Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider?

+18
jenny
Corgel
joA
SoBeR
greatgazoo
Mac
rickong
BlackHorse
The Blue Cruiser
edea_12
psionix
liplip
unlimitedz
whitechoco
redkoup
omg2doors
NiVleK
jeRrRKKKK
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider?

Post by jeRrRKKKK 24th October 2009, 5:59 pm

personally i considered buying the lancer ex, hyuandai avante and the chevorlette cruize
but the koup's looks and great FC made my decision

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty Re: why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider?

Post by NiVleK 24th October 2009, 6:01 pm

Did not intend to change car so soon until I saw KOUP advertisements.

Renault Laguna is a nice coupe also but double the price.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Empty Re: why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider?

Post by omg2doors 24th October 2009, 6:32 pm

was considering MR-S, Integra, Honda Fit...

Honda..brand is there but the premium price wasn't value for me. I also wasn't that eager to change until I saw the Koup. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_biggrin
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 24th October 2009, 6:52 pm

Was looking around for a 2-door coupe and fell in love wif the Audi A5. But decided i got better things to do wif $200k....

When the Scirocco was launched, was very tempted. But the strictly 4-seater configuration put a stop to those fantasies...

No regrets tho. Koup turned out to be a great buy. Good n cheap. Looks & styling are the main draw for any coupe and the koup has accomplished that quite well. The koup's performance is secondary to me as that can be satisfied by my other car.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 24th October 2009, 7:11 pm

Been looking to get a car but not a must actually - can wait. Considered Honda Fit and even the Forte Sedan.. lol.. but both also doesn't seem that perfect to me.

The moment Koup appears at vivo - that's it. Cannot stop thinking abt it. hahaa..
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 24th October 2009, 11:57 pm

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? 332362 why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? 332362 why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? 332362

redkoup wrote:Was looking around for a 2-door coupe and fell in love wif the Audi A5. But decided i got better things to do wif $200k....

When the Scirocco was launched, was very tempted. But the strictly 4-seater configuration put a stop to those fantasies...

No regrets tho. Koup turned out to be a great buy. Good n cheap. Looks & styling are the main draw for any coupe and the koup has accomplished that quite well. The koup's performance is secondary to me as that can be satisfied by my other car.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 12:04 am

redkoup wrote:Was looking around for a 2-door coupe and fell in love wif the Audi A5. But decided i got better things to do wif $200k....

Yeah. The biggest attraction KOUP has is the up to date killer looks. Performance is secondary.

However, just look at another major local motoring forum about the comments on KOUP... poser car, cheap skate, etc. I am glad I found this forum with decent humble people.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 25th October 2009, 12:09 am

i thought it was weird too when people comment that the car can't run...
its a 1.6L car... doesn't that already tell you that its not a car that can run!?

besides, the cars they are using to compare against the koup - GTR, EVO, WRX are all 100k and above... the only car that is around the koup's range that can run is probably only the integra but even then its performance is not far better than a honda civic

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 12:19 am

Yeah. I think most of us that buy this car knows that this car cannot run!

To quote a few interesting statements I saw there...

"When people buy sports car , they want face value. What is the point of getting a look like sports car but cannot run , buy for what? Alot of
face value meh....... Every time when it comes to korean cars , the word AFFORDABLE will comes out. So what is new? No money don't buy car , take bus better. Don't make my work load increase. This few months my workload increase due to an increase in default payments."

"I will never want to be seen in this car... I hate it when a car look sporty but no power... Just like the tuscani and previous Hyundai coupe.
If really only with 60 k budget I rather get a 2 nd hand wrx.. Although not nice looking but at least the power is decent. Sporty looking car with no power is like a nice looking girl with good body but after you strip her then you realize she is an Ah Gua...."

"If I really got to buy a kia at this category, I will pick a forte instead of koup. No doubt it is dull as compared to koup but just hate unwanted attention and bring labelled a poser."

Very very interesting posts why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_smile
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 25th October 2009, 12:31 am

Maybe just need to wait before a new engine option turns up. Think I read somewhere the Koup was tipped to come with turbocharged engine but somehow the ones that show up in showrooms don't have it. Maybe Hyundai got stingy and wouldn't let Kia have the Genesis engine.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 25th October 2009, 12:33 am

NiVleK wrote:Yeah. I think most of us that buy this car knows that this car cannot run!

"When people buy sports car , they want face value. What is the point of getting a look like sports car but cannot run , buy for what? Alot of
face value meh....... Every time when it comes to korean cars , the word AFFORDABLE will comes out. So what is new? No money don't buy car , take bus better. Don't make my work load increase. This few months my workload increase due to an increase in default payments."

"I will never want to be seen in this car... I hate it when a car look sporty but no power... Just like the tuscani and previous Hyundai coupe.
If really only with 60 k budget I rather get a 2 nd hand wrx.. Although not nice looking but at least the power is decent. Sporty looking car with no power is like a nice looking girl with good body but after you strip her then you realize she is an Ah Gua...."

"If I really got to buy a kia at this category, I will pick a forte instead of koup. No doubt it is dull as compared to koup but just hate unwanted attention and bring labelled a poser."

Very very interesting posts why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_smile

I think the only person he hated is himself. Seems to me he himself is the one doing the labeling.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 25th October 2009, 1:16 am

Sounds like someone who feels like a schmuck after buying an overpriced n underspec-ed honda n hv to say something to make himself feel better la.

Perhaps it's pri school holidays this wk la so maybe that's why......
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 25th October 2009, 1:22 am

jeRrRKKKK wrote:i thought it was weird too when people comment that the car can't run...
its a 1.6L car... doesn't that already tell you that its not a car that can run!?

besides, the cars they are using to compare against the koup - GTR, EVO, WRX are all 100k and above... the only car that is around the koup's range that can run is probably only the integra but even then its performance is not far better than a honda civic

That's actualli a great tribute to the Koup's killer looks. Suddenly, it makes ppl forget it's a 1.6L and expect it to perform like a performance car costing at least $50k more juz becoz of it's looks. Think we got the deal of the century! thumbsup
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by edea_12 25th October 2009, 1:36 am

NiVleK wrote:Yeah. I think most of us that buy this car knows that this car cannot run!

The guy really funny leh. Totally dont make sense, oxymoronic statements. Ppl buy affordable car so that wont default on payment. THose ppl buy expensive car confirm can pay meh? Many of these ppl overestimate themselves then end up default on payment. & he complaining abt us who are trying to buy cars within our means?
When it comes to driving, it's not onli power of cars. It's the driver also. Sporty car with lousy drivers, then??
Nvr see sporty car hogging road before ah? piangz...
Which forum ah? go shut them up. I always find everybody have own preference. They can have their opinions but don't degrade ppl who doesnt share their preference. Egoistic..

edea_12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 25th October 2009, 1:38 am

it is actually a performance car but this local version lacks turbocharged engine. if only it could learn from VW Golf 1.4 turbo, then things could get very different.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by edea_12 25th October 2009, 1:40 am

haha.. of coz.. things could get very different.
price will get different too! Smile

edea_12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 25th October 2009, 1:42 am

higher income drivers who can afford more expensive cars are paying mostly on installments but that doesn't make them looked poorer. instead of giving up >$100k to the showroom, they can use this amount to start a business/invest on properties and stocks/buying up asset-growing things, that can offset the loan rates and all kinds of car expenses. those who are willing to give up >$100k are not rich but in fact, a new way to become poor. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 1:50 am

edea_12 wrote:

The guy really funny leh. Totally dont make sense, oxymoronic statements. Ppl buy affordable car so that wont default on payment. THose ppl buy expensive car confirm can pay meh? Many of these ppl overestimate themselves then end up default on payment. & he complaining abt us who are trying to buy cars within our means?
When it comes to driving, it's not onli power of cars. It's the driver also. Sporty car with lousy drivers, then??
Nvr see sporty car hogging road before ah? piangz...
Which forum ah? go shut them up. I always find everybody have own preference. They can have their opinions but don't degrade ppl who doesnt share their preference. Egoistic..

Very popular forum one...associated with a ever popular used car website.

Anyway, there is no point in arguing with these ppl la. I have learnt throughout the years in various forums that arguing with them is just a waste of time.

And I am glad that we do not have this type of ppl here! Smile
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 25th October 2009, 1:52 am

Lets say e turbocharged koup is release(aft a yr)... can we pay $$ to upgrade ourcurent version to turbocharged?? jst wondering...
The White Cruiser wrote:it is actually a performance car but this local version lacks turbocharged engine. if only it could learn from VW Golf 1.4 turbo, then things could get very different.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 1:55 am

unlimitedz wrote:Lets say e turbocharged koup is release(aft a yr)... can we pay $$ to upgrade ourcurent version to turbocharged?? jst wondering...
The White Cruiser wrote:it is actually a performance car but this local version lacks turbocharged engine. if only it could learn from VW Golf 1.4 turbo, then things could get very different.

Should be possible if C&C wants to make $$$. Turbocharged coupe = EXPENSIVE INSURANCE.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 25th October 2009, 1:56 am

i can't really say for sure... but CnC need to modify the existence engine to fit in the turbo kit. unless you don't mind getting a turbo outside (illegal). why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_razz

but anyway, in SG, that turbo is basically useless (except for traffic light "legal" drag race).
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by edea_12 25th October 2009, 1:57 am

Haha..
true la... sometimes see those forum, ppl all so hostile... argue argue oso no point... as long as they don't come invade our peaceful forum.
Where all of us are just eagerly waiting for our beloved koup!

edea_12

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 25th October 2009, 2:03 am

hahah.. fuly understand... can only mod exterior for koup i guess=)

Ppl with low budget will source for low budget car... precisely y koup is so attractive for tat price tag(looks + technologies).. If wan a big ride, look @high end tforums/topics instead..
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHorse 25th October 2009, 2:31 am

They just jealous this koup did not came out earlier for them to consider

Too many good reviews around by eperienced people, they see liao green eye
BlackHorse
BlackHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 25th October 2009, 8:22 am

top gear once said that the tuscani although doesn't have much power, has the feeling of a damn solid car

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 25th October 2009, 8:41 am

Its a waste of time going to my car forum.

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 25th October 2009, 8:42 am

power is not everything....

if i wanted power, i wouldn't have gotten this koup. that joker seems to judge how good a car is by its performance..

koup is damn solid also and it looks pretty. 60k? enough said.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 25th October 2009, 10:07 am

Guys, I find that there is no need to bother with those people who made comments in the other forum. You know, like I read once, they say the thing about opinion is that it is like a@@hole, everyone has one.

The most important thing is that you like the car, you pay with you own hard earn money and enjoy every moment of owning it.

There are just too many internet heroes these days.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 11:07 am

Yeah. But it just makes things interesting to read those comments. Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 25th October 2009, 3:29 pm

i just ignore them ... i love my own koup.. so what.. hehe
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 25th October 2009, 9:52 pm

Copy and paste from another forum. But it sums up my experience.

Just my personal experience here.

Was actually going to get the
SSS (after having ample experiences with my neighbor's). But I happen
to see the advert for the launch for the Koup. I was not really into
Korean cars but thought I should just check it out since the price is
around the same as the SSS.

Went there to take a look and drive.
I like how it looks. And one thing that satisfies me is that there were
no badges that spell the word "SPORT" on the exterior of the car at
all. That is a plus for me.
Given 124hp, 156Nm and a century sprint
of 10.3s (1.6L 5MT) is hardly "Sporty" performance. So at least the
Koup does not claim to be a "Sports" coupe on the exterior.

Compared
to the Forte, the Koup looks more composed and aggressive. Driving
feels more planted. The interior is also very good. My idea of what a
Korean car looks like was immediately revolutionized.

The
features and built quality are also something that is not common for
cars in that price range. During the test drive, as expected, it drives
like a normal car. I am not going to use the word "slow" here as speed
is subjective. But, to me, the plus points are; well weighted steering,
seems to handle well, and gives you a good overall feel when you are in
the car. The transmission and clutch could be improved though.

On
the same day, I head down to Champion Motors to have a look at the SSS
again. Took a seat in it. Immediately I started to see the stark
differences between both rides. The interior are worlds apart. Features
and built quality levels are very different. Of course, one would say I
will be paying for the better performance in the SSS. But when I think
logically about needs and not wants, the Koup seems to fit my needs
more that the SSS. With all those features and accessories available in
the Koup, its really hard to see why I should stick to the SSS. I was
seriously tempted to make the switch.

Granted, the reliability
of the SSS has been proven. Less features and gizmos, less problems.
Simple = durable. But with 5 years unlimited warranty, the Koup somehow
makes me feel at ease to be one of the pioneer batch.

I too aim
to own a 100 to 150k car one day. But at my age, I feel I can make my
money work harder for me than to spend on a depreciating item.

Anyhow, the above is just my own thoughts.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 9:59 pm

What's a SSS?

Suzuki Swift Sports?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 25th October 2009, 10:03 pm

Err...SSS is wat car why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_question
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 25th October 2009, 10:03 pm

should be suzuki swift sports.. cos from champion motors
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 25th October 2009, 10:06 pm

SSS is cram....and interior is spartan..

but it's quick (8.9 seconds)
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 25th October 2009, 10:15 pm

Yup Triple S is the Swift Sport. That's "Sport" not "Sports".

Yup spec for spec, its fast century sprint is mainly attributed to its lighter weight and high compression ratio.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:17 pm

Yeah. It's a compact hatch...so leg room behind is liddat one la...
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 25th October 2009, 10:18 pm

Sad to say, I'm in par with one of the yellow one and he stare at me when he cant get pass me.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 25th October 2009, 10:20 pm

on the track or on the road?
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:21 pm

Wah... you go chiong with SSS? Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 25th October 2009, 10:25 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts psionix, I got a feel that most Koup owners-to-be knows what they are getting and appreciate it as it is Smile
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 25th October 2009, 10:29 pm

NiVleK wrote:Wah... you go chiong with SSS? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_biggrin

That's because I see that young pang with the show off face plus the way he drove on the road dangerously buay song. Somemore it's yellow car somemore. So I purposely go side by side with him when red light and I chiong all the way against him until when towards the end of the road I find that I'm in par with him and he can't pass me I drove away, dun wana waste my petrol with this kind of ppl.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:30 pm

Eh, you got something against yellow car? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Lol
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 25th October 2009, 10:32 pm

NiVleK wrote:Eh, you got something against yellow car? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Lol

Not that I against yellow but I just dun get it why all yellow cars like to drive dangerously causing danger to other people on the road.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 25th October 2009, 10:33 pm

he mentioned before that yellow drivers are ****. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Icon_razz

anyway, glad to know that a stock forte can be on par with a suzuki swiss pork. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? 332362
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:34 pm

eh....greatgazoo....ur forte stock meh????? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? 612380
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:35 pm

greatgazoo wrote:
NiVleK wrote:Eh, you got something against yellow car? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? Lol

Not that I against yellow but I just dun get it why all yellow cars like to drive dangerously causing danger to other people on the road.

Ok. Tomorrow onwards I try to notice...I only noticed those many sticker one like to drive dangerously....
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 25th October 2009, 10:37 pm

NiVleK wrote:eh....greatgazoo....ur forte stock meh????? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? 612380

Er..what u mean, u mean before mod? I duno if I can still be on par with him if on stock, but that time when I race against him, I had already mod my car just like I belive he did mod his car also if not the pipe also not that big.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 25th October 2009, 10:43 pm

Errrr... I was also going to get the yellow SSS leh. hahaha...

However I do tend to enjoy myself when I drive rather than try to engage other drivers.

To be fair, is he driving an automatic? Cuz I think that the manual one
can easily outrun the Koup or Forte (stock) if one can shift good
enough. I am not trying to start a war here please. But I tend to be
very objective with these sort of things.

Anycar can be fast once they get up to speed. The main concern is the
time needed to "get there". The SSS certainly pushes itself easily
forward when you drop a gear and slam the throttle. This is not as
apparent when I drove the Koup.

The Koup loses out being close to 200kg heavier and longer gear ratios.
Of course its compression ratio is not as high as the SSS too. This is one of the reason it can take in 92RON when the SSS can only drink 98. And that is also a reason why I would prefer a Koup as I will need to travel up north often Wink

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:45 pm

I didnt know this. KOUP can take 92RON?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next