Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

+28
mighty meow
Fransge
shin365
greatgazoo
duncton
ctoh
powerteo
Divine
kqkhlj
chamot16
SA
jackohy
lukester
kysoong
kapitan
SpicyRed
nocash
aquariss
andikong
sc
FriesL
froakies
Clement
karabi
Eviltrap
pessimizt
zacky7514
Realm
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty Re: [DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

Post by Realm 29th August 2009, 2:54 am

shld be can ba lol.. uncle andikong ask me for vitagen or smth so tt shld be ok alr haha.. cya and ur daughter tml lol
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Empty Re: [DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

Post by pessimizt 29th August 2009, 7:13 am

Yes i have some ties (cable) and sticks (ice-cream) to spare, so no need to buy.

Was raining at 4am just now. Hope the sun will see us through the rest of the day. thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 29th August 2009, 9:37 am

See you guys later! Hopefully I don't have to work OT later... Crying or Very sad
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 29th August 2009, 9:38 am

I can get quite a number of bottles if anyone is interested. Let me know by 1pm. Very Happy
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 29th August 2009, 9:51 pm

It was a fruitful trip! Thanks to andi for the guidance and help!
Thanks to realm for the materials:)
haven't paid realm yet, so how much per pax?

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 29th August 2009, 10:07 pm

Yea, finally got to meet andi ! thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 29th August 2009, 10:47 pm

powerteo wrote:It was a fruitful trip! Thanks to andi for the guidance and help!

It's 4 bucks. Very Happy

So did you manage to finish off everything, bro?
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 29th August 2009, 10:48 pm

pessimizt wrote:Yea, finally got to meet andi ! thumbsup

Me too!

Truly a nice guy who does not hesistate to impart his knowledge to people. thumbsup
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 29th August 2009, 10:49 pm

Anyway bro, didn't manage to chat much with you. Can you remind me how you look like? Were you the one who helped to intro other forummers to me? The bespectacled short-haired guy?
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 29th August 2009, 10:51 pm

Realm wrote:shld be can ba lol.. uncle andikong ask me for vitagen or smth so tt shld be ok alr haha.. cya and ur daughter tml lol

Thanks again to Realm for helping us to buy the stuffs.

By the way, are we able to purchase all the items at the same place? I think I might need more to insulate all the pipes. I seem to have more than others, and half of them are almost unreachable. Mine might prove to be unsuccessful... No
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 29th August 2009, 10:56 pm

Eviltrap wrote:

Anyway bro, didn't manage to chat much with you. Can you remind me how you look like? Were you the one who helped to intro other forummers to me? The bespectacled short-haired guy?

Hello eviltrap, nice to meet you too. No i am not wearing specs. I wore a black tee with zippers as collars (dont know if its right to describe this way). Ok, i wore a white pair of sleepers. Anyways, there is always the next MU !
I parked at the other end of the lot (far far away from your Magentis). Razz

Anyway, here is the address for purchasing the hoses:

Where to buy:
NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 29th August 2009, 11:01 pm

pessimizt wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:

Hello eviltrap, nice to meet you too. No i am not wearing specs. I wore a black tee with zippers as collars (dont know if its right to describe this way). Ok, i wore a white pair of sleepers. Anyways, there is always the next MU !
I parked at the other end of the lot (far far away from your Magentis). Razz

Anyway, here is the address for purchasing the hoses:

Where to buy:
NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)

Thanks for the address, bro. I posted the query and then saw the address on the very first post. So I quickly edited it. But you caught me. Embarassed

lol!

Far end? You drive a Metal Bronze as well? I remember the furthest ride was a Metal Bronze. Hope to see you during the meetup next. Hope I can make it too.
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 29th August 2009, 11:04 pm

Haha......yea i drove MB too.
Do remember to quote 3/4" 2m rubber insulator ($2 per unit) when buying.

Have a great weekend !
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 29th August 2009, 11:56 pm

Still yet to get mine and do it too...

Sad.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 30th August 2009, 12:02 am

Hi all Forte bros doing the DIY today, glad to meet the new and the old bros, found many nice mod to the Forte, body kits, K&N air filter
scuff plates, LED lights, sport rims, car stickers and decorations. Just some casual pics here...

The three knights. Where is the rider?
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 3_fort10
Real concentration.
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Doing_10
Are you selling your car, Wow so fast!
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Divine11
The Titanium twin, rare breed.
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Titani10
The Hello Kitty Forte, lovely!
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Divine13
gazoo three latest poison. Can you spot it!
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 3 Gazoo_10

Last edited by andikong on 30th August 2009, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 30th August 2009, 12:35 am

Finally managed to get my air-con DIY insulation done today. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Really appreciate the help and guidance given by the all the bros and sis (especially bro Pessimizt and bro Andi) who were there. thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 30th August 2009, 1:04 am

haha nice to meet u guys at there.. sorry for keeping u all waiting just now:(.. thx to pessimizt bro and uncle andi for their great help just now.. haha for those who yet to pay, no worries u can always pay me the next time we meet up. Razz
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 30th August 2009, 1:11 am

oh ya, anyone kept the extras tube and glue? haha
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 30th August 2009, 1:21 am

Realm wrote:oh ya, anyone kept the extras tube and glue? haha

I have the left over can of adhesive glue, but not the rubber tube. The glue can carry forward to the next DIY during the MU.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by jackohy 30th August 2009, 2:46 am

Thank you Realm for helping to buy the materials today. Btw i also haven't pay you. Let me know when i can pass the $$ to you or you can pm me your bank acct, then i transfer to you.

Thank you Andy and the rest for the forte member for helping to guide us.

jackohy

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 30th August 2009, 2:53 am

Eviltrap wrote:
powerteo wrote:It was a fruitful trip! Thanks to andi for the guidance and help!

It's 4 bucks. Very Happy

yup... completed everything! backache now...lol

I was right beside u, the bright silver one...hehe

Anyway, i was the last to move off, no extra tubes left, I only kept the remainings of mine (which is about 20-30cm long). As for the can of black glue, I tot one young chap (donno his name, but it's a opc bright silver) mentioned he will keep it? Unless he passed it to uncle Andi....
If u refer to the black insulator tapes, all are used up...

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by jackohy 30th August 2009, 2:54 am

Powerteo are you one of the last 2 (including me) to finish the insulation? Sorry i didn't
manage to get your name. In fact i didn't manage to get the names of the rest of the ppl there except Andy.

I think i may also need to buy the materials to touch up to re-insulate ..... I realised that my forte shu shu on the floor when i park the car just now, there's a long trail of water. So i guess i didn't insulate properly.

jackohy

Back to top Go down

Post by jackohy 30th August 2009, 2:57 am

powerteo wrote:
Anyway, i was the last to move off, no extra tubes left, I only kept the remainings of mine (which is about 20-30cm long). As for the can of black glue, I tot one young chap (donno his name, but it's a opc bright silver) mentioned he will keep it? Unless he passed it to uncle Andi....

ha ... tat seems to be me ... though not young anymore Very Happy . The glue is with andi loh.

jackohy

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 30th August 2009, 2:59 am

Oh, Jack , u are the opc bright silver owner! confirm we are the last 2 moved off and u didn't manage to find a place to wash your hands right.

Didn't check on my ride if there is water below it or not... will check it out tmr to confirm the insulation is done properly.

And u really is young wat... hehe

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 30th August 2009, 3:12 am

omg i look so fat
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement 30th August 2009, 3:39 am

Uncle Andi, thank you for helping to fix mine. Realm, thanks again for buying the stuff and;Pessimizt and all the bros, thank you for all the sharings. I look fwd to meeting all of you next time.

btw, Jackohy and Powerteo, I am not surre if it is normal to have forte shu shu aftter the DIY insultation? 'cause I do observe some vehicles come with original insultation discharing their respective shu shu as well.

cheers. Smile
Clement
Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 30th August 2009, 4:37 am

Divine wrote:omg i look so fat

u r..... fei mao.... angel
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 30th August 2009, 8:05 am

Welcome to all ! Sharing is caring !

Btw clement, u mean the insulation (not insultation) ? Razz
Ya, mine tends to 'shu shu' quite a bit more especially after insulation. But what air-con doesnt 'shu shu' ? Laughing

Argh.....i missed the Hello Kitty Forte.....cos i saw you passed by Sims Ave (heading towards Mountbatten / Guilllemard) at about 2pm+ but did not see you at the DIY.....

Cheers to all !
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement 30th August 2009, 10:21 am

Bro Pessimizt...yes, I meant insulation..brain did'nt work too well at wee hours..

Both Bro Jackohy and Powerteo spoke about their aircon discharges, and I wanted to enquire if it is normal as most vehicles come with air-con do... and also; whether if it supposed to "shu shu" more after DIY insulation?
Clement
Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 30th August 2009, 2:22 pm

sorry guys, cldnt make it yday DIY session, last mins changes due to my children mood Sad

hoping to c all new forte member on the next MU. alien
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 30th August 2009, 2:53 pm

The weather was good yesterday. Hope it will be kind to us during next weekend's MU as well. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 30th August 2009, 4:36 pm

haha jackohy no worries lah.. u can pass 2 me next time we meet, maybe the next MU on 6th sep? haha the weather ytd morning looks cloudy and i tot it will spoil our day haha but it turns out good. well everyone is young and fit over there haha..
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 31st August 2009, 11:41 am

Hi, All

Thanks for all the great help / sharing / offer during the DIY, was kind of in hurry by 5pm that day so guess I missed a few more in the photos..

and very nice to know all the sifu (esp.. uncle.Andi) and friends who helped to make this DIY a success... looking forward to next MU..

guess me old liao... backache too..haaa...
thumbsup

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 31st August 2009, 11:48 am

Juz@kid wrote:
Divine wrote:omg i look so fat

u r..... fei mao.... angel

thx for rubbing it in man lolx and all thx to ur ice cream potong wahahahaha =x
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 31st August 2009, 12:02 pm

sorry to ask a dumb question, but does the insulation really make a vast difference? considering getting one but not sure if the benefits out weight the effort.
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by n2bird 31st August 2009, 1:45 pm

Can any bro show some picture how the insulation is done. thanks Razz

n2bird

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 31st August 2009, 5:43 pm

1Seth1 wrote:sorry to ask a dumb question, but does the insulation really make a vast difference? considering getting one but not sure if the benefits out weight the effort.

Mine currently not much difference. Crying or Very sad

But that's because I still got quite a few hard to reach places to insulate. Dunno whether will be able to do so, or not. Haiz... No
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 31st August 2009, 5:45 pm

powerteo wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:

It's 4 bucks. Very Happy

yup... completed everything! backache now...lol

I was right beside u, the bright silver one...hehe

Yeah, I caught your nick when you arrived. Hehe.

I'm impressed that you managed to do everything all by yourself. thumbsup

Hope your wife and kids didn't make too much noise by the time you were done. lol!
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3