Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Review: Koup 2L test drive.

+7
edea_12
melburn
redkoup
ace
whitechoco
unlimitedz
epig
11 posters

Go down

Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty Review: Koup 2L test drive.

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 2:58 pm

hi bros and sis,

just came back from Leng Kee...

They 're preparing for tmr's official opening.. then all of the koup are on display in the showroom..

there's a black one in the middle part between kia and mits. not very appealing to me i must say but that's the only koup with red trim on the dashboard.

don't look very nice though..

now into the main topic. test drove the 2 litre manual one cause they've loan out all the 1.6 to reporters.... wtf sia.. really.. went there liao then tell me don't have.

ok, koup doesn't come with alarm, so you definately wont hear any beep beep when u press the remote.

the one i test drove was having the stock frabic seat. quite comfortable i must say. ($500 discount if you choose this seat)

drove without music on to experience the cabin noise insulation. the engine sounds rather loud.. reved it up to about 5.. quite loud..

told my SE and she said the korea side tunned the engine to make it "louder" to portrait the sports car feel. did a U-turn at high speed and rpm.. about 5-6..

i must say.. very stable.. road noise don't really notice or maybe engine too loud.. therefore can say i can't hear much or maybe i too focus on driving.. cause really pumping the engine.

lastly, it's a very stable ride. nothing to complain except for those who can't tolerate the loud engine roaring sound..

but still must await to test drive the 1.6 litre one tmr cause 2 litre completely different feeling of power....

Last edited by epig on 16th October 2009, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more details for subject)
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Review: Koup 2L test drive. Empty Re: Review: Koup 2L test drive.

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 3:14 pm

Nice one bro... thank you... well, the showroom full of koups!?!!?

tat will definately b magnificant... wait til 1.6L... now too early too comment...

epig wrote:hi bros and sis,

just came back from Leng Kee...

They 're preparing for tmr's official opening.. then all of the koup are on display in the showroom..

there's a black one in the middle part between kia and mits. not very appealing to me i must say but that's the only koup with red trim on the dashboard.

don't look very nice though..

now into the main topic. test drove the 2 litre manual one cause they've loan out all the 1.6 to reporters.... wtf sia.. really.. went there liao then tell me don't have.

ok, koup doesn't come with alarm, so you definately wont hear any beep beep when u press the remote.

the one i test drove was having the stock frabic seat. quite comfortable i must say. ($500 discount if you choose this seat)

drove without music on to experience the cabin noise insulation. the engine sounds rather loud.. reved it up to about 5.. quite loud..

told my SE and she said the korea side tunned the engine to make it "louder" to portrait the sports car feel. did a U-turn at high speed and rpm.. about 5-6..

i must say.. very stable.. road noise don't really notice or maybe engine too loud.. therefore can say i can't hear much or maybe i too focus on driving.. cause really pumping the engine.

lastly, it's a very stable ride. nothing to complain except for those who can't tolerate the loud engine roaring sound..

but still must await to test drive the 1.6 litre one tmr cause 2 litre completely different feeling of power....
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 3:19 pm

unlimitedz wrote:Nice one bro... thank you... well, the showroom full of koups!?!!?

tat will definately b magnificant... wait til 1.6L... now too early too comment...

no prob. ya.. got white koup, red and black one.

test drive de, got green, blue and red but all 2 litres..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 3:22 pm

wah.. thxs epig for the first review.. today all reporters go test drive?
the engine is really that loud? looks like I must really experience it for myself.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 3:28 pm

whitechoco wrote:wah.. thxs epig for the first review.. today all reporters go test drive?
the engine is really that loud? looks like I must really experience it for myself.

no prob.. yup when i reached there at 10 plus 11 got alot ppl there. don't know which one is reporter also.

i thought what the hell... so many people want test drive also ah.. lol.. purposely went today is to avoid the crowd..

but then after awhile then alot of ppl disappear.

then my SE told me koup loan out... only left 2l... what to do.. bo bian lor..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 3:33 pm

lolx... imagine all waiting for testdrive.. u gg man... ahahahaha.. can look out for forums n see e reviews liao... whahaha.. hope e largewheelbase, style, performance Review: Koup 2L test drive. 332362 Review: Koup 2L test drive. 332362 Review: Koup 2L test drive. 332362 ahhaha

epig wrote:
whitechoco wrote:wah.. thxs epig for the first review.. today all reporters go test drive?

no prob.. yup when i reached there at 10 plus 11 got alot ppl there. don't know which one is reporter also.

i thought what the hell... so many people want test drive also ah.. lol.. purposely went today is to avoid the crowd..

unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 3:34 pm

epig wrote:no prob.. yup when i reached there at 10 plus 11 got alot ppl there. don't know which one is reporter also.

lol.. thot ur SE would have arrange for u liao. I hope my SE got arrange the 1.6L for me since she is the one who pick the time.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 3:36 pm

whitechoco wrote:
epig wrote:no prob.. yup when i reached there at 10 plus 11 got alot ppl there. don't know which one is reporter also.

lol.. thot ur SE would have arrange for u liao. I hope my SE got arrange the 1.6L for me since she is the one who pick the time.

precisely... that's why i was like wtf...
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 3:40 pm

epig wrote:precisely... that's why i was like wtf...

hehe.. nvm lah.. u go test again loh.. so u test both Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_razz
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 16th October 2009, 4:03 pm

Wasted lah.....many reporters right.....should have ask loud loud what the CnC management going to do with the SDW cases.....

Should be garrang and say all Fortes should get a lifetime warranty on the windscreen.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 4:06 pm

Dude,

wtf?!?! Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_eek Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_eek Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_eek

ace wrote:Wasted lah.....many reporters right.....should have ask loud loud what the CnC management going to do with the SDW cases.....

Should be garrang and say all Fortes should get a lifetime warranty on the windscreen.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 4:15 pm

POWER TO SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG NO MANUAL 1.6 KOUP FOR TEST DRIVE.....

NEED TO WAIT FOR NEXT SHIPMENT..

ONLY 1.6 AUTO...
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 4:25 pm

seriously, i hope the koup wun have the windscreen issue.
btw, any news abt shipment?
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 4:33 pm

whitechoco wrote:seriously, i hope the koup wun have the windscreen issue.
btw, any news abt shipment?

eh.. nov leh my SE say.. but still havent gone thru LTA inspection.. so that one is also another time delay factor..

btw whitechoco, u taking wht seat ah?
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 4:34 pm

any1 out there planning to install an aftermarket alarm?
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 4:43 pm

epig wrote:eh.. nov leh my SE say.. but still havent gone thru LTA inspection.. so that one is also another time delay factor..

you mean the part where shipment arrive then need to go thru LTA inspection?
i should be taking the black leather seat i guess. u ?
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 4:44 pm

alarm wise still thinking. Cos i also dun want sound when lock and unlock car actually. I think need to ask SE how the koup immobilizer works first
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 4:45 pm

whitechoco wrote:
epig wrote:eh.. nov leh my SE say.. but still havent gone thru LTA inspection.. so that one is also another time delay factor..

you mean the part where shipment arrive then need to go thru LTA inspection?
i should be taking the black leather seat i guess. u ?

dont know leh.. so many choices now... -.-

like the white body with red seats (addition $300)... then just now sit on fabric (deduct $500).. nice also... -.-

no choice also sian.. got too many also sian..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th October 2009, 4:46 pm

whitechoco wrote:alarm wise still thinking. Cos i also dun want sound when lock and unlock car actually. I think need to ask SE how the koup immobilizer works first

icic.. ok sure.. i want is scare i forget to lock the car only.. so make sure got the beep beep sound when i lock.. but then dmg will be another 128 bucks.. sian..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 16th October 2009, 4:58 pm

epig wrote:
like the white body with red seats (addition $300)... then just now sit on fabric (deduct $500).. nice also... -.-

no choice also sian.. got too many also sian..

No need to tink so hard la, bro. I asked if i could omit the half-leather seats and stick wif the stock fabric seat wif red stiching. The red stiching looks good and is part of the koup's sporty appeal. Most sporty cars come wif fabric i.e WRX, Swift Sport. Otherwise, it'll look and feel no diff from a regular 4-dr leather seat sedan.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 5:03 pm

epig wrote:icic.. ok sure.. i want is scare i forget to lock the car only.. so make sure got the beep beep sound when i lock.. but then dmg will be another 128 bucks.. sian..

hehe i know what u mean. my current fam car also got sound one. used to it. But i notice those exp cars dun come with sound but can tell if u got lock or unlock from the headlights. $128 seems cheaper than wat my SE quoted me (I ever ask her b4 when I book - cannot remember exactly but at least 200 i tink).
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 16th October 2009, 5:04 pm

Bro if u rev any car up to 5 i think will also be loud, i sat in a wrx b4 rev until 3 i alrdy going deaf.

Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_razz
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 5:06 pm

as for leather seats, disappointed with the shade of red. if hot red, I will definitely take it. As for fabric seats, havent really got to touch and feel it. Will check tom.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 5:07 pm

might as well let the incoming shipment be our rides...
testdrive sets use 2.0L nia.. then all happy!! Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_biggrin

y wait shipment for 1.6M 2arrive then go through lta, then approve for test drive, wait another long shipment to arrive then is our ride?!?!?!

whitechoco - yeah, kinda not attracted 2e red seats... will stick to e leather 1 i guess... btw e leather 1 got red stiches?!?!

epig wrote:POWER TO SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG NO MANUAL 1.6 KOUP FOR TEST DRIVE.....

NEED TO WAIT FOR NEXT SHIPMENT..

ONLY 1.6 AUTO...
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 5:12 pm

unlimitedz wrote:whitechoco - yeah, kinda not attracted 2e red seats... will stick to e leather 1 i guess... btw e leather 1 got red stiches?!?!

ohh.. heng u remind me. tomorrow I go check and let u know.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 5:19 pm

i going dwn next wk.. but choco, mayb u can assist to help check following:
leather seats got red stiches!?!
confirmed front car plate shape!?!

Thanks in advance!!

whitechoco wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:whitechoco - yeah, kinda not attracted 2e red seats... will stick to e leather 1 i guess... btw e leather 1 got red stiches?!?!

ohh.. heng u remind me. tomorrow I go check and let u know.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 16th October 2009, 5:32 pm

unlimitedz wrote:i going dwn next wk.. but choco, mayb u can assist to help check following:

Thanks in advance!!

ok..np! car plate dunno cfm liao or not.. cos last week just ask SE. Maybe I shld tell her when shape cfm pls let me know. lol..
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by edea_12 16th October 2009, 6:32 pm

epig wrote:
eh.. nov leh my SE say.. but still havent gone thru LTA inspection.. so that one is also another time delay factor..

My friend told me her sister waited 6 months for her Cerato to come in. She called a few times to complain. Hear liao I very scare. Actually my car is 3 year old on Xmas. I was hoping I could get my car before that coz I dun wanna pay for inspection, road tax and insurance. Hahaha...
But because I just ordered, might be quite tough. SE saying got another person ordered white, still waiting for loan approval. If the person loan not approved, I might get the earlier shipment. My loan was approved within 2days I think. But dunno why the other person one still taking such long time.. hmm..

edea_12

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 9:27 pm

Await ur post then=)

whitechoco wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:i going dwn next wk.. but choco, mayb u can assist to help check following:

Thanks in advance!!

ok..np! car plate dunno cfm liao or not.. cos last week just ask SE. Maybe I shld tell her when shape cfm pls let me know. lol..
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 16th October 2009, 10:45 pm

epig wrote:
whitechoco wrote:alarm wise still thinking. Cos i also dun want sound when lock and unlock car actually. I think need to ask SE how the koup immobilizer works first

icic.. ok sure.. i want is scare i forget to lock the car only.. so make sure got the beep beep sound when i lock.. but then dmg will be another 128 bucks.. sian..

i don't think that keyless entry require you to actually lock the car? The car should lock by itself as soon as you walk away.

Most european and modern cars nowadays do not use sound alarms anymore. They are a hallmark of cars of the past decade.

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by johnno 16th October 2009, 11:09 pm

Yo, Johnno reporting in..Will be back tmr morning, hopefully can make in time to the showroom. So any bro or sis going LK tmr at ard 2pm.. If so, come forward and say hi, i will be bring along my heavily pregnant wife and my 2yrs old son.
johnno
johnno

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 11:18 pm

Given ur scenario, drive safely pls... like hondCR-V, SUV, MPV... not audi TT... hahaha...

so johnno, u r gonna squeeze ur wive, kid, se in e koup!?!? Kool... unqiue testdrive i shld say... hahaa..

johnno wrote:Yo, Johnno reporting in..Will be back tmr morning, hopefully can make in time to the showroom. So any bro or sis going LK tmr at ard 2pm.. If so, come forward and say hi, i will be bring along my heavily pregnant wife and my 2yrs old son.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by johnno 16th October 2009, 11:35 pm

unlimitedz wrote:Given ur scenario, drive safely pls... like hondCR-V, SUV, MPV... not audi TT... hahaha...

so johnno, u r gonna squeeze ur wive, kid, se in e koup!?!? Kool... unqiue testdrive i shld say... hahaa..

johnno wrote:Yo, Johnno reporting in..Will be back tmr morning, hopefully can make in time to the showroom. So any bro or sis going LK tmr at ard 2pm.. If so, come forward and say hi, i will be bring along my heavily pregnant wife and my 2yrs old son.

Yaya, no choice, my family and i r one entity Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_razz . Good or bad, i will always bring them along.
When you get married, you will understand..Anyway, can't wait for tmr..
johnno
johnno

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 16th October 2009, 11:55 pm

yeah man.. enjoy it!!!

johnno wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:Given ur scenario, drive safely pls... like hondCR-V, SUV, MPV... not audi TT... hahaha...

Yaya, no choice, my family and i r one entity Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_razz . Good or bad, i will always bring them along.
When you get married, you will understand..Anyway, can't wait for tmr..
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 17th October 2009, 12:11 am

rickong wrote:
epig wrote:

i don't think that keyless entry require you to actually lock the car? The car should lock by itself as soon as you walk away.

Most european and modern cars nowadays do not use sound alarms anymore. They are a hallmark of cars of the past decade.

bro... that type of alarm.. lol.. not given to us.. u want that type must spend at least 300 plus lol..

also, c&c KIA where will give u such gd de.. ours is just a very simple basic lock & unlock function...

also... manual no keyless entry.. the keyless entry is just like mits / latio all those.. sense key nearby nia.. nothing much also.. no function no nothing..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 17th October 2009, 12:14 am

yo johnno bro.. welcome.. hmmm.. 2pm ah.. whitechoco going ard 1130.. lol.. i havent confirm cause today just went..

dont know will have the 1.6 auto to test drive anot so still thinking..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 17th October 2009, 12:15 am

melburn wrote:Bro if u rev any car up to 5 i think will also be loud, i sat in a wrx b4 rev until 3 i alrdy going deaf.

Review: Koup 2L test drive. Icon_razz

lol.. not only at 5 la.. but 3 also quite loud liao.. engine specially tunned for koup.. dont know how true..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 17th October 2009, 12:20 am

hi bros n sis! din come here for some time aredi...

so sad to hear the interest drop.. i asked my se abt the Melbourne lucky draw he say we early birds not entitled.. sad again...

I'm gg on sunday morning, anyone gg?
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 17th October 2009, 12:42 am

unlimited - np.. will update u. btw, im squeezing my mum n dad and se in the koup.. haha

joa - huh... we early birds not entitled to the lucky draw? y like that.. oh well nvm i tink i wun be so lucky to tio the lucky draw. lol.. as for the interest rate, i'm satisfied that I got the car at cheaper price though.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by chernobyl 17th October 2009, 2:47 am

hi all, will probably be going down to LK with my CO for the test drive since i'm waiting for my 2.0 manual.

who else going apart from johnno and whitechoco?
chernobyl
chernobyl

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 17th October 2009, 8:57 am

errr....koup not beri practical if u hv a young baby lei. it's gonna be a chore to squeeze thru the front seats to strap them into the rear childseat. sure kena chronic backache one.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by chernobyl 18th October 2009, 1:44 am

my humble review on the 2L manual after test drive today....

it was fun to drive that variant of koup.... road noise was not that loud and handling was great... but the brake seems abit too sensitive.... step abit during low speed, the car almost did an e-brake. haha.....
chernobyl
chernobyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down