (l) that matters. I realise the FC differs not a lot between different grades and brands. Power also can't feel much different. But the money spent for the same distance has significant differences.

I think for your case, you should try to use more expressway. Your FC will improve a lot.
avatar
Bed
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 15th November 2009, 10:37 pm

Actually i'm just curious why i'm getting 8.5 while others are getting 10+! Hehe..

Still, i think ill try all grades and all brand of petrol.. Razz
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KnightRider on 15th November 2009, 10:44 pm

Its your right foot....hehehehe
avatar
KnightRider
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by junming on 15th November 2009, 11:04 pm

i get 13-14l/km. 80%highway, 20% city Smile
avatar
junming
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by longbow on 16th November 2009, 11:25 pm

junming can see ur right foot is quite light
avatar
longbow
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by jl1500k on 17th November 2009, 10:03 pm

Yalor for auto can get 13-14l/km is feather foot liao. My manual also get 14l/km.
avatar
jl1500k
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by aural on 17th November 2009, 10:04 pm

I think after i change oil to syn then can hit this.
avatar
aural
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by mkkiaforte on 17th November 2009, 10:17 pm

Ever since I changed to Shell fuelsave 95/98, have been able to hit 12-13km/L. 50%HW 50%city
avatar
mkkiaforte
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by junming on 17th November 2009, 11:09 pm

longbow wrote:junming can see ur right foot is quite light

Hahaha.. i think so.. also i let my car go N when down slop. normally i will roll for 1 km then i change back to D
avatar
junming
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by cpt_zr on 17th November 2009, 11:23 pm

fwah.. my car just clocked 1000km.

Just changed Eo and my current FC is ~12km/L

am driving 1.6EX M btw.

now trying th shell fuel save 95 see got diff ma. haha
avatar
cpt_zr
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 18th November 2009, 2:26 am

Now finished 2/3 tank of my 2nd Caltex 98.. FC around 10km/l..

Still not very good.

Tomorrow i'm going to pump $50 of Caltex 95.. If still cannot make it.. I'll change to Shell..
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by JuanST on 18th November 2009, 8:18 am

junming wrote:
longbow wrote:junming can see ur right foot is quite light

Hahaha.. i think so.. also i let my car go N when down slop. normally i will roll for 1 km then i change back to D

bro, as instructor say... N will moving is not advisable.... u lose the engine braking....extra safety for us....
avatar
JuanST
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by aural on 18th November 2009, 8:55 am

KingJerry wrote:Now finished 2/3 tank of my 2nd Caltex 98.. FC around 10km/l..

Still not very good.

Tomorrow i'm going to pump $50 of Caltex 95.. If still cannot make it.. I'll change to Shell..

dun rely on the computer too much.
Use manual if u want.
i.e pump lights up pump until full dun pump extra. Go one full tank see can go how far until next lights up. Pump 2nd tank, use the mileage to divde by the 2nd tank. u get ur average FC for the last tank. Do a few then u will know.

The computer one i think not very zhun also. Seems like giving better FC than actual. Manual calculation is ard 12.5km/l for me but computer giving 13.5km/l.
avatar
aural
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 18th November 2009, 5:42 pm

I pumped $50 of caltex 95.. Can't feel any difference from 98.. Going to monitor the FC now.. Very Happy
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by jl1500k on 18th November 2009, 10:40 pm

junming wrote:
longbow wrote:junming can see ur right foot is quite light

Hahaha.. i think so.. also i let my car go N when down slop. normally i will roll for 1 km then i change back to D

Auto gear box is not cheap. By doing so may spoil the gear box. For maunal gear are different.
avatar
jl1500k
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by junming on 18th November 2009, 11:43 pm

first 3 years engine and gear box warranty Smile
avatar
junming
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by jl1500k on 19th November 2009, 5:34 pm

junming wrote:first 3 years engine and gear box warranty

If I'm not wrong. Warranty only cover engine. Gear box consider wear and tear so no cover.
avatar
jl1500k
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by redeel on 19th November 2009, 10:59 pm

I've been getting around 12.5km/l (prob 60-65% highway)for the previous few tanks... This tank travel more highway (like 80%?) got 13.5km/l... Oh, mine is still using Mineral Oil, 1.6SX manual.

eddie

redeel
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by FriesL on 20th November 2009, 12:25 am

mine.. too.. now.. almost every tank could hit.. at 7.6~8l/100km.. about 12 -13km.. odo at 7k... good? still on mineral wor.. really syn could do better?

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 20th November 2009, 1:25 am

Wah.. Everyone seems to be able to get 11 and above except me!

I'm at 10.5km/l for my 1.6 SX(A).. Going for my 1k servicing next week..
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by shawnseah82 on 20th November 2009, 7:16 am

what days you book which days for next week servicing jerry?
avatar
shawnseah82
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 20th November 2009, 4:07 pm

shawnseah82 wrote:what days you book which days for next week servicing jerry?

It's on wednesday 9am! Very Happy Yours?
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Kiang on 20th November 2009, 4:09 pm

FOR THOSE BROS GOING TO BOLEHLAND TO PUMP PETROL ....

PLS TAKE NOTE :-

WHEN RETURNING BACK TO SINGAPORE
AFTER EXIT BOLEHLAND CUSTOM,
PLS REMEMBER TO KEEP RIGHT WHEN REACHING THE CAUSEWAY BRIDGE AT THE LAST TURN...
TODAY, I SAW ALL THE MUDS POLISH HAD THEIR POCKETS FULL OF S-11 AS THEY STOP MANY CARS ....

DUE TO LEFT LANE IS FOR BUS ONLY N RIGHT LANE FOR CAR N BIKE


HUAT AH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
Kiang
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by kenincf on 21st November 2009, 6:05 pm

KingJerry wrote:Wah.. Everyone seems to be able to get 11 and above except me!

I'm at 10.5km/l for my 1.6 SX(A).. Going for my 1k servicing next week..

I was at around +- 10.5km/l all the while, until 3 days ago I decided to pump 92 to see the difference. Since then, I noticed slightly better FC. Just came back from outside, the meter was showing 8.6km/l before I get off from my ride.

Funny! When using 92, the FC is better than when using 95?

Will monitor further...
avatar
kenincf
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by shawnseah82 on 21st November 2009, 6:53 pm

KingJerry wrote:
shawnseah82 wrote:what days you book which days for next week servicing jerry?

It's on wednesday 9am! Very Happy Yours?
hiya thur cos OPC lor
avatar
shawnseah82
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by cpt_zr on 21st November 2009, 9:25 pm

Hmmm i am getting 12km/L for my run in period.. its quite bad eh? considering all the time ard 80. Hmm.. hope my FC will turn better ...

now after 1k servicing le.
avatar
cpt_zr
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by junming on 21st November 2009, 10:22 pm

jl1500k wrote:
junming wrote:first 3 years engine and gear box warranty

If I'm not wrong. Warranty only cover engine. Gear box consider wear and tear so no cover.

haha bro trust me. i am a ex car salesman. first year warranty the whole car. 2nd and 3rd years engine and gear box Smile

good day:)
avatar
junming
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 22nd November 2009, 2:40 am

Wah! Today i pumped another $50 of caltex 95.. And reseted all my meters..

Drove 108.1km today (80% highway, 20% city).. And guess what, i got a FC reading of 6.7l/100km at the end of today. Thats around 14.95km/l?

Now, my total mileage is 1,513km.. Going for 1k servicing next week.

Going to continue to monitor and manually calculate the FC after i finish the tank. But from pervious FC meter readings, it always very close to the manual calculation.
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Sunviva on 22nd November 2009, 8:45 am

Full tank on Caltex 95 lasted me 550km. Guess our fuel tank size is 52 lit, that wld mean 10.57 km/lit. Gosh that's really bad isnt it? Based on the fuel efficiency label, we should be getting 14.5km/lit right?

Mine is an 1.6 EX(M), I drive 30% highway 70% city, and those were my first 550km since collection. Just pumped full tank again n going to monitor. Hopefully it improves. Really perplexed, dont know watz wrong.

Sunviva
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by KingJerry on 22nd November 2009, 1:57 pm

I don't think can fill until 52l unless you stop pump, stop pump.. The last time i went for a full pump (after seeing the low fuel light), i was only able to pump 48l..

Don't need to be perplexed la, FC improves with subsequent pumps i think. My first full tank i only managed 8.5km/l.. Very Happy
avatar
KingJerry
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by kapitan on 23rd November 2009, 9:33 pm

this is my consumption on the NH Highway, speed is between 100 to 140, when I am on 140 consumption is slightly higher....

not so bad at all....

avatar
kapitan
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by jimixer on 23rd November 2009, 10:04 pm

kenincf wrote:
KingJerry wrote:Wah.. Everyone seems to be able to get 11 and above except me!

I'm at 10.5km/l for my 1.6 SX(A).. Going for my 1k servicing next week..

I was at around +- 10.5km/l all the while, until 3 days ago I decided to pump 92 to see the difference. Since then, I noticed slightly better FC. Just came back from outside, the meter was showing 8.6km/l before I get off from my ride.

Funny! When using 92, the FC is better than when using 95?

Will monitor further...

You are not alone... i am also on 92...
Not surprising cos our ride is designed to use unleaded petrol of RON91 and higher (just checked my car manual)...

Have notice that FC is improving slightly, with every new tank...
avatar
jimixer
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by joepele on 23rd November 2009, 10:11 pm

kapitan wrote:this is my consumption on the NH Highway, speed is between 100 to 140, when I am on 140 consumption is slightly higher....

not so bad at all....


I guess that's dependent on the weight of what's in the car as well...

Mine is 8l / 100km.

4 adults, 2 kids. trunk full (Aprox 30-40kg)...
avatar
joepele
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by kenincf on 23rd November 2009, 10:24 pm

jimixer wrote:
kenincf wrote:
KingJerry wrote:Wah.. Everyone seems to be able to get 11 and above except me!

I'm at 10.5km/l for my 1.6 SX(A).. Going for my 1k servicing next week..

I was at around +- 10.5km/l all the while, until 3 days ago I decided to pump 92 to see the difference. Since then, I noticed slightly better FC. Just came back from outside, the meter was showing 8.6km/l before I get off from my ride.

Funny! When using 92, the FC is better than when using 95?

Will monitor further...

You are not alone... i am also on 92...
Not surprising cos our ride is designed to use unleaded petrol of RON91 and higher (just checked my car manual)...

Have notice that FC is improving slightly, with every new tank...

"Improving slightly with every new tank..."

Definitely I will go for 92 for the next pump to feel it! Smile
avatar
kenincf
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by patsy on 23rd November 2009, 10:45 pm

How do you calculate #L/km? the display shoes 10.8L/100 km.... Thanks!!
avatar
patsy
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by joepele on 23rd November 2009, 11:10 pm

patsy wrote:How do you calculate #L/km? the display shoes 10.8L/100 km.... Thanks!!

I think you are asking for km/L right?

Juzt talk 100 (km) and divide the X (L) to get (X)km/L.

But if you still want km/L, juz divide the other way round...
avatar
joepele
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by kapitan on 24th November 2009, 8:26 am

joepele wrote:I guess that's dependent on the weight of what's in the car as well...

Mine is 8l / 100km.

4 adults, 2 kids. trunk full (Aprox 30-40kg)...

4 adults and two kids???/ u better drive a MPV... why squeeze so many for the long drive... better take the lux bus.. more comfy..
avatar
kapitan
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by joepele on 24th November 2009, 8:52 am

kapitan wrote:
joepele wrote:I guess that's dependent on the weight of what's in the car as well...

Mine is 8l / 100km.

4 adults, 2 kids. trunk full (Aprox 30-40kg)...

4 adults and two kids???/ u better drive a MPV... why squeeze so many for the long drive... better take the lux bus.. more comfy..

Not that long la...

100km+ drive 2 hrs including the causeway @ 2nd link?

For me no point getting an MPV cos most of the time, it's only 2 adults and 2 kids...

The 2 other adults were my parents.

2 kids as in 1 - 7 year old who sat in the back middle seat, 1 - 3 year old who sat on an adult's lap.

it was a little uncomfortable for the lap of the person who my 3 year old was sitting on... but other than that... my folks were pretty comfy on that ride.

1 - car was smooth @ 130km/h average.
2 - air cond was cold enough

however... the pick up was horrendous... but understandable considering the total weight on the car.
*Aprox 350kgs total in the car...
Smile
avatar
joepele
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum